You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

I reckon Klopp will like Henderson and Milner. His Gegenpress is renowned as being one of the most physically taxing in football. He demands a massive amount from his players physically and there aren't many players fitter in this league than Milner and Henderson. Milner could be his Kuba.

Henderson has a big chance to be a very good player under Klopp. He needs to do three things.

Start taking the simple chances that he regularly misses currently, make forward runs more often and stop his Jay Spearing pointing tribute act.

Henderson will have to prove himself like everyone else. What we've seen of him so far suggests he's got a lot of improving to do. I can't see it. He's bog standard average just like rest of the midfield we have. The new man has a lot on sorting that lot out. That said the way the the other fella fucked about with his fucked up formations who's to say a settled side with players in their correct positions couldn't kick on.

Problem with our midfield is that Hendo and Milner are pulling in £250k a week between them. No way are we shifting either of those two easily and I don't think the board are going to want our club captain and 'big' summer signing sitting in the reserves. Best get Milner on the wing I think and let Can/Hendo compete for a place next to Lucas.

I'd sooner see us sign a quality goalie in Jan and look at bringing in a top defender and dm in the summer when we'll have the money to make a difference. A strong German spine is what this team needs with the high energy technical players hovering around it.

Does Hummels sound a bit like Himmler to you?

Until January when he'll give the armband to Hummels.

Interesting you say that. We all know the Reus rumours are going to be bigger than ever now but I have to say, if it's Klopp, I think the two players he'd go after first from Dortmund would be Hummels and Gundogan. It's not that I don't think he'd want Reus here but I think either of those too might be deemed more necessary than him to start. Gundogan next to Can or Lucas with Coutinho or Firmino in front of them, the other out wide left and whoever we decide can play the other flank (Milner, maybe even Henderson off top) and Sturridge as the loan striker could be a potent attack and solid midfield. Benteke could also play as the striker if he wants to try Sturridge on the right.

I also think Markovic might be actually given a chance in his best position now assuming we don't sell him after his loan.

Interesting you say that. We all know the Reus rumours are going to be bigger than ever now but I have to say, if it's Klopp, I think the two players he'd go after first from Dortmund would be Hummels and Gundogan. It's not that I don't think he'd want Reus here but I think either of those too might be deemed more necessary than him to start. Gundogan next to Can or Lucas with Coutinho or Firmino in front of them, the other out wide left and whoever we decide can play the other flank (Milner, maybe even Henderson off top) and Sturridge as the loan striker could be a potent attack and solid midfield. Benteke could also play as the striker if he wants to try Sturridge on the right.

I also think Markovic might be actually given a chance in his best position now assuming we don't sell him after his loan.

I agree with that. I think if he wants to play 4-2-3-1 we'll see Milner in a wide position with Can in midfield.

I think Klopp will look at the players he has before deciding on a formation. If he doesnt feel they are capable of what he wants he accomodate this until he is able to do what he likes.

Top managers do that.

One of my problems with Rodgers when he first came in, he was implementing tactics and formations he didn't have the personnel for

• 4 months later...

Nothing to do with his injury and everything to do with not having Suarez in the team making a load of shitehawks look like world beaters. Henderson is gash.

My thinking too.

As with other players, he punched above his weight when he had Suarez. He's not man enough to step up to the plate without that inspiration and leadership.

• Upvote 1

Someone should let him know that professional footballers are allowed to run more than 5 meters with the ball at their feet. He's so shit scared of getting dispossessed on the ball that all he does is just standing still whenever he receives the ball and straightaway playing a long hopeful pass even when there's nothing really on ahead of him.

Also let him know that captaincy is more than just whining pointlessly at every refereeing decision.

Someone should let him know that professional footballers are allowed to run more than 5 meters with the ball at their feet. He's so shit scared of getting dispossessed on the ball that all he does is just standing still whenever he receives the ball and straightaway playing a long hopeful pass even when there's nothing really on ahead of him.

Also let him know that captaincy is more than just whining pointlessly at every refereeing decision.

That's what annoys me most about Hendo. He really doesn't fancy himself in tight situations, and his technique isn't refined enough for him to pull off one touch football consistently.

• Upvote 1

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)