Quantcast
Jordan Henderson: European Cup Winning Captain of Liverpool - Page 186 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
dennis tooth

Jordan Henderson: European Cup Winning Captain of Liverpool

A fully fit Fabinho is still way ahead of Henderson for me. While he has been great since the end of last season, I think too much is being made of his recent absence. He was playing in the 1st leg when we looked pedestrian and only came off in the latter stages.

For me I don't think he wins the ball often enough or intercepts as much as Fabinho and the opposition tend to play around him too easily.

For example their 2nd goal last night he was just casually watching the ball as Morata had it on the right and then ambled over to Llorente as it was played inside, but he made no effort to win the ball or put pressure on either player. Van Dijk was guilty of this also vs Morata.

It was only Milner who bust his gut to get back who had to lunge in to try and block the shot and almost got there, while Henderson who was already the was still watching.

16 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

A fully fit Fabinho is still way ahead of Henderson for me. While he has been great since the end of last season, I think too much is being made of his recent absence. He was playing in the 1st leg when we looked pedestrian and only came off in the latter stages.

For me I don't think he wins the ball often enough or intercepts as much as Fabinho and the opposition tend to play around him too easily.

For example their 2nd goal last night he was just casually watching the ball as Morata had it on the right and then ambled over to Llorente as it was played inside, but he made no effort to win the ball or put pressure on either player. Van Dijk was guilty of this also vs Morata.

It was only Milner who bust his gut to get back who had to lunge in to try and block the shot and almost got there, while Henderson who was already the was still watching.

Fabinho has been fully fit for a while now.... he’s been involved in 10+ games since his return.

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Fabinho has been fully fit for a while now.... he’s been involved in 10+ games since his return.

It’s the longest injury in his career apparently, some players take longer than others to get back to their best as you know. Every game has been intense, he had a long run without injury, same cannot be said for others.

8 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Yeah but clearly he's nowhere near the level the he was at before the injury so it has set him back more than was realised.

26 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

What, you mean for Atletico's 2nd in the 107th minute of the game, a gassed Henderson playing for the first time in 4 games while Milner had only been on since the 82nd minute was still full of beans? Give yer head a wobble.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

What, you mean for Atletico's 2nd in the 107th minute of the game, a gassed Henderson playing for the first time in 4 games while Milner had only been on since the 82nd minute was still full of beans? Give yer head a wobble.

Yeah I get your point, but I said that's what he generally tends to do. But even then gassed or not he should've at least made some sort of effort to tackle/block/put the player off at least.

1 hour ago, ManéMan said:

Fabinho is a brilliant player when in form but has been way off in recent weeks. Henderson and Fabinho(in form) are a great partnership but there is no doubt Henderson is now the most influential player at the club and the senior midfielder too.

Jordan Henderson contacted local MP Ian Byrne who is also one of the guys heavily involved with Fans Supporting Foodbanks and told them the players will cover local foodbank shortages while we’re working through the Coronavirus.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Jordan Henderson contacted local MP Ian Byrne who is also one of the guys heavily involved with Fans Supporting Foodbanks and told them the players will cover local foodbank shortages while we’re working through the Coronavirus.

Top man

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Top lad and well done the players.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

75B0D5FA-627B-46BB-BECA-8635189AD465.jpeg

Good old Jordan, I’m glad he’s still the captain as I’ve just seen on Sky sports news a video of Virgil and he was introduced as ‘Liverpool captain’!! Do Sky know something we don’t??

2 minutes ago, suzy said:

Good old Jordan, I’m glad he’s still the captain as I’ve just seen on Sky sports news a video of Virgil and he was introduced as ‘Liverpool captain’!! Do Sky know something we don’t??

No, it's just piss poor research. Seen one or two papers say the same thing. Obviously the poor dears got confused when Virgil skippered the side for the Chelsea cup game.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

No, it's just piss poor research. Seen one or two papers say the same thing. Obviously the poor dears got confused when Virgil skippered the side for the Chelsea cup game.

I could have half understood if they said ‘vice captain’ but even that’s not true! I had to wind it back to check I’d heard it correctly! He’s been the captain a few times when Henderson and Milner are both not playing.

What phrase did Mourinho use that time the ‘deputy deputy’ or something?! 

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Nice move by Jordan there, getting things going. But still some sad mancs are slagging him off for doing it!

Sad bastards that have their whole identity revolving around hating Liverpool, as though it somehow enhances their persona, insecure about how they’ll never do anything of any significance in their pointless fucking lives whilst NHS staff are dying on the front line

3 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Why did I ever doubt him? He's grown as a captain and human beyond belief in the last few years!

He has certainly become something that many of us thought he never would. 

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He has certainly become something that many of us thought he never would. 

I'm proud that he's Liverpool's captain, I never thought I'd say that a year ago. I'm proud that I shook his hand once and that my lad got his photo taken with him.

Kudos to the king for signing him. Kudos to Klopp for keeping him as captain!  Even kudos to Rodgson for making him skipper.

I really hope we win the league, he deserves to do that daft dance before raising the Premier League trophy!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Not that I'm arsed in the slightest but how he's not England captain instead of that cotton mouthed goon is beyond me.

PartialGenerousErne-size_restricted.gif