You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There's a seriously bad virus going around too and he was apparently ill before hand.    Klopp didn't sound great in one of the pressers either. 

Some performance even without that but then again our water carriers have always been perfect for the big ones under Klopp.    

• Upvote 2

Grafted his arse off the entire time he was on the pitch, relentless pressing, and valuable protection for Trent.

City didn't get any kind of grip on the game until after he went off. 

You can tell how much he wants this title, he's giving it everything. Great attribute to have in a captain. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Carradona said:

Can anybody with anything negative to say about our European Cup Winning Captain please identify themselves in here?

I’m not gonna apologise for having criticised him in the past. He’s grown as a player and was outstanding on Sunday.

if he’d played the full 90, I think we’d have won by more, and I expect he’d have been man of the match.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Carradona said:

Can anybody with anything negative to say about our European Cup Winning Captain please identify themselves in here?

I’m not gonna apologise for having criticised him in the past. He’s grown as a player and was outstanding on Sunday.

if he’d played the full 90, I think we’d have won by more, and I expect he’d have been man of the match.

as he went down the right yesterday I said out loud “win a corner, win a corner” as that was the best you could imagine coming from it.

what a ball in. What a goal.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Much better in attacking areas than as a deeper midfielder. He’s disciplined and dependable when deeper, but more than that when further forward. Still, needs must. Klopp s system demands it. 

I agree that for Henderson he's probably best as an 8.

But for this team, I think he's better as the 6 (as back up for Fabinho, who is easily first choice at that position).

My reasoning being, I'd rather see two of Gini, Keita, Ox as the 8s over him.

I've been a huge Henderson supporter on here.  Think some of the shit he's got over the years from our own fans has been disgusting.

I think he's showing he can contribute in this team, hence being a regular in our best team we've had in the PL era, for the European Champions.  Not just with his graft, an assist vs City & goal vs Spurs showed he can contribute in attack as well.  

But I do think if we want to go up another level (which is incredibly tough given our record the last 38 league games)... then he is the weakest link in the team IMO, in terms of the regulars.  However that doesn't mean he is weak, as he's a very good player.  The problem for Henderson is we're getting so good the rest of the team are elite players.  

I have never claimed he's elite, just that he's far better than perceived.  But our team is getting so good I do think we're beginning to out grow a few of this squad - Henderson, Milner & Lovren types.  Three players who will give their all, can have great games, offer lots interst of leadership, passion etc.  But as players when compared to Salah, Mane, VVD, Robertson, Trent, Firmino, Fabinho, Alisson - are not elite.

That's fine for now as you don't need XI elite players to be an elite team.  I love seeing him do well after all the shit he's had.  Love seeing him prove those doubters wrong - he was never a weak leak in the past.

He's really effective and I think that was shown as when he went off look how much trouble Trent was having after that.  Ox couldn't protect him as well, we had to put Gomez on & Trent at RM to nullify that threat, which before that Henderson was dealing really well with. 

Now I see he's the one Southgate is using to try to solve the Gomez / Sterling spat.  He really is turning into a great leader & that was another doubt people had about him, his character.  That cannot be questioned!

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)