You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

He finds it harder to hide further up the pitch - difficult to stand next to an opposing player when moving back and forth a bit.

He had more touches as a deep lying player. 

No he didn't -- he had the least of any of our midfielders -- Milner had half as many in 30 minutes playing where he was.

Watch Fabinho play -- ideally for more than one game. He is a deep lying midfielder who holds the ball under pressure, breaks the lines on the dribble AND keeps possession. All while shutting down the other side 15 yards higher up the pitch. 

As said -- fair play for his dramatic upturn in form over the last few weeks - he had lost his place in the team.

We will see next season if he can continue on in a positive way. It is certainly no guarantee that he will be in the 11.

4 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Was surprised to see him in the team today after he ran his legs off on Tuesday.

Yeah, difficult end for all.

The one gripe I have about Klopp is how he uses the bench - every game there are three or four players on it that you know he will never turn to. Maybe that is really a comment on the squad quality

6 hours ago, TK421 said:

In my view, if Hendo lifts the European Cup people like stringvest have forfeited the right to celebrate it.  You can't act like a cunt about a player for nigh on a decade and then claim the glory when they lift a trophy.  

Are you trying to say that Henderson has won the trophy for himself, by himself? That's what it looks like here. 

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Are you trying to say that Henderson has won the trophy for himself, by himself? That's what it looks like here. 

If it happens I have a feeling TK will think he had something to do with it. And by him, I don't mean Henderson.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yeah, difficult end for all.

The one gripe I have about Klopp is how he uses the bench - every game there are three or four players on it that you know he will never turn to. Maybe that is really a comment on the squad quality

It's strange though that he will name players on the bench and not even consider using them. You would imagine they will only get selected if injury forces it. 

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

It's strange though that he will name players on the bench and not even consider using them. You would imagine they will only get selected if injury forces it

Even then he is more likely to shoehorn one of the 14 players he uses into the position - whether that is at fullback, Fabinho at centre half or Wiji running around upfront.

32 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Obviously not. But this idea that he ‘hides’ is bullshit. 

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He was hiding -- we recently found him, that's why he is part of the discussion now instead of being on 

THE BENCH!!

No you’re wrong. I posted stats showing he had the second most touches despite plaeying only 80 minutes. Feel free to post your own stats.

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

No you’re wrong. I posted stats showing he was had the second highest touches despite playing only 80 minutes. Feel free to post your own stats.

I got bad news for you pal -- he was on for the full match - he was hiding for 15 minutes or so apparently

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I got bad news for you pal -- he was on for the full match - he was hiding for 15 minutes or so apparently

I was talking about the Watford game, where people including you, accused him of hiding.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)