You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

4 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Have you asked what people meant by ‘hiding’? Maybe it isn’t ‘didn’t touch the ball’. I always disagreed with the ‘hiding’ thing, but throwing up a stat about touches of a midfielder who would knock it to the CB all game... it doesn’t really prove anything. 

He didn't knock it to the CB all game.  You're wrong about that, too.

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Says who? It's not a well defined term. He doesn't and never has been one to hide behind the opposition player so he couldn't receive a pass. I'm fairly sure nobody is accusing him of that. 

Stringvest has regularly accused him of literally hiding behind an opponent so that he's not in a position to receive the ball.  But that's because he's wrong and barely capable of interpreting the live action happening in front of his match going ass. 

Just now, TK421 said:

Stringvest has regularly accused him of literally hiding behind an opponent so that he's not in a position to receive the ball.  But that's because he's wrong and barely capable of interpreting the live action happening in front of his match going ass. 

Wrong.  There have been so many games where I’ve called him out for that, as well as hitting panicky balls back at defenders or goalie who then have to deal quickly with an o rushing attacker in a more risky position that Henderson was in when he got rid of the ball.  It’s a fact, not an opinion.  Now we’ve got Fabinho in that position who is more confident and courageous in that position, and is prepared to turn and pass forward, providing much bigger overall contribution than Henderson.  Henderson is playing further forward, without that responsibility any more, and is playing so much better.  He’s had some properly excellent games in the last month.  His contribution and value to the team has increased immeasurably.  Now if you seriously think that he was as good as Fabinho in that role before, well opinions are like arseholes and the probability is in both cases yours are in tatters.

Henderson is playing well, I have no issue with that, In fact I’m delighted after years of almost unbroken poor to average games, it’s like we have a new player.  I was right to call him out when he was shocking, and I’m right to call him out when he is having the games of his life.  Now get off your ass and go and get some Tupperware sold.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, TK421 said:

In my view, if Hendo lifts the European Cup people like stringvest have forfeited the right to celebrate it.  You can't act like a cunt about a player for nigh on a decade and then claim the glory when they lift a trophy.  

Haha!  Get the Beiber memes out.

2 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Wrong.  There have been so many games where I’ve called him out for that, as well as hitting panicky balls back at defenders or goalie who then have to deal quickly with an o rushing attacker in a more risky position that Henderson was in when he got rid of the ball.  It’s a fact, not an opinion.  Now we’ve got Fabinho in that position who is more confident and courageous in that position, and is prepared to turn and pass forward, providing much bigger overall contribution than Henderson.  Henderson is playing further forward, without that responsibility any more, and is playing so much better.  He’s had some properly excellent games in the last month.  His contribution and value to the team has increased immeasurably.  Now if you seriously think that he was as good as Fabinho in that role before, well opinions are like arseholes and the probability is in both cases yours are in tatters.

Henderson is playing well, I have no issue with that, In fact I’m delighted after years of almost unbroken poor to average games, it’s like we have a new player.  I was right to call him out when he was shocking, and I’m right to call him out when he is having the games of his life.  Now get off your ass and go and get some Tupperware sold.

Every word wrong.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

Haha!  Get the Beiber memes out.

It's true.  You're no Red, just a loud mouthed dickhead on the internet who thinks he knows better than Jurgen Klopp.  You're an embarrassment to LFC and have forfeited your right to celebrate any trophy that we win by virtue of a decade of internet cuntery. 

• Downvote 7

12 minutes ago, TK421 said:

In my view, if Hendo lifts the European Cup people like stringvest have forfeited the right to celebrate it.  You can't act like a cunt about a player for nigh on a decade and then claim the glory when they lift a trophy.  

Jesus does it fucking matter ?  People criticised when he played poorly and praised him when he played well.  Some people went a bit over the top on a footie forum shocker,

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

Jesus does it fucking matter ?  People criticised when he played poorly and praised him when he played well.  Some people went a bit over the top on a footie forum shocker,

It matters to me.  It went further than criticism, it was hostile and outright ridicule of a guy giving his best for the club who never deserved that kind of treatment.  People like that have no right to celebrate any success that comes our way.  They're not supporters because they don't support. 

17 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Hahahahahahaha. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

It matters to me.  It went further than criticism, it was hostile and outright ridicule of a guy giving his best for the club who never deserved that kind of treatment.  People like that have no right to celebrate any success that comes our way.  They're not supporters because they don't support. 

Let it go and enjoy the rest of the season. 

Just now, TheBitch said:

Has it been proven that our resident stormtrooper isn’t actually Jordan Henderson or his mum?

He was the same with Lucas. He picks people and just loses objectivity. It's fine, whatever, but saying life long fans like SV can't celebrate wins? Fuck that noise.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

He was the same with Lucas. He picks people and just loses objectivity. It's fine, whatever, but saying life long fans like SV can't celebrate wins? Fuck that noise.

It's an extreme opinion, but then stringvest has had extreme opinions about Henderson for a long period of time.  It's not just Hendo, either.  Roberto Firmino, Lucas Leiva, Steve Finnan, Dirk Kuyt... all great honest pros who give/gave everything for the shirt and yet all that cunt does is ridicule them on the internet and blame them for every poor result.  That's not being a life long supporter, it's being a life long cunt.

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, TK421 said:

You don’t matter to me.  But from time you do give me cause to laugh so much my incontinence pad needs replacing.  This is one such time.  Nurse!  Where did I put my glasses... oh I’ve got them on

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)