You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I could do, but I don't think they'd be representative of what you genuinely think which is there for all to see in the above quote.

Argh go on mate don’t be sly. You may be pleasantly surprised. Go on have a look. 

2 minutes ago, corro said:

Argh go on mate don’t be sly. You may be pleasantly surprised. Go on have a look. 

Why?  We've already established that people who change their mind on a weekly basis, like Numero, lack faith and conviction in their own views.  Where's the fun if your view is about as consistent as one of my sharts after too much lamb pasanda?  

The President of the Hendo fan club actually had him playing next to Allen as a "shuttler" -- thats what we would call a water carrier. Keep in mind this post is from 2016 after Gerrard has left. This when Hendersons stock was riding pretty high and he strips him of the Captaincy.

TK:

Personally I would rewind back to 2014.  I would have Gerrard (captain) as a deep-lying playmaker at the base of a midfield diamond, Allen and Hendo as the two "shuttlers" ahead of him .

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The President of the Hendo fan club actually had him playing next to Allen as a "shuttler" -- thats what we would call a water carrier. Keep in mind this post is from 2016 after Gerrard has left. This when Hendersons stock was riding pretty high and he strips him of the Captaincy.

TK:

Personally I would rewind back to 2014.  I would have Gerrard (captain) as a deep-lying playmaker at the base of a midfield diamond, Allen and Hendo as the two "shuttlers" ahead of him .

B30839A7-31B4-4BBA-98F2-97EBD3BDFC4F.gif

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

TK:

Shuttler sounds an awful lot like “Segundo Volante” to me.

54 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Why?  We've already established that people who change their mind on a weekly basis, like Numero, lack faith and conviction in their own views.  Where's the fun if your view is about as consistent as one of my sharts after too much lamb pasanda?  

As consistent as your hero? V Spurs very sloppy, bit firmer since granted. What will we get tomorrow. Will he even start. What do you reckon.

2 hours ago, Code said:

Imagine that this was actually discussed, amazing stuff.

5 hours ago, LF:D said:

Fuck me those were bleak days on here.

Remember them well.  Imagining thinking Joe Allen was better than Henderson!

Sadly many did.  Allen found his level now, while Henderson is captaining our greatest team since we last won the league.

Levels!

I'm sure I started a thread/poll discussing this. 

Fucking bleak days. The Welsh Xavi

6 minutes ago, corro said:

As consistent as your hero? V Spurs very sloppy, bit firmer since granted. What will we get tomorrow. Will he even start. What do you reckon.

I think we could see a shakeup in the midfield area against Porto.  If I was a betting man, which I'm not, I'd say Keita would be the one to make way and we'll see the return of either Milner or Wijnaldum in his place.  It's the hardest area of the team to predict because it gets rotated more than the other positions.   

15 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I reckon Keita will keep his place in the starting line-up while he's building into some form. He's probably first in line to be subbed, but the starts are clearly helping his confidence.

If it was at home I'd agree.  I think Klopp will go more for tried and trusted and solidity than goal threat with the game at 2-0 and us not having to chase it.  I think Wijnaldum just needed a bit of a breather and will come back into contention, but we'll see.  

I got a slight twitch-on half way through the second half on Sunday, when Chelsea cleared one of our attacks, only for our Captain to come literally flying on Kante's blind side and clip the ball to Trent.

It was a lovely moment, surely deserving of a CaraMac gif.

20190416_222129.jpg

6 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Bottom line, I sure as shit hope he lifts both trophies and has an incredible run in. I've got absolutely nothing against the guy. 

That’s good to hear, I do wonder sometimes with a few on here (Stringvest)

I’m defensive of any LFC player who I think is unfairly judged or treated badly & over the years Henderson has been. 

I dont think he should be a regular, I don’t think any of our midfielders should be. Don’t think Klopp does either hence why lots of rotation in that position to keep the energy high & freshness in the engine room. 

I don’t have favourites. Certain games I wouldn’t have started Henderson this season (I wouldn’t start him tomorrow for example). But the same can be said of all our other CMs (I wouldn’t have started Fabinho vs Chelsea for example, but I wasn’t upset he did start & I thought he played well). 

It’s just nice seeing Henderson playing in his best position, not being hindered & him getting some praise for a change. He’s played as the 6 to help the team. That’s real leadership & I think he’s a really good captain. 

Lets hope he’s lifting trophies soon & the fans get off his back as he deserves it after all the unjust shit he’s had to put through over the years. He’s a credit to our club, as are most of the squad. 

6 hours ago, TK421 said:

Well you would say that, given that you change your mind about Hendo on a weekly basis.  Honestly, one week he shouldn't start ever again, the next he's better than melted cheese.  Make your mind up. 

I don’t hold either of those opinions though. When he’s off form or contributing very little, I think Jurgen has it right. Now he’s finally offering a bit more... Jürgen has it right. My opinion of how he is playing is based on the reality of what’s happening, not a man crush. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don’t hold either of those opinions though. When he’s off form or contributing very little, I think Jurgen has it right. Now he’s finally offering a bit more... Jürgen has it right. My opinion of how he is playing is based on the reality of what’s happening, not a man crush. 

The word "finally" speaks volumes there.  

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)