You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Just now, corro said:

Can you  find my positive Henderson posts for bit of balance. It won’t be too hard as there won’t be that many but they’re in there somewhere.

I can’t be arsed myself but crack on.

I could do, but I don't think they'd be representative of what you genuinely think which is there for all to see in the above quote.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

I literally say in the post he should be on the bench, which means I did think he was good enough, just not to be a regular starter. You don't have to infer anything when the answer is in actual writing, mate.

Fair enough.  I've taken on board what you've said and you can consider yourself pardoned.

I'll edit it and remove your quote, you're in the Hendo-lovers club.

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Here's some proof for @Numero Veinticinco that most fans don't hold the view that's he's a steady 7/10 player.

I didn't read the 10 or so people you quoted, but even if they're the worst abuse ever at a player anywhere, I think your framing of them as 'most fans' is, in a fanbase of 18 million, probably a bit of a stretch. I could, of course, get the same thing for Suarez, Torres, and Salah. Hell, I could do the same for Gerrard and Carra. 

But look, Some people clearly dislike him. Some, like you and LFD are very defensive of him. In my honest opinion, if you have one unchanging view of something or somebody that doesn't change when the situation changes then it's not a view I want to hold. It's dogmatic and based on bias. When Hendo has been playing poorly, I said that's what I thought. Same with Salah (and, as somebody who was posting about him on here when he was at Basle, even posting videos of him playing in Egypt and as a kid) the other week when he was playing really poorly, I said he was doing my nut in. It doesn't mean that I needed to be honest with myself and that I really didn't rate him. The first person to give Henderson credit when he has a really good game is me, you'll know this because I post about it. When he has one of those games where he just bosses everything, I fucking love him as a player. This last few matches, I've praised him. I don't dislike the guy or think he's shit. I think he has performed at a mediocre level for ages. I call him a good pro (which you seem to think is an insult, but I think he's like Milner in that he's a great guy to have around), his attitude is always spot fucking on. Your attempts to paint me as somebody with extreme positions on Hendo are just wide off the mark. He's... fine. Occasionally very good, occasionally has a poor game, but generally he's just fine. But I've said all this stuff, so I'll not bother doing it again after this post. 

Bottom line, I sure as shit hope he lifts both trophies and has an incredible run in. I've got absolutely nothing against the guy. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

But look, Some people clearly dislike him. Some, like you and LFD are very defensive of him. In my honest opinion, if you have one unchanging view of something or somebody that doesn't change when the situation changes then it's not a view I want to hold. It's dogmatic and based on bias.

Um, no.  It's called being consistent and having conviction in one's own views.  Any old shithouse can change their mind on a week to week basis or on the back of recent performances.

25 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Just 19 months ago with my comment, which I stand by at the time TK, if I remember rightly you went on a little neg tirade which is your right. He was very good in our last title run and has been very good the last three games in an advanced position. Did the manager not say he made a mistake playing him deep recently?

You said he shouldn't be on the pitch, there's little room for interpretation with a comment like that.  Of course you have the right to make comments such as that one, and I have the right to call it bullshit whether it's 19 months or 19 years later. 

18 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Um, no.  It's called being consistent and having conviction in one's own views.  Any old shithouse can change their mind on a week to week basis or on the back of recent performances.

Well, we obviously see that very, very differently. What you call consistent, I call being a bit of f an obstinate cunt who would rather stick to their biases rather than be... honest. 

What you call being a shithouse I call honest, rational, fair, and objective. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Well, we obviously see that very, very differently. What you call consistent, I call being a bit of f an obstinate cunt who would rather stick to their biases rather than be... honest. 

What you call being a shithouse I call honest, rational, fair, and objective. 

Well you would say that, given that you change your mind about Hendo on a weekly basis.  Honestly, one week he shouldn't start ever again, the next he's better than melted cheese.  Make your mind up. 

10 minutes ago, TK421 said:

You said he shouldn't be on the pitch, there's little room for interpretation with a comment like that.  Of course you have the right to make comments such as that one, and I have the right to call it bullshit whether it's 19 months or 19 years later. 

You certainly do. Right or wrong. Opinions eh. 

Just now, TK421 said:

Well you would say that, given that you change your mind about Hendo on a weekly basis.  Honestly, one week he shouldn't start ever again, the next he's better than melted cheese.  Make your mind up. 

No swinging dick is better than melted cheese. No swinging dick . 

4 hours ago, LF:D said:

Fuck me those were bleak days on here.

Remember them well.  Imagining thinking Joe Allen was better than Henderson!

Sadly many did.  Allen found his level now, while Henderson is captaining our greatest team since we last won the league.

Levels!

Hey, fuck you buddy 

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)