You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

I admit it was a ridiculous post from LFD.  I mean, Cheerios?  There's no way stringvest eats those.  He would have a big bowl of Miserios.   Packed full of fibre, because you need it at his age.

Haha!

Imaging thinking Henderson has played a 6 or 7 out of 10 since he's switched to the number 8 role.

Changed the game vs Southampton & scored

Arguably MOTM vs Porto

Got Sky MOTM vs Chelsea (I think Salah deserved it personally) 

Just give him credit where it is due.  It's not that hard!

1 minute ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Stringy said to me the other day he can’t believe how personal it seems to be for NV where Hendo’s concerned, like he really hates him as a bloke for some reason.

Just passing on what he said.

He said it to me, too.  I could just about make out the words from a mouthful of Miserios fortified with vitamins, minerals, hatred and bile. 

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

He said it to me, too.  I could just about make out the words from a mouthful of Miserios fortified with vitamins, minerals, hatred and bile. 

Did he cough the word solicitor while chuckling to you, too?

I thought that was a bit random.

13 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I've been Team Hendo since the great Allen Vs Henderson war of the Rodgers era. Glad people are waking up 

Fuck me those were bleak days on here.

Remember them well.  Imagining thinking Joe Allen was better than Henderson!

Sadly many did.  Allen found his level now, while Henderson is captaining our greatest team since we last won the league.

Levels!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Snarf.

It's you, LFD and Stringvest on here. Most think he's been middle of the road for years. And have said so on here. For years. Hopefully that's changing. 

Nah, you're trying to change the narrative (neg me, Moanero, I beg you).  

Henderson has been ridiculed on this forum for years and now you're trying to say that most people don't have a view either way.  That's bollocks, I'm afraid.  You only have to read this thread to find many strong opinions.  I mean, you yourself said he shouldn't start games, isn't that good and should be stripped of the captaincy.  Hardly a vanilla opinion.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, LF:D said:

Fuck me those were bleak days on here.

Remember them well.  Imagining thinking Joe Allen was better than Henderson!

Sadly many did.  Allen found his level now, while Henderson is captaining our greatest team since we last won the league.

Levels!

He’ll go back to his mean again soon enough. I’m guessing against Cardiff.

Yep, no one has ever said Henderson is a world beater, world class or anything like that.

They just think he is better than perceived & at the very least deserves respect.

It's nice to see him getting some praise for once, that's all.

I do think Henderson's pressing & energy is elite though, which is why it always baffled me we used him as the 6 & hindered the best part of his game.  No surprise he looks more comfortable as an 8.

He's a good 6.  Solid, not spectacular.  Let Fabinho thrive in that role.

Now what I want to see is when Fabinho is injured or suspended, I hope Gini plays as the 6 & Henderson stays as an option as an 8.  As the last few years it has been the other way round.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

He’ll go back to his mean again soon enough. I’m guessing against Cardiff.

The mean I assume is the last time he regularly played as the 8 for us (14/15) & he got more league goals & assists combined than anyone else in the squad (6 goals & 9 assists).

More than Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho - EVERYONE.

That's Henderson's mean, given it's the last time he regularly played as an 8 in 14/15, pre Klopp.  

12 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Nah, you're trying to change the narrative (neg me, Moanero, I beg you).  

Henderson has been ridiculed on this forum for years and now you're trying to say that most people don't have a view either way.  That's bollocks, I'm afraid.  You only have to read this thread to find many strong opinions.  I mean, you yourself said he shouldn't start games, isn't that good and should be stripped of the captaincy.  Hardly a vanilla opinion.

You, yourself, said your view on my opinion was totally wrong. It still is. But whatever, I'm bored of this.

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You, yourself, said your view on my opinion was totally wrong. It still is. But whatever, I'm bored of this.

Yeah, I changed my mind after I read some of your posts on this thread.  In the early days you seemed prepared to give him a chance.  Somewhere along the line that changed into not wanting him to start any games, thinking he wasn't that good and repeatedly calling for him to be stripped of the captaincy.  At best your view is inconsistent, but I think if you were being honest with yourself you'd just admit that you don't rate him as a player.  

Just now, TK421 said:

Yeah, I changed my mind after I read some of your posts on this thread.  In the early days you seemed prepared to give him a chance.  Somewhere along the line that changed into not wanting him to start any games, thinking he wasn't that good and repeatedly calling for him to be stripped of the captaincy.  At best your view is inconsistent, but I think if you were being honest with yourself you'd just admit that you don't rate him as a player.  

Okay, sure. I hate him and wish he would be disembowelled by one of his haters in the middle of the pitch. 

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)