You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

On 06/12/2018 at 12:03, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yes. Let's get more players who touch the ball 100 times but don't really do anything with it. The first half was very, very poor and anonymous. Not because he was hiding, but because he's just not that good. He's not some horrific clown, he's just not very good.

On 01/09/2018 at 18:23, Numero Veinticinco said:

Shouldn’t be captain. Shouldn’t be starting.

@Numero Veinticinco is this what you meant when you said "I've pretty much taken the middle road with Henderson"?

Because to me, that's not a middle of the road opinion at all.  It's unequivocal; you don't think he's a good player and you don't think he should be starting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, TK421 said:

@Numero Veinticinco is this what you meant when you said "I've pretty much taken the middle road with Henderson"?

Because to me, that's not a middle of the road opinion at all.  It's unequivocal; you don't think he's a good player and you don't think he should be starting.

Repped for having a drink and changing your mind. Well in.

7 hours ago, TK421 said:

Two posts from his years and years at the club. Great. You were right first time about you calling this completely wrong. Middle of the road means not criticising unnecessarily, not being a nasty cunt and calling him names all the time. It means praising him when he has been good (I’m sure you’ve seen me do that, during your search) and when he has been poor, I say he has been poor.

I don’t think he should be Captain. He doesn’t start every game, he isn’t one who regularly drives the team on. He’s generally tidy. Generally not terrible. Generally not great. On the occasion that he does grab the game, I’m the first one to praise him, because I’ve got no vendetta against him, but unlike you I’ve also not made him my pet project who can do no wrong. The middle road is being objective and unbiased. When he has been poor, I don’t want him starting. Not because I hate Henderson but because I like Liverpool more. 

Don’t do this to yourself, you’ve already made yourself look a bit daft saying how much shite I talk about Henderson, and how I’ve turned to misrepresenting people because I’ve been called out on my crap only to have to admit you were totally wrong and talking bollocks. My respect for you went up when you admitted that. Picking up the odd post and ignoring others just makes you look... silly. 

On 25/11/2018 at 16:55, Numero Veinticinco said:

Mate, if he played like that more often, nobody would be slating him. I like the guy, he’s clearly an important squad member, and a senior member with a good attitude. But it’s so rare that he puts in one of those all action performances that you have to question whether he deserves to be a regular starter, and certainly the Captain. 

On 25/11/2018 at 17:19, Numero Veinticinco said:

That’s true, people do go off on him and others but, as you say, he’s Captain of one of the best teams in the world; scrutiny and criticism when he doesn’t set the standard or even meet the standard is par for the course. If he can’t do that, why is he Captain? Obviously we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes but if the fans don’t want their Captain playing, it’s an issue. 

On 30/09/2018 at 07:33, Numero Veinticinco said:

Interesting. I thought this was his worst game for us in a really long time. I praised his brilliant performance against PSG, but this was tragic. I don’t think we can afford to play him and Milner together too often. 

On 19/09/2018 at 06:10, Numero Veinticinco said:

I think if people watch it back, they’ll notice all the things they want him to normally do. Fucking destroyer and excellent wide distribution. 

On 19/09/2018 at 06:43, Numero Veinticinco said:

I urge you to watch it back. He was superb last night. I agree with the general point. But there’s no way I’m having ‘he was okay’ against PSG. He was excellent. 

On 03/09/2018 at 09:28, Numero Veinticinco said:

I think he was near our worst player, but that's not really the point. It's not about this one performance. It's about his ability to play the role in the side now we've improved. Can Henderson carry the team forward like a Captain should?

For me, the answer is no. We need to look at the midfield sensibly over the coming season or two.

That’s not really somebody hating him, it’s not somebody blindly defending him. It’s... pretty fair. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Two posts from his years and years at the club. Great. You were right first time about you calling this completely wrong. Middle of the road means not criticising unnecessarily, not being a nasty cunt and calling him names all the time. It means praising him when he has been good (I’m sure you’ve seen me do that, during your search) and when he has been poor, I say he has been poor.

I don’t think he should be Captain. He doesn’t start every game, he isn’t one who regularly drives the team on. He’s generally tidy. Generally not terrible. Generally not great. On the occasion that he does grab the game, I’m the first one to praise him, because I’ve got no vendetta against him, but unlike you I’ve also not made him my pet project who can do no wrong. The middle road is being objective and unbiased. When he has been poor, I don’t want him starting. Not because I hate Henderson but because I like Liverpool more. 

Don’t do this to yourself, you’ve already made yourself look a bit daft saying how much shite I talk about Henderson, and how I’ve turned to misrepresenting people because I’ve been called out on my crap only to have to admit you were totally wrong and talking bollocks. My respect for you went up when you admitted that. Picking up the odd post and ignoring others just makes you look... silly. 

tl;dr

Do you rate him or not?  Pretty simple question.

3 minutes ago, Boss said:

Can we have a TK's ratings episode on each forum members ability to rate Jordan Henderson?

I'll start with NV

NV - All over the place like a mad bitch's happy shower.  Does not want him on the pitch ever and clearly hates his guts, but sometimes thinks he's great when he is on the pitch.  3/10

26 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Interesting.  Because before you said he wasn't very good, and shouldn't start any games.  Which kind of infers you don't think he's very good, and shouldn't start any games.

I don’t think he is very good. I think he’s okay. I don’t think okay players should be guaranteed first 11 starters for Liverpool. And he isn’t. I don’t think he should be starting because he’s just okay. Unless it’s rotation in a cup or against lesser teams to give better players a break, I’d sooner have our good or very good players playing in there.

This isn’t really an extreme view. Hendo isn’t a shit player, nor is he a very good player. He’s alright. Very occasionally he will be turd or brilliant. Almost always... neither. I don’t really know how much clearer I can be. 

If tgat consistent, logical, objective view is ‘all over the place’ and as extreme as Hitler to you, I guess we just disagree. 

4 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Okay, sounds like all our midfielders.   

The balance has been off for years.   Should be addressed this summer, which I'm looking forward too greatly. 

Yeah, I like Fabinho, Gini is great, AOC should be kept, and Keita needs a second season. The rest should either be rotation or shipped out. Milner is somebody I’d like to stick around but not really just for footballing reasons. Lallana can fuck off. Hendo is a solid pro and a senior member. We need somebody who can run games. Rabiot, if he hasn’t fucked off elsewhere. And somebody to connect midfield and attack. Fekir. 

29 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don’t think he is very good. I think he’s okay. I don’t think okay players should be guaranteed first 11 starters for Liverpool. And he isn’t. I don’t think he should be starting because he’s just okay. Unless it’s rotation in a cup or against lesser teams to give better players a break, I’d sooner have our good or very good players playing in there.

This isn’t really an extreme view. Hendo isn’t a shit player, nor is he a very good player. He’s alright. Very occasionally he will be turd or brilliant. Almost always... neither. I don’t really know how much clearer I can be. 

If tgat consistent, logical, objective view is ‘all over the place’ and as extreme as Hitler to you, I guess we just disagree. 

I don't think you're being honest with yourself.  Kind of squirming around and mincing about with the semantics.  But whatever.

27 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, I like Fabinho, Gini is great, AOC should be kept, and Keita needs a second season. The rest should either be rotation or shipped out. Milner is somebody I’d like to stick around but not really just for footballing reasons. Lallana can fuck off. Hendo is a solid pro and a senior member. We need somebody who can run games. Rabiot, if he hasn’t fucked off elsewhere. And somebody to connect midfield and attack. Fekir. 

Another £100m before we can legitimately say there is nothing wrong with our midfield. 

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)