You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

5 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Doesn’t seem to have been mentioned much but he clearly blanked Klopp when he got subbed off.  A bit billy big bollocks for me.  Klopp didn’t take kindly to it and it looked like he told him if he had an issue with it now wasn’t the time to be showing it.  I said it in the match thread if you’re going to act like that you better be an indispensable player.  He’s nowhere near that.  I hope Klopp pulls his pants down and takes the captaincy off him.

I wouldn't have taken him off. I'd have taken Sturridge back off. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I wouldn't have taken him off. I'd have taken Sturridge back off. 

There were definitely worse players on the pitch and I’d have took Sturridge back off after his firsts 5 mins on the pitch but I wouldn’t have brought him on in the first place.  Tactically though we were basically playing with two holding midfielders and one of them needed to come off just to change it up and cause some different problems.

My point was about his behaviour coming off the pitch though.  He was acting like a knobhead as if he’s running the show and I think it’s been coming.  It’s like we owe him something.

9 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Doesn’t seem to have been mentioned much but he clearly blanked Klopp when he got subbed off.  A bit billy big bollocks for me.  Klopp didn’t take kindly to it and it looked like he told him if he had an issue with it now wasn’t the time to be showing it.  I said it in the match thread if you’re going to act like that you better be an indispensable player.  He’s nowhere near that.  I hope Klopp pulls his pants down and takes the captaincy off him.

It would be interesting to see Henderson try to emulate Chelsea style player power to force a change of manager.

Come on now it’s not a fucking mystery. The lad is a fucking lightweight. It was a cold stone certainty he would disappear today. He cannot provide when we need impetus going forward. He is a fucking shithouse taking easy options every time. How the fuck did we ever get to the conclusion he was any good. He’s so boringly average. I was made up when he got the hook. Cheeky cunt seen his arse too. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

Succinctly put by Corro. He is indeed a shithouse and saving the snarl for one's own manager rather than for the actual opposition players would seem to be not only pathetically misguided, but also more than somewhat foolish politically. You don't mess with Klopp. Hopefully he's given a long time on the bench to consider his enormous douchery before being rapidly offloaded to Palace. 

It looks like he plays with everything to lose.  He’s terrified to turn around with the ball unless he’s absolutely certain there’s nobody with 10 yards of him and that means even when there isn’t anyone within 10 yards of him he will still just first time it backwards just in case.  I don’t think he’s cut out for that position in front of the defence because he’s not relaxed enough on the ball.  He should be competing for the others midfield positions.  I think he would feel less pressure there but it would only be a matter of time before his deficiencies there would surface.  I think he must be getting the feeling his time is up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He reminds me of a letter I read in a local newspaper letters page once (genuinely). 

"On the subject of which are better, dogs or cats. My sister has a cat and her house was recently burgled. The cat just sat there and did NOTHING." 

Obviously wasn’t a Guard Cat. The Pussy.

30 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Not really, we just did the same thing in a different way, with still with no cutting edge.

So no better with Henderson off the pitch? As was said earlier. Henderson's performance was ok and the people who let us down were the front players. Its ridiculous that the lad is getting slagged off for wanting to stay on and play and being frustrated when he can't. Sign of a good pro that. He shook Klopp's hand five seconds later so no big deal.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

So no better with Henderson off the pitch? As was said earlier. Henderson's performance was ok and the people who let us down were the front players. Its ridiculous that the lad is getting slagged off for wanting to stay on and play and being frustrated when he can't. Sign of a good pro that. He shook Klopp's hand five seconds later so no big deal.

Being better(a sub) is down to perspective(bar coming on and slotting or setting up a goal or two), the outcome was that we never scored/won, but the manager has the absolute right to change, to get the result, regardless of who that player is(Salah as an example).

Maybe we are both arguing the same angle here, but there were no bad players today, there were for me, just those that didn't perform ton their expected, and proven, levels. Henderson played well today, you'd be either myopic or agenda driven to not see that.

Regardless of the result, its been a long time to have stood there and watch a Liverpool team dominate at their ground for such a long and sustained period of time, as we did today, so for that, it felt like a win today. Even if the scoreboard didn't show that.

PS. Jim Broadbent

6 hours ago, The Guest said:

Should have pulled that Kepa trick for me and stayed on the field running around the place pointing and refusing to come off. 

Seriously though, if he’d exchanged a few friendly words with Klopp on his way off, some weapon on here would probably have a go at him for being happy to leave the pitch. 

• Upvote 2

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)