Quantcast
Jordan Henderson: European Cup Winning Captain of Liverpool - Page 118 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
dennis tooth

Jordan Henderson: European Cup Winning Captain of Liverpool

31 minutes ago, Grinch said:

There's also the fact, Milner and Wijnaldum were supposed to be creating and failed to do so, again.    

They've been good in one or two big games, but in general, we've been an atrocious attacking side with that midfield. Wijnaldum is a full blown holding player now and Milner does his best but he's in his mid thirties and has no guile. It's not smart to expect anything attacking wise from them, and they've proven that time and time again. That midfield just isn't a good idea, it's the wrong call.  

Milner used to have guile when he could overlap and get behind defences. I still remember a mesmerising goal he was part of against us for City in that fashion. That was 5 years ago though — and he was on the wane then.

i think we’re getting just as much as you’d expect from Milner/Wijndum/Henderson. Arguably far far more. A trio of triers bought on fees that a trio of triers command, and by the way, the midfield spine to date of a record breaking league season so far. Our 80 million £ pair of midfield sensations absolutely have to kick on. They are a ridiculous flop IF they cannot displace the 3 above.

It's not that Henderson was especially bad last night, he plays the exact same way against the likes of Stoke and Cardiff and Bournemouth and Wigan and...

He offers nothing.

He is a shithouse coward of the highest order. I can't believe what Klopp sees in him. The Ardja brigade will be out defending him soon. Fucking shithouse of a captain and as a player. Think he's actually regressed since joining. He is probably a nice guy and does alot of running in training, but as a footballer at this level he can fuck right out of the club and go back to Sunderland. Did I say shithouse ?, he makes me puke. Fucking nivea poster boy joke.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

He is a shithouse coward of the highest order. I can't believe what Klopp sees in him. The Ardja brigade will be out defending him soon. Fucking shithouse of a captain and as a player. Think he's actually regressed since joining. He is probably a nice guy and does alot of running in training, but as a footballer at this level he can fuck right out of the club and go back to Sunderland. Did I say shithouse ?, he makes me puke. Fucking nivea poster boy joke.

Do you really think he's as good as that?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

he may be fantastic in the dressing room and monging in front of the cameras at a children's hospital, but he's fucking useless on the pitch.  He wins joint least inspirational captain with that twat off the Costa Concordia. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, stringvest said:

he may be fantastic in the dressing room and monging in front of the cameras at a children's hospital, but he's fucking useless on the pitch.  He wins joint least inspirational captain with that twat off the Costa Concordia. 

Captain Mainwaring was more competent. 

Referee about to book Joe Gomes and asks for his name, Captain Horatio Henderson bounds forward an says, “ don’t tell him Gomes “

Stupid boy!

13 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Captain Mainwaring was more competent. 

Referee about to book Joe Gomes and asks for his name, Captain Horatio Henderson bounds forward an says, “ don’t tell him Gomes “

Stupid boy!

Yes, although he is actually Pike.

• Upvote 1

There were a couple of times he actually wriggled out of tight spaces with the ball, and caught by by total surprise.. like normally he doesn’t even attempt it.

15 minutes ago, aRdja said:

There were a couple of times he actually wriggled out of tight spaces with the ball, and caught by by total surprise.. like normally he doesn’t even attempt it.

Well, that's great and all but it didn't help us win. 

Just now, Shooter in the Motor said:

Well, that's great and all but it didn't help us win. 

No, no... of course not. It wasn’t really meant to be a compliment. Feel free to continue with the berating.

Not all on him, this.  I presume that he doesn't pick the team.

Either way, he's suspended on Sunday so Keita will most likely step in. Time for him to start producing.

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

WigglyEachDormouse-max-1mb.gif

Keita, Shaqiri, Fabinho. Two of those three at least if not all three should be starting, he is too afraid to do it because we’re right up there in the league in my opinion. But it is killing us in Europe.

Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum. Only one in our starting three in my opinion, probably Wijnaldum, certainly at home.

The decision not to play Fabinho last night was baffling given his history in the French league. Again In my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Not all on him, this.  I presume that he doesn't pick the team.

Either way, he's suspended on Sunday so Keita will most likely step in. Time for him to start producing.

He's the Captain. It is ALL on him. Same as it was for Souness, Gerrard and all the other GREAT Captains who accepted the responsibility to represent the club as a player and as a Captain. 

If he doesn't want that responsibility, give up the armband. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, aRdja said:

No, no... of course not. It wasn’t really meant to be a compliment. Feel free to continue with the berating.

I'm not berating you, I'm berating the illustrious Captain who should be the Standard Bearer and Leader of Men. If the best he can do is wriggle out of tight spaces then there is something seriously wrong with this Standard Bearer. 

12 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

He's the Captain. It is ALL on him. Same as it was for Souness, Gerrard and all the other GREAT Captains who accepted the responsibility to represent the club as a player and as a Captain. 

If he doesn't want that responsibility, give up the armband. 

You're missing my point a bit. The manager picks him and gives him the captain's armband. Surely he bears some responsibility here too?

I think it's safe to say we won't be naming any stands in our beloved captains good name.

The Jordan 'just get rid' stand.

• Upvote 2

He wasn't among our worse players last night. Milner, Gini, Bobby and Mo every bit as bad. Even Robbo was shit.

His days of being a starter should be consigned to the past, himself and Gini should share games against the shite, Gini for the home games and Jordan for the aways.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

You're missing my point a bit. The manager picks him and gives him the captain's armband. Surely he bears some responsibility here too?

I see that point but does a player have to accept being the Captain? Surely they can turn it down or pass it on? 

Keita and Fabinho haven't exactly been pulling up any trees this season, and Shaqiri was gash when he came on. 

Was it Gerrard's fault every time we got beat in Europe?

This whole captain thing is a load of bollocks these days anyway. 

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I see that point but does a player have to accept being the Captain? Surely they can turn it down or pass it on? 

I think most would agree it needs to be passed onto a certain Dutch defender. Only one man can do that though. 

I feel like a bit of a dick kicking him further when he’s already down, but maybe the most irritating thing for me was that he wasn’t in the referee’s face from the off last night when it was clear what PSG’s approach was. Things like that matter but it’s not his personality. I think he’s a useful player sometimes, but he just doesn’t have the gravitas that VVD would have in the captain’s role.

Just do it Jurgen. 

• Upvote 1