You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

16 hours ago, Daisy said:

I would probably start that midfield to power us through early stages to get us 1-0. Then bring on ox and/or keita to get a second

Both Ox and Keita have been very underwhelming though. I'd say OC is best as an impact player from the bench but is nowhere near good enough to start when everybody is fit.

20 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Both Ox and Keita have been very underwhelming though. I'd say OC is best as an impact player from the bench but is nowhere near good enough to start when everybody is fit.

Ox is the only one willing to shoot from outside the box ala Jimmy case. They should be encouraged to mix it up more. Long ball over the top worked a treat for a few games. 

Definitely missing hendo, he's constantly shouting at the players, we've missed that. 

Wednesday night's game most likely will be a frustrating one, we'll have to mix it up and be aggressive. Twat those fuckers. 

1 minute ago, Butch said:

Ox is the only one willing to shoot from outside the box ala Jimmy case. They should be encouraged to mix it up more. Long ball over the top worked a treat for a few games. 

Definitely missing hendo, he's constantly shouting at the players, we've missed that. 

Wednesday night's game most likely will be a frustrating one, we'll have to mix it up and be aggressive. Twat those fuckers. 

I agree with you about Ox's willingness to shoot,I like that a lot and wish more had that attitude but OC's all round game is much weaker than the regular starters.

10 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I agree with you about Ox's willingness to shoot,I like that a lot and wish more had that attitude but OC's all round game is much weaker than the regular starters.

I really like his aggressive style but he's not yet back to his best, but he'll definitely get there. 

He's a fighter and we need a bit of that. 

Just like hendo, I never had any time for him and thought he was just a very average player but in the last few seasons he's been absolutely magnificent and I love him and his attitude. 

He's really important to this side so hopefully he's ready to come back starting from Wednesday. 

9 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

A fully fit and upto speed Fabinho starts, as does Henderson and Wijnaldum. We need a top AM in the summer. Our midfield was good last night, all of them.

That’s what I thought too initially. However Hendo’s performances since late last year have changed my mind. He’s superb in that pivot role and I don’t think see any reason why we should move him. It’s Hendo, Gini, +1 IMO, and at the moment I’d give it to Ox.

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

That’s what I thought too initially. However Hendo’s performances since late last year have changed my mind. He’s superb in that pivot role and I don’t think see any reason why we should move him. It’s Hendo, Gini, +1 IMO, and at the moment I’d give it to Ox.

I bet you would haha. I would play 4231 and accommodate both when we get a top AM. But Jurgen knows best.

A fully fit Fabinho is still way ahead of Henderson for me. While he has been great since the end of last season, I think too much is being made of his recent absence. He was playing in the 1st leg when we looked pedestrian and only came off in the latter stages.

For me I don't think he wins the ball often enough or intercepts as much as Fabinho and the opposition tend to play around him too easily.

For example their 2nd goal last night he was just casually watching the ball as Morata had it on the right and then ambled over to Llorente as it was played inside, but he made no effort to win the ball or put pressure on either player. Van Dijk was guilty of this also vs Morata.

It was only Milner who bust his gut to get back who had to lunge in to try and block the shot and almost got there, while Henderson who was already the was still watching.

16 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

A fully fit Fabinho is still way ahead of Henderson for me. While he has been great since the end of last season, I think too much is being made of his recent absence. He was playing in the 1st leg when we looked pedestrian and only came off in the latter stages.

For me I don't think he wins the ball often enough or intercepts as much as Fabinho and the opposition tend to play around him too easily.

For example their 2nd goal last night he was just casually watching the ball as Morata had it on the right and then ambled over to Llorente as it was played inside, but he made no effort to win the ball or put pressure on either player. Van Dijk was guilty of this also vs Morata.

It was only Milner who bust his gut to get back who had to lunge in to try and block the shot and almost got there, while Henderson who was already the was still watching.

Fabinho has been fully fit for a while now.... he’s been involved in 10+ games since his return.

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Fabinho has been fully fit for a while now.... he’s been involved in 10+ games since his return.

It’s the longest injury in his career apparently, some players take longer than others to get back to their best as you know. Every game has been intense, he had a long run without injury, same cannot be said for others.

26 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

What, you mean for Atletico's 2nd in the 107th minute of the game, a gassed Henderson playing for the first time in 4 games while Milner had only been on since the 82nd minute was still full of beans? Give yer head a wobble.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

What, you mean for Atletico's 2nd in the 107th minute of the game, a gassed Henderson playing for the first time in 4 games while Milner had only been on since the 82nd minute was still full of beans? Give yer head a wobble.

Yeah I get your point, but I said that's what he generally tends to do. But even then gassed or not he should've at least made some sort of effort to tackle/block/put the player off at least.

1 hour ago, ManéMan said:

Fabinho is a brilliant player when in form but has been way off in recent weeks. Henderson and Fabinho(in form) are a great partnership but there is no doubt Henderson is now the most influential player at the club and the senior midfielder too.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)