You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

8 minutes ago, LF:D said:

Fabinho has been really poor since coming back from injury.

I don't think we necessarily need Henderson.  But if Fabinho doesn't pick up his form in the next few games before Atletico, I'd be wanting to see Gini in the 6 role (assuming Hendo is out).  I want the Fabinho who was bossing Man City earlier this season, looks a shadow of that player recently.  Hopefully games help.

Fabinho, Gini, Milner if Hendo’s still out. We need proper fighters in the middle against them, don’t think we can afford to carry Keita here.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Fabinho, Gini, Milner if Hendo’s still out. We need proper fighters in the middle against them, don’t think we can afford to carry Keita here.

Keita wins more tackles than anyone when he plays.

Not a fighter?  Lol

Should be one of the first names on the teamsheet when we play Atletico.

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

He never really seems up for a fight IMO. He tends to hide

You have to be joking.

You think he just has the most tackles and interceptions without being up for the fight. 

Or has the most touches in games from the midfielders because he hides.

Seems there is a perception about Keita that he's been a flop & it is very very wrong.  

Didn't have his best game the other night (nor did anyone apart from Gini & Trent) - still won the most tackles when he was on the field.  

25 minutes ago, LF:D said:

You have to be joking.

You think he just has the most tackles and interceptions without being up for the fight. 

Or has the most touches in games from the midfielders because he hides.

Seems there is a perception about Keita that he's been a flop & it is very very wrong.  

Didn't have his best game the other night (nor did anyone apart from Gini & Trent) - still won the most tackles when he was on the field.  

No, just my observation. As @Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper told me, Keita is just too timid a player, except when we play Bournemouth. Please feel free to include him in your XI.

Where do you get your stats from just out of curiosity. Would’ve thought Fabinho would top the tackling stats.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Where do you get your stats from just out of curiosity. Would’ve thought Fabinho would top the tackling stats.

The geeks on twitter.

Stephen is one of the best.  

Half time vs West Ham:

661ec7de145b07ce549aadd86f7e9bca.png

His P90 stats are incredible nearly every time he plays. 

I think people are merely looks for goals & assists when judging Keita, which is not the way to analyse a footballer properly in 2020.

5 minutes ago, LF:D said:

The geeks on twitter.

Stephen is one of the best.  

Half time vs West Ham:

661ec7de145b07ce549aadd86f7e9bca.png

His P90 stats are incredible nearly every time he plays. 

I think people are merely looks for goals & assists when judging Keita, which is not the way to analyse a footballer properly in 2020.

I didn’t realise you were talking about the West Ham game only.

• Upvote 1

I have been surprised with how often he wins back posession or stops an opposition attack. However it's also true that once he gets clattered he seems to lose the appetite to carry on. Overall he's not as bad as many are making out here. I recall most on here thought he was rubbish against Norwich as well, but I don't think that was actually the case.

He's the type of player that will look even better when the team plays more cohesively which hasn't been the case the past few games. The overall team fluidity has been lacking so the attacking aspect of his play has suffered as a result. 

8 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

People are starting to realise what he brings to this side when he's missing. We've lacked leaders the last 2 games and it shows. He's a very important piece of the puzzle and there's a huge gap when he's out. 

I've seen this sentiment all over Twitter and such. It's simplistic to say this. We miss him like we would miss any good player, but him not being there is not even close to being the reason we lost today. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I've seen this sentiment all over Twitter and such. It's simplistic to say this. We miss him like we would miss any good player, but him not being there is not even close to being the reason we lost today. 

It's one of the reasons. We had zero leadership, nor any midfield presence. He brings both. Now it isn't like he's going to automatically make the front 3 score, or prevent Lovren being a cabbage, but he's the glue in the centre of the park and we're a lot poorer without him this season. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

It's one of the reasons. We had zero leadership, nor any midfield presence. He brings both. Now it isn't like he's going to automatically make the front 3 score, or prevent Lovren being a cabbage, but he's the glue in the centre of the park and we're a lot poorer without him this season. 

I don't disagree with any of that. He's an important player. I just think it's funny that not that long ago, many people wanted Henderson stripped of the captaincy and have it given to van Dijk. Well, van Dijk was captain today and we lost 3-0. Guess what that means? Absolutely nothing. 

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't disagree with any of that. He's an important player. I just think it's funny that not that long ago, many morons wanted Henderson stripped of the captaincy and have it given to van Dijk. Well, van Dijk was captain today and we lost 3-0. Guess what that means? Absolutely nothing. 

Fixed.

• Upvote 1

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)