You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

LF:D is the forums Danny Murphy 

No he’s always wrong & a bellend. Like most people on this thread. 

Love reading this thread, absolute gold - needs to go in the best threads forum. 

Amazing how 90% slagged him off. Oh let’s change the title of the thread now as we won’t look quite so cunty. 

It’s not about being right, it’s about not being a cunt! 

He was always a very good player who deserved respect. Finally he’s got some, no thanks to our ‘fans’...

4 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Yes mate. I’ve long been a hugely vocal critic of Hendo, not to mention desperate to win a decade long internet battle with you about whether he’s a good player or not. Well spotted.

If only we stripped Henderson off the captain as you were saying earlier in this thread. 

Lol - good night! 

• Downvote 2

He was superb last night. Should’ve won the bronze ball. Or the platinum ball. 

silver ball for “worst haircut” was clearly sewn up by the Brazilian lad, dead Cert.

golden ball for “biggest ovation when getting subbed” was a shoe in for Mo.

golden trophy sponsored by someone for “nicest smile” would’ve likely gone to Gini had he been fit, but Mo was a worthy winner in the end.

Platinum ball for “deserving an assist in the opening minute but not getting an assist for the winning goal despite playing the biggest part in it” was I guess the right call for the lad in the end.

Hendo's biggest problem is he doesnt score goals. if he had weighed in with 5, 6, 7 or 8 goals a season, many people wouldnt have given him such a hard time over the years.

Ive always said a number of incidents cost us the title in 2014. Obviously all the haters uses Stevie's slip. There were others of course but to me, the telling point was his sending off in the last minute of that 3-2 city game.

His 3 game suspension was very telling.

Course there'll always be those who go on about the sideways passes while ignoring the fact we're keeping possession of the ball. Everyone else in the team is allowed to pass backwards and sideways but no, not Henderson. It's a cardinal sin when he does it.

It's clear his teammates are more than happy he's the captain. Milner even said at the Champions League trophy presentation if anyone including the manager tried to pick up 'that trophy' before Hendo, that they'd have to go through him first.

Would have been great if his shot last night had of beaten the keeper. Im hoping to see him lift an even bigger trophy in May.

• Upvote 3

Played well this season and no better game than last night. Last summer many he thought he wasn't good enough and he would lose the captaincy for sure. Can't have escaped his attention that he was under the spotlight and no doubt he has worked his socks off and really upped his game and his leadership credentials . Horrenderson has become a vital cog in the wheel and fair play to him. 

13 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Yes mate. I’ve long been a hugely vocal critic of Hendo, not to mention desperate to win a decade long internet battle with you about whether he’s a good player or not. Well spotted.

Looks like you’ve been inducted into the select group known as Stringvest’s Merry Men. Welcome to the club. Once you’re in all you have to do is say “you’re a dickhead” and critics of the Merry Men start whining, messaging Dave claiming they’re being bullied and then disappearing for months on end. The only downside is that the rest of the forum miss out on top, top content that was previously being supplied as a service. 

I WON’T STAY FOR THIS.  

• Upvote 3

Henderson has received criticism at times that's been objective and fair, but the majority has just been over the top needless shite from fuckwits.  There can be no higher praise than Klopp having him as his club captain.

He's won the continental treble, a first for a Liverpool skipper/player.  He might very well be the first Liverpool skipper to life the Premiership very soon.  And his performance last night was pure quality against a team of snidey bastards aided by an out of his depth clueless cunt of a referee.

So it would be nice if there was an amnesty on Henderson now, forgive all the haters and fuckwits who know better than Klopp and give them a clean slate.

And if they start up again from here on in, go round and kick their cunts in.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Looks like you’ve been inducted into the select group known as Stringvest’s Merry Men. Welcome to the club. Once you’re in all you have to do is say “you’re a dickhead” and critics of the Merry Men start whining, messaging Dave claiming they’re being bullied and then disappearing for months on end. The only downside is that the rest of the forum miss out on top, top content that was previously being supplied as a service. 

I WON’T STAY FOR THIS.  

Rather sad that anyone should choose to return to the forum, within minutes of one of our club's greatest ever triumphs, and take that opportunity to hurl snide abuse and petty bitchiness at people who've probably been to more games than he's had hot dinners.

Petty, infantile and wholly predictable.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Rather sad that anyone should choose to return to the forum, within minutes of one of our club's greatest ever triumphs, and take that opportunity to hurl snide abuse and petty bitchiness at people who've probably been to more games than he's had hot dinners.

Petty, infantile and wholly predictable.

D6BA8A94-C64C-4113-9418-FDFB3BE429C7.gif

5 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I need to stop reading this forum right before I go to bed, because I had a dream that Jordan Henderson went berserk and massacred loads of people with a machine gun. And I was thinking, I hope they don't take the trophy off us for this.

Haha

His leadership was never in question was it? Just his footballing ability. When he first got moved to defensive midfield he was great for the first few months, especially when we were playing big teams. Then he got petrified of keeping the ball for more than a split second, refused to turn with it and started smashing it back to the keeper first time whenever he got it. Against the shithouse teams who play eleven behind the ball he was actively detrimental to our play.

Then Klopp stuck him on the right of the midfield three and he's been great again. Even improved as a defensive midfielder when he's had to go back there.

• Upvote 1

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)