You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

14 hours ago, LF:D said:

@stringvest is quiet on this thread! 

Hendo has shut him up. 

Love it! 

Oh dear the bedwetter has had his nappy changed, and after years of being wrong, Hendo’s come good lately.  Stop being obsessed and enjoy the fact that Henderson has been putting on excellent performances in the last month.  I’m enjoying it, and if we win the double I’ll be over the moon, squeaky.

• Upvote 8

On 25/11/2018 at 18:16, viRdjil said:

If you want an example of a player who hides, go back to Keita’s against City... Hendo doesn’t hide, he’s just not an very creative user of the ball.

On 25/11/2018 at 18:30, viRdjil said:

Yeah like I do with Van Dijk, Gomez, Robbo, Salah, Gini, etc. I just don’t subscribe to this herd mentality, especially when it comes to something as silly as accusing the player with the most second most touches (despite playing only 80 mins), that he ‘hides’ from the ball. 

On 25/11/2018 at 19:34, viRdjil said:

Every man and his dog rates Maguire at the moment. If Mourinho had his way in the summer, he would’ve been a United player. I don’t even rate Hendo very highly. He’s a good squad player for us, and before the sending off he didn’t play noticeably worse that he normally does. He constantly gives you a 6 out of 10. Sometimes he gives you a 5 sometimes a 7, but mostly he just sits there and “does a job”.

On 25/11/2018 at 19:47, viRdjil said:

I’ve always maintained that the sending off was stupid... very happy for people to attack him on that.. but there’s no need to make up something that isn’t true e.g., that he hid.. when the stats to easily refute that claim is publicly available.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1284968/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2018-2019-Watford-Liverpool

On 26/11/2018 at 09:59, viRdjil said:

You should if you were trying to argue that hides from the ball, as some people currently are, which is nonsense.

aRdja knows

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

12 hours ago, stringvest said:

Oh dear the bedwetter has had his nappy changed, and after years of being wrong, Hendo’s come good lately.  Stop being obsessed and enjoy the fact that Henderson has been putting on excellent performances in the last month.  I’m enjoying it, and if we win the double I’ll be over the moon, squeaky.

Ahhhh so let’s just forget you were a complete cunt to him for years on here. Wrong about him constantly as a player, character & leader. Endless bullshit & belittling of him. 

Don’t give all the Henderson love now, you can shove it up your hairy ass! 

#wrongvest #ipreferredjoeallenvest #illlovehendonowaswemightwinatrophyvest #hairyassvest #hesnotyourcaptainvest #ifkloppwantstobesuccessfulheneedstobinhendovest 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

12 hours ago, stringvest said:

It’s fucking weird how Joe Cole’s biggest fan is now saying people were ‘wrong’ to evaluate Henderson’s contribution as average or poor before his recent and evident upturn in form that has come about from playing a different role. To him, it seems to be that Henderson playing well now means that history is changed and his lack of contribution and loss of his spot in the team didn’t happen. Very strange behaviour. It doesn’t even seem to matter that he said just a week or so ago that Hendo shouldn’t be a starter. Nope, he’s well aboard the ‘I was right and others were wrong’ train for any sort of sense to win through. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LF:D said:

Ahhhh so let’s just forget you were a complete cunt to him for years on here. Wrong about him constantly as a player, character & leader. Endless bullshit & belittling of him. 

#wrongvest #ipreferredjoeallenvest #illlovehendonowaswemightwinatrophyvest #hairyassvest #hesnotyourcaptainvest #ifkloppwantstobesuccessfulheneedstobinhendovest 

Don't think Stringy loves him.

Just acknowledges he's been playing very well.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, LF:D said:

He’s mine, I loved him first!  Blimey O’Reilly.

2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

He never did, that was my whole point.

Have you asked what people meant by ‘hiding’? Maybe it isn’t ‘didn’t touch the ball’. I always disagreed with the ‘hiding’ thing, but throwing up a stat about touches of a midfielder who would knock it to the CB all game... it doesn’t really prove anything. 

31 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Have you asked what people meant by ‘hiding’? Maybe it isn’t ‘didn’t touch the ball’. I always disagreed with the ‘hiding’ thing, but throwing up a stat about touches of a midfielder who would knock it to the CB all game... it doesn’t really prove anything. 

I assumed hiding is not showing up for the ball. That’s what hiding in football generally means. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I assumed hiding is not showing up for the ball. That’s what hiding in football generally means. 

Says who? It's not a well defined term. He doesn't and never has been one to hide behind the opposition player so he couldn't receive a pass. I'm fairly sure nobody is accusing him of that. They're saying he sits back in his safe pocket, without often running games, grabbing them by the balls, or anything of the sort. He has been accused of hiding at the back and tapping it around, not being brave enough to play forward balls that have some risk to them. I don't agree with these, other than him sitting back and tapping it around. He generally has done that a lot. Not because he is a coward or has no ability, though. 

He's been playing really well the last few games, putting himself about, making passes, making runs, looking like more of an all action midfielder, possibly helped by the fact we have Fabinho playing in that holding role and bossing games. Hendo's form has been reminding me of 2014 when he played well and we last almost won it. Remeber he missed crucial final games and felt at the time we missed his presence.

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Says who? It's not a well defined term. He doesn't and never has been one to hide behind the opposition player so he couldn't receive a pass. I'm fairly sure nobody is accusing him of that. They're saying he sits back in his safe pocket, without often running games, grabbing them by the balls, or anything of the sort. He has been accused of hiding at the back and tapping it around, not being brave enough to play forward balls that have some risk to them. I don't agree with these, other than him sitting back and tapping it around. He generally has done that a lot. Not because he is a coward or has no ability, though. 

I gave them reasons as to what I think Hendo doesn’t ‘hide’. Being risk-averse isn’t the same as hiding. Probably he had to be more conservative because it wasn’t his natural role. @Elite @TheHowieLama could maybe clarify what the meant by “hiding”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

As a defensive midfielder whose job it was to keep possession,keep things as simple as possible and allow others to be creative its difficult to 'grab the game by the scruff of the neck' and dictate play as Henderson was being asked to do by his critics on here at the time. I still think he was doing well and often cite that the problem was more to do with the balance of the midfield than the ability and performances of those players. Fabinho's form and Keita's improvement along with Wijnaldum's most consistent season have allowed us to adjust that balance and that has allowed all the midfielders,including Henderson to flourish. I would also add that he looks much fitter than he was a few months back so maybe his exclusions have helped previous injury problems too? I don't think his recent form is down to any one thing but a number of factors and a more eye catching forward role is one of them.

8 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It’s fucking weird how Joe Cole’s biggest fan is now saying people were ‘wrong’ to evaluate Henderson’s contribution as average or poor before his recent and evident upturn in form that has come about from playing a different role. To him, it seems to be that Henderson playing well now means that history is changed and his lack of contribution and loss of his spot in the team didn’t happen. Very strange behaviour. It doesn’t even seem to matter that he said just a week or so ago that Hendo shouldn’t be a starter. Nope, he’s well aboard the ‘I was right and others were wrong’ train for any sort of sense to win through. 

But he was right and you were wrong. Deal with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)