You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

• 3 weeks later...

Can’t believe he hasn’t had a bump since the other night.  He kick started it all with that driving run.  Tears in his eyes as he was doing the professional thing speaking to BT while the rest of the boys were singing with the Kop.  He’s had his ups and downs but he can write himself into history in the next few weeks.

• Upvote 2

He'll never get the recognition from part of the fan base. Even after the magnificent performances he has put in of late, there's only grudging comments about him doing well.

The only thing missing from Hendo's game is being a regular goal scorer. Even if he started banging in goals, people are set in their minds he's not a 'Liverpool player.' The guy next to me in the SKD Upper keeps saying it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

He'll never get the recognition from part of the fan base. Even after the magnificent performances he has put in of late, there's only grudging comments about him doing well.

The only thing missing from Hendo's game is being a regular goal scorer. Even if he started banging in goals, people are set in their minds he's not a 'Liverpool player.' The guy next to me in the SKD Upper keeps saying it.

Spot on.

He comes across as a great lad and a great captain both on and off the pitch. Was always on a hiding to nothing taking over from Gerrard. But where that pressure might've squashed someone else, he's grown into it.

I'm dead proud to have him as our captain, and will be absolutely delighted for him if he gets to lift a trophy for us in the coming weeks.

Very good lately, driving from midfield and causing troubles. It's only when he goes back, which he did a few games ago, that he reverts to being a bit average. In a more attacking role, he's doing very well. More importantly, you see how much it means to him. Can't help but love the way he reacts to goals and wins. I hope he gets to lift at least one of the two major trophies that could come from the next two matches. 

• Upvote 1

Is written this reply a couple of days ago and wondered why it wasn’t showing. Turns out I didn’t post it but it’s still sat here ready to go...

I’ve said on many occasions that he’s not good enough, that he’s too negative, that he lacks bottle, and that he takes the easy way out.

do you know what, he’s been so good in the last few months I’ve changed my mind.

he was outstanding against Barca on Tuesday. 

He clearly can be the excellent player he has he has been lately. He clearly can play progressive, decisive forward passes, and he clearly can show the level of responsibility I want from a starting centre midfielder wearing the armband.

that doesn’t mean it’s not true that there been hundreds of times he hasn’t done those things, but lately he’s been absolutely terrific, so all credit to him.

What you need from a captain depends on the situation.

If you have a group of players like ManU seems to have now, you need a strong character, a Souness-like man. Jordan isn’t alpha male enough to do that. He’s a much too decent man for that.

If you have a group of players where team spirit is good and everybody seems to pull in the same direction Jordan’s the perfect captain. He leads by example and shows the other lads only 100% commitment is enough.

Keep him as captain! He’s partly responsible for that excellent togetherness we have at the club now.

On 09/05/2019 at 16:41, dockers_strike said:

10 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Very good lately, driving from midfield and causing troubles. It's only when he goes back, which he did a few games ago, that he reverts to being a bit average. In a more attacking role, he's doing very well. More importantly, you see how much it means to him. Can't help but love the way he reacts to goals and wins. I hope he gets to lift at least one of the two major trophies that could come from the next two matches. 

9 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Is written this reply a couple of days ago and wondered why it wasn’t showing. Turns out I didn’t post it but it’s still sat here ready to go...

I’ve said on many occasions that he’s not good enough, that he’s too negative, that he lacks bottle, and that he takes the easy way out.

do you know what, he’s been so good in the last few months I’ve changed my mind.

he was outstanding against Barca on Tuesday. 

He clearly can be the excellent player he has he has been lately. He clearly can play progressive, decisive forward passes, and he clearly can show the level of responsibility I want from a starting centre midfielder wearing the armband.

that doesn’t mean it’s not true that there been hundreds of times he hasn’t done those things, but lately he’s been absolutely terrific, so all credit to him.

8 hours ago, magicrat said:

From zero to hero in a few weeks.  Footie fans eh .

8 hours ago, TK421 said:

Lately schmately. 

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)