You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its quite sad that nobody acknowledges a good performance from the lad,especially as he really appreciates the position he is in as a professional footballer and captain of Liverpool fc. Its like we have blues on here who fume when he plays well because they seem terrified that they might lose an internet argument. He is a good player and grossly underrated by
 most people who don't really matter. At least Jurgen Klopp can see his value.

Grossly overrated by some Liverpool fans who I suppose do matter. Fuck all sad about it brother. The manager sees it as you say. That’s why he dragged him off on Sunday and benched him last night. Can we expect a couple of decent games on the spin. It would be a start I suppose. Good squad player at best. Klopp knows

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, corro said:

Grossly overrated by some Liverpool fans who I suppose do matter. Fuck all sad about it brother. The manager sees it as you say. That’s why he dragged him off on Sunday and benched him last night. Can we expect a couple of decent games on the spin. It would be a start I suppose. Good squad player at best. Klopp knows

A squad player? He plays a hell of a lot of games for a squad player and is regarded highly enough to captain an excellent team. He's an integral part of the first team and rarely has a bad game. He's unspectacular but steady and thats welcome in a team with a good few top class performers.

19 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

A squad player? He plays a hell of a lot of games for a squad player and is regarded highly enough to captain an excellent team. He's an integral part of the first team and rarely has a bad game. He's unspectacular but steady and thats welcome in a team with a good few top class performers.

He isn't. Which is why he doesn't start every game.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

He isn't. Which is why he doesn't start every game.

I disagree. He doesn't start every game,not many actually do,because his fitness levels are far below what they need to be to start many games. Careful management has allowed him to play as much as he has.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yeah mate a squad player. Nothing more. Klopps belief in the collective allows him the captaincy. He’s integral to the squad. That’s it. His aggressive celebrations last night indicate a man looking for any redemption after a series of piss poor showings. Queer how 1 goal in 100 appearances would bring that on

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don’t think his celebrations were aimed at the fans. This line that ‘fans have been cunts to him’ is just nonsense. He was celebrating, that’s all, he wants to win the league, that’s clear. 

He was just happy to score, poor cunt can't even do that without getting criticised.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don’t think his celebrations were aimed at the fans. This line that ‘fans have been cunts to him’ is just nonsense. He was celebrating, that’s all, he wants to win the league, that’s clear. 

Not nonsense.  The title of this thread, for example, left a lot to be desired before it was changed.

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

No axe to grind here as I like Hendo and feel he is a valuable squad member , but the cupped ear is only used as a ‘ That’s shut you up hasn’t it ? ‘ and from tv it appeared he was facing our fans when he did it quite deliberately it seemed.

Well to be fair, there are some right moaning twats in our end, so maybe they deserve a shut the fuck up?  

At the end of the day, Klopp rates him(to a fault at times with all the players) and I guess thats all that matters. He'll still be captain next season as well and many will be up in arms about that. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I am with you on most of that CB , but I’m not sure it was the cleverest course of action for our captain.

I'm with you on that, but you'd think with 5 games to go we'd all be behind everyone and leave those agenda's behind as we need everyone pushing together. Example being some moaning cunts on Friday having a go at Allison for passing the ball across the box, yes it puts the shits up all of us, but we've been doing it all season, its pointless now, get behind them. Some fans seem to pick and moan for picking and moanings sake. 

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

Not nonsense.  The title of this thread, for example, left a lot to be desired before it was changed.

He's not consistent enough, and if he's not consistent enough he's not good enough. He's a fair squad player, nothing more nothing less.

As for the previous thread title, it was from Dennis  the tooth on one of his better days.

• Upvote 1

If the ‘ cupped ears ‘ gesture was at our fans then he was wrong to do it, especially as our captain. He gets stick, a lot of it undeserved but cupping your ear at your own fans ( if he did ) after your first goal in sixty odd games is not the best course of action. No coincidence the only time he has looked really great was in the attacking mid role last time we nearly won the title.

Even his most diehard fans on here surely understand his limitations as well as his strengths. When deeper he lacks confidence on the ball and is poor when receiving the ball facing his own goal. His confidence comes with the more advanced role, frees him up, his energy is great and with protection behind he can pass a ball well and get in the area late to score goals.

5 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

If the ‘ cupped ears ‘ gesture was at our fans then he was wrong to do it, especially as our captain. He gets stick, a lot of it undeserved but cupping your ear at your own fans ( if he did ) after your first goal in sixty odd games is not the best course of action. No coincidence the only time he has looked really great was in the attacking mid role last time we nearly won the title.

It was definitely aimed at the fans.  I'm hoping he'll play again in a more advanced role, score another, moon the Kop, do a little poo in a paper cup and put it through stringvest's door.   This having a go at the fans thing has legs.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)