You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

He is a shithouse coward of the highest order. I can't believe what Klopp sees in him. The Ardja brigade will be out defending him soon. Fucking shithouse of a captain and as a player. Think he's actually regressed since joining. He is probably a nice guy and does alot of running in training, but as a footballer at this level he can fuck right out of the club and go back to Sunderland. Did I say shithouse ?, he makes me puke. Fucking nivea poster boy joke.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

He is a shithouse coward of the highest order. I can't believe what Klopp sees in him. The Ardja brigade will be out defending him soon. Fucking shithouse of a captain and as a player. Think he's actually regressed since joining. He is probably a nice guy and does alot of running in training, but as a footballer at this level he can fuck right out of the club and go back to Sunderland. Did I say shithouse ?, he makes me puke. Fucking nivea poster boy joke.

Do you really think he's as good as that?

26 minutes ago, stringvest said:

he may be fantastic in the dressing room and monging in front of the cameras at a children's hospital, but he's fucking useless on the pitch.  He wins joint least inspirational captain with that twat off the Costa Concordia. 

Captain Mainwaring was more competent. 

Referee about to book Joe Gomes and asks for his name, Captain Horatio Henderson bounds forward an says, “ don’t tell him Gomes “

Stupid boy!

15 minutes ago, aRdja said:

There were a couple of times he actually wriggled out of tight spaces with the ball, and caught by by total surprise.. like normally he doesn’t even attempt it.

Well, that's great and all but it didn't help us win. 

Keita, Shaqiri, Fabinho. Two of those three at least if not all three should be starting, he is too afraid to do it because we’re right up there in the league in my opinion. But it is killing us in Europe.

Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum. Only one in our starting three in my opinion, probably Wijnaldum, certainly at home.

The decision not to play Fabinho last night was baffling given his history in the French league. Again In my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Not all on him, this.  I presume that he doesn't pick the team.

Either way, he's suspended on Sunday so Keita will most likely step in. Time for him to start producing.

He's the Captain. It is ALL on him. Same as it was for Souness, Gerrard and all the other GREAT Captains who accepted the responsibility to represent the club as a player and as a Captain. 

If he doesn't want that responsibility, give up the armband. 

17 minutes ago, aRdja said:

No, no... of course not. It wasn’t really meant to be a compliment. Feel free to continue with the berating.

I'm not berating you, I'm berating the illustrious Captain who should be the Standard Bearer and Leader of Men. If the best he can do is wriggle out of tight spaces then there is something seriously wrong with this Standard Bearer. 

12 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

He's the Captain. It is ALL on him. Same as it was for Souness, Gerrard and all the other GREAT Captains who accepted the responsibility to represent the club as a player and as a Captain. 

If he doesn't want that responsibility, give up the armband. 

You're missing my point a bit. The manager picks him and gives him the captain's armband. Surely he bears some responsibility here too?

He wasn't among our worse players last night. Milner, Gini, Bobby and Mo every bit as bad. Even Robbo was shit.

His days of being a starter should be consigned to the past, himself and Gini should share games against the shite, Gini for the home games and Jordan for the aways.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

You're missing my point a bit. The manager picks him and gives him the captain's armband. Surely he bears some responsibility here too?

I see that point but does a player have to accept being the Captain? Surely they can turn it down or pass it on? 

12 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I see that point but does a player have to accept being the Captain? Surely they can turn it down or pass it on? 

I think most would agree it needs to be passed onto a certain Dutch defender. Only one man can do that though. 

I feel like a bit of a dick kicking him further when he’s already down, but maybe the most irritating thing for me was that he wasn’t in the referee’s face from the off last night when it was clear what PSG’s approach was. Things like that matter but it’s not his personality. I think he’s a useful player sometimes, but he just doesn’t have the gravitas that VVD would have in the captain’s role.

Just do it Jurgen. 

On 11/25/2018 at 7:54 PM, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

It’s a stuck record day after day.

Awful breakfasts and trainers won’t go away.

Continuos contrarian master at the craft.

When really it’s all just a little bit daft.

Must try arDja.

Give arDja his due credit. He’s spent most of his life savings buying overpriced London breakfasts so he can review them for us. He deserves some acknowledgement. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Was it Gerrard's fault every time we got beat in Europe?

Of course not - but did Gerrard have a long line of beige, nothing performances behind him.

Gerrard led by example, led the team win or lose and showed the balls required for the job.

Henderson is invisible as a leader, largely mediocre as a footballer and has nowhere near the kind of credit in the bank that Stevie had when he did throw in a bad performance.

• Upvote 3

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)