You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Agree he was excellent last night

So where Milner and Gini to be fair. That sort of game suits them. 

My only issue is i wish he would take some shots on from range, its the one thing we really lack from the midfield and i notice it most with Hendo. He gets in good spots round the edge of the box but far to often looks for the pass wide when he has the chance of just taking the shot on. Since Gerrard was in his pomp we have only really had Coutinho that would look to take stuff on from 25/30 yards and its needed to stop teams camping too deep

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He was okay, this team is leaving him more and more behind in the quality stakes though. He's busy but he's not often in the right place at the right time for my money. 

I urge you to watch it back. He was superb last night. I agree with the general point. But there’s no way I’m having ‘he was okay’ against PSG. He was excellent. 

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

He was okay, this team is leaving him more and more behind in the quality stakes though. He's busy but he's not often in the right place at the right time for my money. 

Is right. I think the praise is a bit over enthusiastic today. We won but for most the match it was 10 v 7 yesterday, even Henderson can't fail to look good in that scenario.

You can see Hendo doesn't have the pace he once had and you often wonder if he is still carrying that heel injury that plagued him for years but he makes our midfield more balanced and does a lot of the less spectacular stuff very well and allows our front players to flourish. He's become our new Lucas Leiva with better technique and fewer silly fouls. Him and Milner can play well together if Wijnaldum or whoever is the third midfielder does a lot of graft to get the ball back and support the strikers. Wijnaldum has done this well himself too.

Note earlier in the thread on his wide distribution is a good one. He played some lovely 20 yard, progressive passes last night — much missing from his typical game. The squad at the moment is an absolute case study in how adding a few quality individuals pushes the whole collective to aim for more.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)