You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Even if Henderson did lose the captaincy, it wouldn't exactly be a bad thing for him or us. It would hopefully give him the motivation to say 'I'll prove you wrong' and take his game to the next level. I think he's got it in him to do it too.

I think he's underrated by a lot of our fans. He should be one of the star men in Klopp's side. He's never going to be world class but there's a hell of a lot more to him than running around.

• Upvote 1

Klopp should be given special permission to kill all our shit palyers. Henderson's got no balls, be amazed if he's still here this time next year. I'll be honest, there's nobody in the squad I'd be sorry to see go.

That's because the squad is so lacking in quality it's frightening.

I'd be sad to see Coutinho go, I must admit.

That's because the squad is so lacking in quality it's frightening.

I'd be sad to see Coutinho go, I must admit.

He's alright Coutinho but I think he looks more indispensable than he is due to the dearth of quality around him. The lad blows more hot and cold than a fat barmaid with a pretty face.

• Upvote 2

Yes I don't think Coutinho is going to be easily replaced should we have to. The committee, who so far seem to still be here, haven't delivered anyone approaching Coutinho's quality since.

I don't think the squad is bad in the sense that it appears at worst to be the fifth best in the league on paper. The problem is that it seems poor compared to all the squads of the big four and we've already spent so much to get to this point. I can't see a scenario where a quality manager won't want major investment and a large amount of rubbish shifted if they're to be judged on top four finishes.

I think a decent manager could add one or two quality players - preferably in midfield - and get this side / squad looking far better.

We've allowed the midfield to stagnate whilst stockpiling AMs and CBs. Slot someone like Gundogan into this side and those around him would be free to focus on what they're supposed to be doing, rather than covering the hole where our midfield should be.

• Upvote 1

He's alright Coutinho but I think he looks more indispensable than he is due to the dearth of quality around him. The lad blows more hot and cold than a fat barmaid with a pretty face.

You could be right. Then again, he might look better with quality players around him making runs.

I just love the little fucker to bits, he makes me purr when he's on song.

• Upvote 1

Problem with our midfield is that Hendo and Milner are pulling in £250k a week between them. No way are we shifting either of those two easily and I don't think the board are going to want our club captain and 'big' summer signing sitting in the reserves. Best get Milner on the wing I think and let Can/Hendo compete for a place next to Lucas.  

I'd sooner see us sign a quality goalie in Jan and look at bringing in a top defender and dm in the summer when we'll have the money to make a difference. A strong German spine is what this team needs with the high energy technical players hovering around it.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)