You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You, in order to counter one point, decided to diminish the contribution of the likes of Van Dijk, Salah, Mane and Firmino in order to stick up for a player you have lost all objectivity about. 

Guess when you can't debate, just making stuff up. Haha

They all made huge contributions, so did others - including Henderson, don't say things I didn't say! #subpar 

Not right for the club?  Have you watched the last three games? Jesus Christ! 

#BringBackJoeAllen 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

When Hendo played as the holding midfielder all of his detractors would use the lack of assists/goals as a stick to beat him with.  You would regularly see people criticise him for this.  Somehow I don't think they will use the same argument now that Fabinho is playing there. 

Fabinho shows a lot of forward play from deep. He shows how that role should be played, at least in style if not always in execution. Don't you see the difference in the approach the two players have in that role? 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

And you think that's what you're doing by saying HE got us to the CL final and HE got us to the top of the table, do you? Judging him fairly? 

Feel free to bump my Allen posts. I liked Allen. I like Sahin too. Then for each of those ones, I'm sure you'll be bumping the other 20 that I called right. Because, you know, you're all about fair judgement. Right? 

He yes, he did - along with the rest of the team at the time.  He was a cog in a brilliant team. #subpar 

Oh god, Sahin - please stop you're killing me here! HAHA!

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Fabinho shows a lot of forward play from deep. He shows how that role should be played, at least in style if not always in execution. Don't you see the difference in the approach the two players have in that role? 

I don't think there's a massive difference, no.  Hendo would play forward passes from that role too, but he'd also play percentage stuff when required because the role demands that the risk of giving away possession is minimised at all times.  

The biggest difference I notice between the two is how often Fabinho wins tackles he has no right to win.  He has those telescopic legs which just stretch out and nick the ball when the odds look against him.   That's a great asset to have when playing as the deepest midfielder.  

Just now, LF:D said:

Guess when you can't debate, just making stuff up. Haha

They all made huge contributions, so did others - including Henderson, don't say things I didn't say! #subpar 

Not right for the club?  Have you watched the last three games? Jesus Christ! 

#BringBackJoeAllen 

What have I made up? I'm saying that you calling he got us there diminishes the contribution of those who actually got us there. Are you being deliberately obtuse? 

Not right for the club? Huh? Yes. I have watched, and praised, his performances in the last three games. Perhaps you want to focus on what I'm saying instead of what you think I said. 

I remember you being a fan of Joe Allen. Bit weird you're using it to - somehow - try to have a go at me regarding Henderson. Are you trying to make a point, because if you are it's sadly flailing. 

3 minutes ago, LF:D said:

He yes, he did - along with the rest of the team at the time.  He was a cog in a brilliant team. #subpar 

Oh god, Sahin - please stop you're killing me here! HAHA!

What's with your use of hashtags. You understand that 1) I didn't say he was subpar 2) this isn't twitter. All this 'haha' and hashtag bullshit makes you look pretty fucking ridiculous. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I will agree with you here.  I really like Fabinho.

I don't think he's been quite as good as the plaudits he has been getting.  Made plenty of mistakes, which if it was Henderson he'd have been slated for.

However, you're right, Fabinho's style of level at his best in the 6 role is better than Henderson for me.

Saying that, Gini is a brilliant 6, I think he could really compete for that role in the future.  It's where I'm hoping he is used more.

8 minutes ago, TK421 said:

When Hendo played as the holding midfielder all of his detractors would use the lack of assists/goals as a stick to beat him with.  You would regularly see people criticise him for this.  Somehow I don't think they will use the same argument now that Fabinho is playing there.  They will show more leniency. 

Nope -- he is far better, and more comfortable, in tight spaces, wins more on the deck and the air and has a better eye for playing forward from that position. That's why he supplanted Hendo in that role. But he has scored and assisted as well.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

What’s Joe Allen got to do with this now? Yeah Jordan Henderson is better than Joe Allen, but he’s not as good as peak Hamann, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Gary Mac. Why aren’t you bringing them up in this convo @LF:D?

He's got attributes better than a lot of those players, he's got many worse.

Those players, bar Gerrard weren't at the club while Henderson was.

I didn't bring up Joe Allen, someone else did.  But it was just a reminder of how some thought Wee Joe was better than Henderson & I argued fiercely at the time that it was complete bullshit. 

Guess what - It was!

Until Henderson was moved forward he had no goals or assists, he now has one goal and 2 assists and is doing a great job. Before Henderson moved position Fabinho had one goal and 2 assists. Holding players are expected to contribute going forward occasionally, Fabinho gets forward well. Henderson has been very good in the last few games, long may it continue. 

Fabinho took a while to settle and believe me was scrutinised on here and will continue to be. It’s the nature of a fan, we all have favourites and what some people see others don’t and vice versa. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LF:D said:

However, you're right, Fabinho's style of level at his best in the 6 role is better than Henderson for me.

Saying that, Gini is a brilliant 6, I think he could really compete for that role in the future.  It's where I'm hoping he is used more.

So we have two guys just in our side markedly better at the role - the worlds a big place

#subpar

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

What have I made up? I'm saying that you calling he got us there diminishes the contribution of those who actually got us there. Are you being deliberately obtuse? 

Not right for the club? Huh? Yes. I have watched, and praised, his performances in the last three games. Perhaps you want to focus on what I'm saying instead of what you think I said. 

I remember you being a fan of Joe Allen. Bit weird you're using it to - somehow - try to have a go at me regarding Henderson. Are you trying to make a point, because if you are it's sadly flailing. 

Jesus, he contributed to get us to the final, it's not rocket science, you then tried to twist the discussion probably because you know Henderson is doing well & need to try to belittle him somehow.

Cool, so just probably our best player the last three games in his new role, but he's not right for the club.  No bias there at all is there.

I was never a big Joe Allen fan really.  Very critical of him on here, especially towards the end.

On 03/02/2015 at 11:14, Guest LFD said:

Fuck off Stringvest.

Henderson got written off by the majority of our fans in his first season.  I said he had the tools be be quality for us and I was proven right.

So shove your snide dig up your old hairy arse.

To be fair, LFD has been banging this drum for some time. That post is four years and three flounces old. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)