You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

18 minutes ago, The Guest said:

There were bad decisions all over the show.  Why Robertson made the foul in the build up to the goal was baffling.  He was already held up by Gini and not getting anywhere.  He just panicked when there was no need.  Van Dijk got caught ball watching but the guy is basically the reason we’ve got the defensive record we have so he should get a pass in anyone’s eyes.

Firmino was absolute trash all game and Shaqiri wasn’t much better.  The

subs basically killed the game though because they were even worse.  I know Sturridge scored some big goals earlier in the season but I’d honestly stop bringing him on he’s that bad.  He offers nothing other than potshots from 30 yards and disrupts any pressure being applied.  Henderson was the constant throughout though.  When he wasn’t hiding from Matip he was refusing to go down the line and stay wide.  It should put to bed any of those laughable shouts that he’s better at right back than anywhere else.  He was defensively as bad as Trent if not worse. 

The other subs were poor, but I think Fabinho (predictably) improved things when he came on.

Now we face an awful lot of pressure on Monday - a gap almost certainly reduced to two points (with Spurs only four behind) and a threadbare squad playing against a strong West Ham team who’ve lost a few away games, fired up and looking to end that streak in front of their own fans. God help us if Matip and Henderson make up half of the defence in that one.

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

The other subs were poor, but I think Fabinho (predictably) improved things when he came on.

Now we face an awful lot of pressure on Monday - a gap almost certainly reduced to two points (with Spurs only four behind) and a threadbare squad playing against a strong West Ham team who’ve lost a few away games, fired up and looking to end that streak in front of their own fans. God help us if Matip and Henderson make up half of the defence in that one.

Aren't you a ray of fuckin' sunshine. 

2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Did you go to the University of Stating The Bleeding Obvious?

See you after the match on the thread. Stay positive mate. You are our ray of sunshine. You and CS. The Sunshine Boys.

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Did you go to the University of Stating The Bleeding Obvious?

See you after the match on the thread. Stay positive mate. You are our ray of sunshine. You and CS. The Sunshine Boys.

Very apt username. All the enthusiasm and outlook of a guy who is lost at sea and is actually in the process of drowning. 

4 hours ago, The Guest said:

There were bad decisions all over the show.  Why Robertson made the foul in the build up to the goal was baffling.  He was already held up by Gini and not getting anywhere.  He just panicked when there was no need.  Van Dijk got caught ball watching but the guy is basically the reason we’ve got the defensive record we have so he should get a pass in anyone’s eyes.

Firmino was absolute trash all game and Shaqiri wasn’t much better.  The

subs basically killed the game though because they were even worse.  I know Sturridge scored some big goals earlier in the season but I’d honestly stop bringing him on he’s that bad.  He offers nothing other than potshots from 30 yards and disrupts any pressure being applied.  Henderson was the constant throughout though.  When he wasn’t hiding from Matip he was refusing to go down the line and stay wide.  It should put to bed any of those laughable shouts that he’s better at right back than anywhere else.  He was defensively as bad as Trent if not worse. 

Other than the goal he created our 2 best scoring opportunities that took boss saves off the keeper. His workrate was exceptional and his block to stop them scoring was outstanding. God some people don't half chat some shite. Did you even watch it? 

No-one came out of it with much credit at all to be honest but to say Firming was absolute trash is a piss-take. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, El Rojo said:

He's been good in midfield recently. Stepped into an unfamiliar position and did okay, I thought.

Little enough talk about Van Dijk switching off for their goal, Alisson's sloppiness, Firmino's anonymity or Lallana's Lallananess today. Confirmation bias is a funny thing.

At what? 

Midwifery stuff maybe. 

Look I like Henderson, he can do a good job in the middle but for me he doesn't start in our best 11. The captain should have been roaring us on last night even from right back. All he did was clash with Chillwell and put on that snarl which is about as scary as a snarl off Peppa Pig. 

6 hours ago, El Rojo said:

He's been good in midfield recently. Stepped into an unfamiliar position and did okay, I thought.

Little enough talk about Van Dijk switching off for their goal, Alisson's sloppiness, Firmino's anonymity or Lallana's Lallananess today. Confirmation bias is a funny thing.

Well maybe those players weren’t better than Henderson last night. And maybe the same thing happened in October or whatever. The point is that in the mean time Alisson, Van Dijk and Salah has put in a high number of match winning displays, and match deciding moments. Whereas Hendersons best games is the ones he «is doing ok» or «isn’t any worse than a couple of his team mates». To have that as your peak level simply isn’t good enough.

I think he would be a better asset to us if we gave Van Dijk the armband. Not midway through the season like but in the summer.

Ive just thought though, IF we do win the league. The image of Henderson lifting the title will be forever and ever etched in our heads and hearts. Fuck it, I love you Jordan lad twat em. kick em. 

3 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Well maybe those players weren’t better than Henderson last night. And maybe the same thing happened in October or whatever. The point is that in the mean time Alisson, Van Dijk and Salah has put in a high number of match winning displays, and match deciding moments. Whereas Hendersons best games is the ones he «is doing ok» or «isn’t any worse than a couple of his team mates». To have that as your peak level simply isn’t good enough.

Hendo has really good games for us, too.  You just don't want to see it because you hate his guts.

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Other than the goal he created our 2 best scoring opportunities that took boss saves off the keeper. His workrate was exceptional and his block to stop them scoring was outstanding. God some people don't half chat some shite. Did you even watch it? 

No-one came out of it with much credit at all to be honest but to say Firming was absolute trash is a piss-take. 

They weren’t boss saves.  The build up to both shots was brilliant though from him.  Other than those specific incidents he was dreadful.  He kept giving the ball away, coming too deep and having no impact on the game.  He was hampering the attack.  It’s almost definitely down to not playing up front in a 3.  It’s why he got taken off although I’d rather have a misfiring ineffective Firmino performance in the hope he pulls off one of those sublime bits of skill instead of gambling on what level of garbage Sturridge is going to serve up.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)