You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

19 minutes ago, LF:D said:

My MOTM today.

Calm, vocal, brilliant at recovering possession, good use of the ball, loads of energy - a real captains performance.

Well played Jordan! 

Have you forgotten that you've forgotten that you don't come on her much any more?

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Credit where it's due but Henderson is never a worry against low quality sides, it's against the top ones that he's completely outgunned. It's not his fault, it's just top trumps.

Yet he was one of our best players vs City...

Don't agree with this at all.

I feel eventually the side will outgrow Henderson.  As it will Milner, has Clyne & others.

See no evidence of it happening yet.  Once Keita & Fabinho fully adapt then he might look a weak link.

53 minutes ago, LF:D said:

Yet he was one of our best players vs City...

Don't agree with this at all.

I feel eventually the side will outgrow Henderson.  As it will Milner, has Clyne & others.

See no evidence of it happening yet.  Once Keita & Fabinho fully adapt then he might look a weak link.

No he wasn’t. He went missing during that game. As is the norm in major games. You’re right about him being squeezed out. 

Robinson said that the players get it off their chests In the changies after each game. He says it’s good for team spirit.

I wonder  what Milner said to sideways bob after that phoney pass he fed him today. Complete fucking karzi.

• Downvote 1

Best game the lad's played in some time imo. Looked much better going forward, much more progressive with his passing and his pressing was excellent. Once again, Henderson certainly seems to benefit from Fabinho's presence in the side, frees him up to get forward a bit more.

He definitely seems to have lost a yard or two of pace though, when Zaha was tormenting Milner in the 2nd half Henderson offered very little protection, whether his legs had gone or his tactical awareness had again been found out, defensively Zaha had him and Milner on toast.

And probably best not to mention the hospital ball he fed to Milner which was directly responsible for the red card.

Regardless, much improved and he needs to build upon this performance.

• Upvote 2

The so-called "hospital ball" looked like it was meant for Firmino to me, who maybe had a shout from Milner.  You have to be eagle-eyed to spot these things, though, and need to be able to watch the action without a heavy prejudice against our wonderful, seven points clear, champions elect Captain.  

54 minutes ago, TK421 said:

The so-called "hospital ball" looked like it was meant for Firmino to me, who maybe had a shout from Milner.  You have to be eagle-eyed to spot these things, though, and need to be able to watch the action without a heavy prejudice against our wonderful, seven points clear, champions elect Captain.  

I missed the sending off when it happened and the read about Henderson’s pass, but when I saw MOTD last night I thought the same that it was meant for firmino.

11 hours ago, corro said:

I wonder  what Milner said to sideways bob after that phoney pass he fed him today. Complete fucking karzi.

Try watching it again, and this is the really hard part for people like you, but try watching that pass without Hendo-hating spectacles on.  It is most likely intended for Firmino, who could have easily taken a touch to control the ball if he wanted to, but he let it run for Milner (perhaps after getting a shout).  Firmino even turns around and looks slightly apologetic when he sees what happens next.  

4 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I missed the sending off when it happened and the read about Henderson’s pass, but when I saw MOTD last night I thought the same that it was meant for firmino.

Yeah not in doubt for me, Bob.  

Also, Zaha was going nowhere really so there was no need to dive in.  He was running towards his own half.  I suppose it was Hendo's fault when Milner dived in for his first yellow.  To blame that sending off on Hendo, it really does reveal a deep lying prejudice against our wonderful Captain.  

6 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

If it was meant for Firmino and not Milner it was an even worse pass, too strong and in front of him rather than to his feet. But he did play well up until that point and he has played some good games this season. If he skippers this team to the title, fair play to him.

35 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

If it was meant for Firmino and not Milner it was an even worse pass, too strong and in front of him rather than to his feet. But he did play well up until that point and he has played some good games this season. If he skippers this team to the title, fair play to him.

Yep, terrible pass either way, and he sold himself out a little in the press they got out of for the first goal I thought, but he definitely played well overall.

50 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Probably only appreciated by his manager and teammates while the real experts on the internet don't rate him at all. Bizarre.

His performances have been very mixed. For example, he's been immense in some of our big European home games over the last year. Then there's a game like City away a couple of weeks back where he just won't take on any responsibility. He's been really good in the two league games since then. We need the same again against Leicester. Maybe himself and Klopp have had words?

9 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

His performances have been very mixed. For example, he's been immense in some of our big European home games over the last year. Then there's a game like City away a couple of weeks back where he just won't take on any responsibility. He's been really good in the two league games since then. We need the same again against Leicester. Maybe himself and Klopp have had words?

I thought he was decent against City but even when others have below par games it's Henderson who gets singled out for criticism. The problem v City is the team selection when Fabinho should have started while an unfit Milner shouldn't have. Klopp got that one wrong,not Henderson.

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Agree on Fabinho. Himself and Wijnaldum pretty much pick themselves when fit now.

Yeah. There's a place in that midfield for an attacking midfielder but Keita has been shite and Shaq is more of a squad player imo than a regular starter.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)