You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

15 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Pogba's good. He's one of the most creative central midfielders in the world. The problem is he's lazy defensively and no one knows his best position so tactically he's an issue for his own manager and you need other players to do his donkey work.

His best position is and has always been on the left of a midfield three or midfield diamond. 

5 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

His best position is and has always been on the left of a midfield three or midfield diamond. 

France won the World Cup with him in a double pivot (4-2-3-1). Per Whoscored he has 4 goals and 2 assists in 4 games playing in a #10 role. 

Nothing is clear regarding what his best position is. That's part of the problem with him. There's always a debate about where he plays best, who should play next to him to get the best out of him, etc...

He's clearly a number 10 in the Gerrard / Lampard role. He hasn't got the brains or positional awareness to play defensive midfield roles. He's poor in possession. His passing is overrated because he plays some decent long passes. He plays very poor short passes that put his teammates in trouble. He doesn't track back when he losses the ball. Very poor positional discipline.

2 minutes ago, Boss said:

He's clearly a number 10 in the Gerrard / Lampard role. He hasn't got the brains or positional awareness to play defensive midfield roles. He's poor in possession. His passing is overrated because he plays some decent long passes. He plays very poor short passes that put his teammates in trouble. He doesn't track back when he losses the ball. Very poor positional discipline.

When did Lampard ever play the no 10 role? Mourinho played 4-3-3.

On 16/04/2019 at 13:20, TK421 said:

Nah, you're trying to change the narrative (neg me, Moanero, I beg you).  

Henderson has been ridiculed on this forum for years and now you're trying to say that most people don't have a view either way.  That's bollocks, I'm afraid.  You only have to read this thread to find many strong opinions.  I mean, you yourself said he shouldn't start games, isn't that good and should be stripped of the captaincy.  Hardly a vanilla opinion.

I've negged you for begging for a neg. I am a Hendo fan too.

People have had opinions on players for years, people like different players, people change their minds, people dislike a player more, people lie, people are people, the internet highlights it. What makes a man hate another man.

I have briefly seen TK bowl leg spin if I remember rightly it cannot have been that good. I know I said I would hit him out the ground every ball though, he may have improved, I may only do it every other ball now. Jar Jar Binks bowls a better wrong’un.

Sorry my Stormtrooping friend. Live long and prosper.

Just where the fuck has uniteds money gone actually.   Still the 3rd most expensive squad in the world and they're playing Lingaard,  Jones and McTomminey.   Even the likes of Rashford should be no more than an off the bench player at a top club. 

On 16/04/2019 at 19:01, corro said:

As consistent as your hero? V Spurs very sloppy, bit firmer since granted. What will we get tomorrow. Will he even start. What do you reckon.

On 16/04/2019 at 19:10, TK421 said:

I think we could see a shakeup in the midfield area against Porto.  If I was a betting man, which I'm not, I'd say Keita would be the one to make way and we'll see the return of either Milner or Wijnaldum in his place.  It's the hardest area of the team to predict because it gets rotated more than the other positions.   

I was half right.  My unconditional love for Hendo stopped me being fully correct.

8 hours ago, dave u said:

Paul Pogba is fucking shit, he's the biggest fraud in football. A preening, over-rated, vanishing when it matters most absolute turd of a player.

I'd rather have Hendo even on his absolute worst day.

I'm being 100% serious.

I can't imagine Klopp playing Pogba ahead of Henderson either 

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)