You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

26 minutes ago, Code said:

But most of these are not playing in similar positions, some of these are defensive midfielders and some of them are attackers and some are shite.

The guy pays £12.50 for some beans on toast sprinkled with chives.  His opinion must be treated with caution.

48 minutes ago, Code said:

But most of these are not playing in similar positions, some of these are defensive midfielders and some of them are attackers and some are shite.

I’d have them play the #8 role before Hendo is what I’m saying. 

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

To reinvigorate the debate, do we think Jordan is a bean muncher?

I don't think any of our players would be allowed to eat that shite.  Their diets are strictly monitored.  If one of them was eating beans on the sly it would show up on the biometrics tests and they'd be banished for being an affront to civilised breakfast standards. 

They have to wait until retirement and the golf course, like Jerzy, to pursue their hidden fetish for the forbidden orange bean. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, dave u said:

Paul Pogba is fucking shit, he's the biggest fraud in football. A preening, over-rated, vanishing when it matters most absolute turd of a player.

I'd rather have Hendo even on his absolute worst day.

I'm being 100% serious.

Pogba's one of those players who comes alive when his team are three-nil up, but goes missing when they're three-nil down.

31 minutes ago, dave u said:

Paul Pogba is fucking shit, he's the biggest fraud in football. A preening, over-rated, vanishing when it matters most absolute turd of a player.

I'd rather have Hendo even on his absolute worst day.

I'm being 100% serious.

I think he's a good player but he does appear to have some ego.  There is no I in Team America.

I just think he's shit. He's been shit virtually every time I've ever seen him play. Even in the world cup when everyone was creaming themselves over him, I just thought he was alright.

France have half a dozen players who are better than him but he's the one who gets all the hype, because of his stupid haircuts, FIFA rating and acting like a helmet on social media.

Fuck him, he's shit. I wouldn't take him over any of our midfield players, especially not Hendo.

I've joked about Zlatan being a complete fraud, but a lot of that is tongue in cheek. Same with Cavani and (to a lesser extent Higuain), but I'm 100% serious about Pogba being all hype and no substance.

I watched him try and play a 30 yard pass out to Martial last night, and it sailed 15 yards over his head into the stands. Isn't that what he's meant to be good at?

• Upvote 2

Just now, dave u said:

I just think he's shit. He's been shit virtually every time I've ever seen him play. Even in the world cup when everyone was creaming themselves over him, I just thought he was alright.

France have half a dozen players who are better than him but he's the one who gets all the hype, because of his stupid haircuts, FIFA rating and acting like a helmet on social media.

Fuck him, he's shit. I wouldn't take him over any of our midfield players, especially not Hendo.

He produced some good stuff following the Mourinho/Solskjaer switcharoo.  His passing range from deep to set away Rashford et al is his best asset, and his timing of runs into the box.  Definitely not shit for me, but not a team player.  He's a product of the social media age. 

Just now, TK421 said:

He produced some good stuff following the Mourinho/Solskjaer switcharoo.  His passing range from deep to set away Rashford et al is his best asset, and his timing of runs into the box.  Definitely not shit for me, but not a team player.  He's a product of the social media age. 

Agree with the last sentence.

As for the rest of it, I'd expect any top flight midfielder to be able to play some good passes from time to time. I've seen Pogba play some great passes and produce some great shots.

I've seen Ross Barkley do it too, and he's shite as well.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dave u said:

Agree with the last sentence.

As for the rest of it, I'd expect any top flight midfielder to be able to play some good passes from time to time. I've seen Pogba play some great passes and produce some great shots.

I've seen Ross Barkley do it too, and he's shite as well.

I think he's suffering due to poor leadership at Man Utd.  They're all over the place with their managers. 

Conversely, there's also too much player power at that club and Pogba is definitely part of that.  Long may it continue.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)