You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

I think having Gomez back to provide our right hand side with added defensive stability and increased pace, it will free Henderson even more as Gomez will be able to cover Trent too. Matip, although playing well for him, is too deep sometimes and when he does push up, is exposed over the top by pace. 

All bodes well that we have options at this critical time of the season

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Neither am I mate - Fabinho is markedly better there and Gini was preferred by the gaffer as well.

Pleased for Hendo as he is a good fella.

I'm not saying you are, but some obviously are.

In recent games he’s brought the balance in midfield we’ve often cried out for this season. To have a midfielder in those positions in the box, able to get ahead of the strikers and with excellent distribution has been just the ticket, especially with his desire and intensity raising the tempo.

Seems like a cracking lad, a great club captain and instrumental to the spirit and attitude among the squad Klopp has improved so much, so made up for him.

Just really timely for him and for the team. If he can finish the season in this form our chances of winning either or both competitions only increases.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You convinced him that I’m in the same boat as Stringvest when really I have no strong feelings either way and am happy and have been praising him recently. Crying into my Cheerios indeed. 

I admit it was a ridiculous post from LFD.  I mean, Cheerios?  There's no way stringvest eats those.  He would have a big bowl of Miserios.   Packed full of fibre, because you need it at his age.

31 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Can’t believe the amount of ‘heat’ Hendo is generating. He’s a decent, consistent 6-7/10 player. People (from both sides) just need to accept that and stop trying to prove people wrong. 

May as well shut down the forum then.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Do you still think Ramsey's better than him?

Good question.

I think Ramsey has more natural ability, is better technically and more aesthetically pleasing with a football at his feet.  He carries more creativity and is more of a goal threat, I'd say.  Witness the recent North London derby where Ramsey scored a great goal.  That's not something I'd expect from Hendo.

However, Ramsey is not as durable as Hendo and doesn't have the same fitness levels or stamina.  So they have a different skill set.  You're unlikely to see Ramsey play as a holding midfielder very often, or at right back.  But overall, I think Ramsey is a better player if we're talking about natural/technical ability. 

• Upvote 2

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)