You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

1 hour ago, soapytitwank said:

He's gone from ready salted to salt and vinegar. If he keeps this up, he'll be flaming hot monster munch.

I'm not convinced that salt and vinegar to flaming hot monster munch is that big a jump. But salt and vinegar to bacon frazzles...

2 hours ago, Baltar said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - we lost out on the title in 2014 because Henderson was banned for the final 3 games. His form towards the end of that season was superb, and he's beginning to play to that level again. Keep it up, lad.

We went from having a diamond with Coutinho and Hendo at the sides to wee Joe and Lucas at the sides. Sturridge was injured for the Chelsea game so Coutinho went to the 10 position. With that we lost a lot of energy and quality ahead of Stevie. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/04/2019 at 22:24, TK421 said:

I liked it.

More like that one please, @LF:D

I don't think the members on here could cope after Henderson dropping another masterclass yesterday.

They're hurt - but our captain loves shutting them up.

Love it! #mycaptain 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 10/04/2019 at 22:47, ZonkoVille77 said:

There are 2 opposing opinions held by people on Hendo:

1 - Those that praise him when he performs well and call him out when he's a shithouse or goes missing. Or have seen much better players than him over the course of their lifetimes and have a valid comparison in their minds.

2 - Or those that think he never does a single thing wrong and he's one of the best midfielders we've have ever had, and best captain we've every had, and shouldn't ever be questioned and he's going to cure aids and be knows how to translate the Rosetta stone. And can give Chuck Norris a hiding. And isn't afraid of toilet paper, puppies and tulips. 

I fall into category 1.

Yeah. Category 1 for me too. Although I think there's a 3rd category of hatred. It's got just one person in it though. 

Its not really rocket science is it?

Henderson has been allowed to play higher up the pitch and he is doing what he's always done in this position, creating chances and getting into the box.

He's not playing any better or worse than usual, its just a different position that suits him better.

• Upvote 8

28 minutes ago, Code said:

He's not playing any better or worse than usual, its just a different position that suits him better.

Without digging into this too deeply if a position suits him better he is the same?

Cuz he seemed like 6.5-10 Hendo before -- now Fabinho seems like 7.5-10 in the same spot.

But Hendo now seems like 7.5-10.

So, he can't be the same, has to be better.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

In the moments after we win the league, as everyone else is celebrating, LFD will be busy bumping threads and settling scores.

Never change mate.

Posting it The Henderson topic isn’t exactly bumping up an old thread when he’s the current captain & bossing it. 

Stop chatting shite Babbs. Sounds like you’re gutted Hendo is doing well too. I’ll add you to the list! 

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Without digging into this too deeply if a position suits him better he is the same?

Cuz he seemed like 6.5-10 Hendo before -- now Fabinho seems like 7.5-10 in the same spot.

But Hendo now seems like 7.5-10.

So, he can't be the same, has to be better.

Depends what you want from him, personally I think he's been brilliant in the deeper role.

But I'm obviously not stupid enough to expect him to create much from that position or get into the box much, but thats not been his job either.

• Upvote 2

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)