You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

14 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

Henderson had a very good season that year we almost won it with Suarez. But we did ship a ton of goals that season right? Who was holding midfielder that year? Gerrard? 

I might be mixing seasons up. 

It was Lucas up until about January/February when we switched to Gerrard. 

That was the year when there was nothing wrong with our midfield. 

We will see on Sunday whether he keeps this going. It’s his inconsistency that lets him down. Especially away from home  I think he’ll play right side with Fab centre and wyn left. Let’s hope he’s all over that posing ponce Pogba from the off. 

1 hour ago, Chip Butty said:

Credit where credit is due, the lad had a very good game last night. Still not happy with him and Milner being paired together in mid-field if we have to go out and win a game, a game like this Sundays, but when he plays well, he's a great foil for the rest to build off. 

Exactly why he is selected and what Klopp asks him to do. Every good team needs a foil and Henderson is that player in ours.

14 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Really though, why is he usually so imperious in European home games? Is it the vastly better atmosphere? The extra time on the ball? Something to do with Brexit? 

None of the above.  He plays at a similar standard in every game, but people notice it more against the big names like Bayern and PSG.

1 hour ago, Hades said:

Doesn't he play well for England too? Maybe he has more national pride than Liverpool pride. Bit like some of the foreign lads we've signed over the years that only turned up for the European games.

Henderson has always spoken of his pride at playing and captaining our club,despite being a Mackem. Fuck England so I dont care what he does for them so long as he doesnt get injured.

He's Lucas with more mobility and less balls for me. I don't hate him, I think he'd be ace as a squad player and I'm fine with him being the Captain of the side if he's going to keep featuring. He's also afraid to take shots and chooses the easy option moreso than he doesn't. I wouldn't start him against United either though, as that's exactly the kind of game he fucks up in.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Saintslfc13 said:

He's Lucas with more mobility and less balls for me. I don't hate him, I think he'd be ace as a squad player and I'm fine with him being the Captain of the side if he's going to keep featuring. He's also afraid to take shots and chooses the easy option moreso than he doesn't. I wouldn't start him against United either though, as that's exactly the kind of game he fucks up in.

tumblr_okgfdxpaZZ1rfd7lko1_500.gif

23 hours ago, LF:D said:

He's a very good player, always has been.  Even better leader!

At times he can be great - as we saw vs Bayern, when he was clearly MOTM.

Saying that I wouldn't start him vs United.

Why not if you rate him so highly. 

On 2/22/2019 at 12:12 AM, LF:D said:

He's a very good player, always has been.  Even better leader!

At times he can be great - as we saw vs Bayern, when he was clearly MOTM.

Saying that I wouldn't start him vs United.

This makes no sense at all. 

Doesn’t seem to have been mentioned much but he clearly blanked Klopp when he got subbed off.  A bit billy big bollocks for me.  Klopp didn’t take kindly to it and it looked like he told him if he had an issue with it now wasn’t the time to be showing it.  I said it in the match thread if you’re going to act like that you better be an indispensable player.  He’s nowhere near that.  I hope Klopp pulls his pants down and takes the captaincy off him.

• Upvote 3

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)