You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

6 minutes ago, BCM said:

Not sure which game you were watching... he was one of our better players tonight

He left McGuire a fucking sitter in the 2nd half. Just left him stood on his own. McGuire could have took it on his chest, pirouetted, sat on it then scored given the amount of room Henderson left him. 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He left McGuire a fucking sitter in the 2nd half. Just left him stood on his own. McGuire could have took it on his chest, pirouetted, sat on it then scored given the amount of room Henderson left him. 

I thought that was what he did do? 

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Is that the one where the lad beat Matip and another and squared it in the box, if so yeh that was a mistake, but on the whole i thought he did well considering. 

He was shite on the ball.  He’s so fucking awkward controlling it when under any pressure.  It’s just panic stations.  When Leicester were breaking he looked like a schoolboy.  That incident when Robertson had to come charging over to try and stop Gray and leave Maddison wide open summed him up.  He could have give himself acres so that the ball in behind couldn’t happen, didn’t and then the Gray went in behind and it looked like he was running backwards.  He didn’t read any situation when the ball was on his side.

Offensively he didn’t fancy staying wide and it crippled us.  He didn’t once overlap any player who had the ball on that side.  It’s basics but he’s just thick as fuck.  I know it’s not his position but he’s not some kid here.  He can see what Robertson is trying to do on the opposite side.  When it comes to the right just fucking copy it.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Guest said:

He was shite on the ball.  He’s so fucking awkward controlling it when under any pressure.  It’s just panic stations.  When Leicester were breaking he looked like a schoolboy.  That incident when Robertson had to come charging over to try and stop Gray and leave Maddison wide open summed him up.  He could have give himself acres so that the ball in behind couldn’t happen, didn’t and then the Gray went in behind and it looked like he was running backwards.  He didn’t read any situation when the ball was on his side.

Offensively he didn’t fancy staying wide and it crippled us.  He didn’t once overlap any player who had the ball on that side.  It’s basics but he’s just thick as fuck.  I know it’s not his position but he’s not some kid here.  He can see what Robertson is trying to do on the opposite side.  When it comes to the right just fucking copy it.

Load of shite.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Van Dijk hit a long ball that was perfect. Henderson was a yard behind. The commentator on my stream said TAA would have got it. For me it was Henderson seeing it too late and not reading the pass. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Van Dijk hit a long ball that was perfect. Henderson was a yard behind. The commentator on my stream said TAA would have got it. For me it was Henderson seeing it too late and not reading the pass. 

Correct.  He looked like a fella who’d been told by his bird to do the dishes and thought he’d do a bad job so he never had to do it again.

I honestly don’t know how people can watch the same game and completely miss how bad players are.  He was fucking garbage.

• Upvote 1

Henderson at right back is unfortunately a result of Klopp releasing Clyne which is now looking like a really strange decision, considering we have the choice of replacing our first choice with either a centre back who is vulnerable to injury there or three midfielders. I would have assumed Fabinho would have made right back of the three midfielders as he must be more used to it. 

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He was. In the first half, in particular, he kept making good runs and getting into good attacking positions.  The trouble is, Van Dijk, Matip and Wijnaldum were too slow getting the ball to him.

Regardless of how good or bad Henderson was, some of the passing was so slow and ponderous with no ideas behind them it was like watching musical chairs but with a football instead. When the music stops, the player with the ball is out. Get rid quick.

15 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Regardless of how good or bad Henderson was, some of the passing was so slow and ponderous with no ideas behind them it was like watching musical chairs but with a football instead. When the music stops, the player with the ball is out. Get rid quick.

Everybody's passing was shit last night. Still, we've got a few days to work on it and get back to being good. 

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

Everybody's passing was shit last night. Still, we've got a few days to work on it and get back to being good. 

I think they thought they were still on holiday and in party game mood. Hopefully the gloves come off on Monday Night Football sponsored by Renault Megane. 

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

He was good. Having Clyne last night wouldn’t have made a difference.

Having an authentic right back at right back wouldn't have made a difference? Putting a player there who hasn't played there instead? The next time you order a fry-up, ask the chef to get the dustman in to cook it and see what you get.

14 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Having an authentic right back at right back wouldn't have made a difference? Putting a player there who hasn't played there instead? The next time you order a fry-up, ask the chef to get the dustman in to cook it and see what you get.

Nah he wouldn’t have offered much more going forward and the goal we conceded had little to do with him. 

18 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

It would have made a huge difference. Because then Hendo would have been in the middle and Keita off. We would have been in a much better position. 

Hendo wouldn’t have been much more creative than Keita in the middle. We had most of the ball already.

9 hours ago, The Guest said:

Correct.  He looked like a fella who’d been told by his bird to do the dishes and thought he’d do a bad job so he never had to do it again.

I honestly don’t know how people can watch the same game and completely miss how bad players are.  He was fucking garbage.

Henderson gets judged in the same way a lad with callipers trying his best would.  He was shite last night.  Beaten more times than John Bonhams drumkit.  

• Downvote 1

He's been good in midfield recently. Stepped into an unfamiliar position and did okay, I thought.

Little enough talk about Van Dijk switching off for their goal, Alisson's sloppiness, Firmino's anonymity or Lallana's Lallananess today. Confirmation bias is a funny thing.

• Upvote 1

There were bad decisions all over the show.  Why Robertson made the foul in the build up to the goal was baffling.  He was already held up by Gini and not getting anywhere.  He just panicked when there was no need.  Van Dijk got caught ball watching but the guy is basically the reason we’ve got the defensive record we have so he should get a pass in anyone’s eyes.

Firmino was absolute trash all game and Shaqiri wasn’t much better.  The

subs basically killed the game though because they were even worse.  I know Sturridge scored some big goals earlier in the season but I’d honestly stop bringing him on he’s that bad.  He offers nothing other than potshots from 30 yards and disrupts any pressure being applied.  Henderson was the constant throughout though.  When he wasn’t hiding from Matip he was refusing to go down the line and stay wide.  It should put to bed any of those laughable shouts that he’s better at right back than anywhere else.  He was defensively as bad as Trent if not worse. 

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)