You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

8 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Look at our line-up in Klopp’s first game and our line-up against Red Star. 

He’s been quietly ruthless and the only position that we’re now not stronger in is where Coutinho played. It’s almost like he’s good at what he does. 

Do people really think he won’t make the right call on Henderson, one way or another?

Quite.

He's in the process of phasing him out. Two important things with the situation are, in my opinion, that Klopp is happy to phase players out gradually. We've seen this, he prefers to do this and get the right replacements, than several squad filler types every season. Secondly, he doesn't really care about the captaincy.

Henderson is the worst midfielder at the club. I agree with whoever it was on this thread that said he'll go from squad player to back up next season, then will finally get binned to someone like West Ham for about twice what he's worth.

As others have said, he should have been a right back. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, he doesn’t seem to care much about who is Captain, which is a bit of a shame, but as long as there’s leadership amongst the players, it’s not so bad. I’d go for VVD with Milner as VC. 

If Hendo is our worst midfielder, we’ve come a bloody long way under Klopp. Either way, we shouldn’t have a Captain who isn’t making the first XI. VVD is my first name on the team sheet, then Alisson, then Firmino, then we start talking about others. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, he doesn’t seem to care much about who is Captain, which is a bit of a shame, but as long as there’s leadership amongst the players, it’s not so bad. I’d go for VVD with Milner as VC. 

If Hendo is our worst midfielder, we’ve come a bloody long way under Klopp. Either way, we shouldn’t have a Captain who isn’t making the first XI. VVD is my first name on the team sheet, then Alisson, then Firmino, then we start talking about others. 

If you’re going to play Allison you’d be better off making him the first name on your team sheet. It’ll make it far nearer and easier to complete, rather than leaving a gap for him and hoping you’ve got the spacing right.

6 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

If you’re going to play Allison you’d be better off making him the first name on your team sheet. It’ll make it far nearer and easier to complete, rather than leaving a gap for him and hoping you’ve got the spacing right.

Special awareness fail on my part. 

Funny how Henderson has divided opinion from day one. Horrenderson is now at least Hendo so some progress I suppose. From scratching my head to see what people saw in the lad to actually thinking he's a pretty solid if unspectacular midfielder is where I'm at. He's Lucas plus I guess which is a great pity because Lucas made the best of his talents , Henderson still fails badly on the score.   

44 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Funny how Henderson has divided opinion from day one. Horrenderson is now at least Hendo so some progress I suppose. From scratching my head to see what people saw in the lad to actually thinking he's a pretty solid if unspectacular midfielder is where I'm at. He's Lucas plus I guess which is a great pity because Lucas made the best of his talents , Henderson still fails badly on the score.   

Lucas at his best was a better midfielder than Hendo at his best IMO.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Seems i watch a different game than some of you , what Henderson and for that matter Milner do is all the mostly ignored by some the dirty stuff the stopping the other team amd recycling the ball to the flashy guys you all seem to notice, as for being scared of the ball well thats just laughable. 

Henderson has had detractors since day one and they are not going to change their opinion any day soon, but for me he os one of a fair size group of midfielders we have now all with different styles and all which Klopp can utilise depending on were he sees the opponents strengths are.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Yes, and it isn't even close.

One of Henderson's problems is that because he doesn't excel at anything it's difficult to find a specific role for him. He plays as the deepest player now because he can't play further forward. He has become quite good at the role, but he still isn't great. He doesn't read the game well enough.

7 minutes ago, Geoff Strong said:

Seems i watch a different game than some of you , what Henderson and for that matter Milner do is all the mostly ignored by some the dirty stuff the stopping the other team amd recycling the ball to the flashy guys you all seem to notice, as for being scared of the ball well thats just laughable. 

Henderson has had detractors since day one and they are not going to change their opinion any day soon, but for me he os one of a fair size group of midfielders we have now all with different styles and all which Klopp can utilise depending on were he sees the opponents strengths are.

Milner doesn't deserve lumping in with him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, and it isn't even close.

One of Henderson's problems is that because he doesn't excel at anything it's difficult to find a specific role for him. He plays as the deepest player now because he can't play further forward. He has become quite good at the role, but he still isn't great. He doesn't read the game well enough.

When he captained the under 21's years ago for psycho  he was the deepest player DM is his natural position since coming to us he has played other roles though, i am not saying he is the best i am saying right now, Keita and Fabinho have not got the experience with the way the prem is so this season is all about aclimatisation, they might make costly errors during games still. 

I also think some people need a scapegoat or hate figure ironically Lucas was that in the past and right now it is Henderson and probably Lovren.

Henderson just does the job Klopp gives him he isnt the best player in the team but he sure as hell isnt as bad as some of you are suggesting,  if he was Klopp would never select him at all.

27 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Only a marginal improvement. An injury, combined with us loosing a couple of games, now that would really propel his career.

23 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Only a marginal improvement. An injury, combined with us loosing a couple of games, now that would really propel his career.

That's easy for you to say, twice over.

Think this current formation will suit Henderson more than the three man CM when he has to be more defensive.

Feel it suits Keita, Fabinho, Wijnaldum too.  

Only Milner I would argue doesn't really suit the double pivot.

Fabinho, Naby & Wijnaldum are perceived to be the best options we have & maybe they are.  But I think Henderson & Milner can push them, hopefully raise their level & at worst you know they're going to be fully professional & fight for their places.  Perfect situation really.

I feel Henderson's leadership skills are underrated.  Klopp says he's an outstanding leader, Southgate does, the players praise him & he is always encouraging players on the pitch, in the refs ear & not scared to give a bollocking when needed.

Find the pining for him not to be captain weird & wrong.  People seem to want Van Dijk to be captain, he might be in the long term.  But I don't think Van Dijk needs the armband to lead, he has shown that already & Carragher showed that too.  We need lots of leaders in the team, like Rafa had.  I feel we seem to be getting that more.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:11 PM, aRdja said:

Not even close to being correct. Henderson has been an ultimate professional and does at least a good a job as Milner but somehow Milner is brilliant and Henderson is shit. I think they both do a great job for the team and both in unspectacular ways.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)