You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

• 4 weeks later...

Now Fabinho has put to bed all doubts that he's not a class player, this is the beginning of the end now Shirley? Getting harder and harder to see how he fits into this team. 

Every one of his attributes is done better by somebody else on the pitch. 

9 hours ago, Aventus said:

Now Fabinho has put to bed all doubts that he's not a class player, this is the beginning of the end now Shirley? Getting harder and harder to see how he fits into this team. 

Pointing?

10 hours ago, Aventus said:

Whilst the Brazilian did really well after a nervous start to the game, in the end it’s one game against a poor side, like. Henderson has had games as good against better sides. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Whilst the Brazilian did really well after a nervous start to the game, in the end it’s one game against a poor side, like. Henderson has had games as good against better sides. 

I'm trying not to get carried away on fabinho over one game. 

But he hasn't featured much so far, and I was starting to have doubts about whether Klopp thinks he's good enough. I felt a bit of relief after last night. 

Don't think you have to disparage Henderson to say that Fabinho looks really good.

Henderson is 28. He will start the steeper downslope of his physical abilities in ~2 years, so it makes sense to be looking ahead and buying a player to replace him. If that player is better than he is (at peak), so much the better.

I know our fans look for scapegoats and it's the nature of football but I don't think you can really go too much overboard with Henderson either way. He's competent and even borders on very good in his best games. But that said, he's not one of the best midfielders in the league and he's certainly not going to drag you to a league title.

I'd take this season to gradually phase Fabinho (and Keita) into the squad ahead of him, then have him as backup next season and then flog him in the summer of 2020 when West Ham or someone offer us more than he's worth.

• Upvote 2

Not sure why Henderson doesnt get the respect he deserves throughout the clubs supporters, people always seem eager to write him off and then he comes back and shows up for the team weak after weak, so rather than use another player to have a dig at henderson why not enjoy all the midfield options Klopp has when he is fit. 

As far as i am concerned right now i would want Henderson and possibly Milner  in ahead of Fabinho or Keita if we are playing any top 6 team, simply because you want people you can rely on to stiffen up the midfield and make the right decisions. Right now both Keita and Fabinho are basically Premier League Virgins.

• Upvote 1

Positives: 

Points at things.

Good face for a nivea add.

Points at other things.

occasionaly a what looks like a good game, where he can huff and puff and clock up the miles.

Fills up the homegrown quota.

Negatives:

Shit scared of the ball.

When he gets it, always look for a back, maybe a sideways pass.

If those passes are not on. Full fledged panic time ostrich running forward hoping for a freekick.

Composure of a three year old lost in a convenient store.

He should have been a right back, have the tools to be a PL one. He is not a top 6 team starting midfielder. Gini in the 6 role outshines him completely. 

• Upvote 3

Hopefully wijnaldum’s performaces in the no6 role can convince klopp that the Henderson experiment just doesn’t work. If he has to play then id like to see him play on the right of the 3 and told to get forward and support the attack as he’s awful sitting in the middle. 

if klopp goes with the 4-2-3-1 then I can’t see him getting much game time but he’s a good squad option to have and we’ve been crying out for decent squad back up over the years. Just not good enough as a regular starter for us. 

Look at our line-up in Klopp’s first game and our line-up against Red Star. 

He’s been quietly ruthless and the only position that we’re now not stronger in is where Coutinho played. It’s almost like he’s good at what he does. 

Do people really think he won’t make the right call on Henderson, one way or another?

• Upvote 1

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)