You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Office

Elite

I have just watched the first two episodes of The Thick Of It and you guys indeed correct, it's boss. Particularly the second episode, were Malcolm Tucker is going ballistic at that Actress for Fuck all.

Great cast.

• Upvote 1

Neil's an interesting character to me as he never came across as a bad guy in season 2. Just someone trying to help and get on with Brent (who must be infuriating to work with) but in the Xmas specials Gervais turned him into a smug prick I thought.

"What makes yours?"

"Armani"

"Nice, expensive"

"Yours?"

"Sergio Georgini"

Always found Neil to be a smarmy twat to be honest.

Neil's an interesting character to me as he never came across as a bad guy in season 2. Just someone trying to help and get on with Brent (who must be infuriating to work with) but in the Xmas specials Gervais turned him into a smug prick I thought.

"What makes yours?"

"Armani"

"Nice, expensive"

"Yours?"

"Sergio Georgini"

Neil is the management talk epitome. If he was real and one of us worked with him, he'd be in the "instant cunt identifiers" thread nigh on daily.

Having tried to join in ripping Brent with Finchy about footy, Brent points out he doesn't know anything about football, to which smug cunt replies, "well no, I'm more of a rugby man myself". Course you are you fucking try too hard, middle management, career based on public relations faced cunt.

Feel free to move this post to any number of threads. The one previously mentioned, or even the "have a rant thread".

I fucking hate Neil.

• Upvote 2

Always found Neil to be a smarmy twat to be honest.

Neil is the management talk epitome. If he was real and one of us worked with him, he'd be in the "instant cunt identifiers" thread nigh on daily.

Having tried to join in ripping Brent with Finchy about footy, Brent points out he doesn't know anything about football, to which smug cunt replies, "well no, I'm more of a rugby man myself". Course you are you fucking try too hard, middle management, career based on public relations faced cunt.

Feel free to move this post to any number of threads. The one previously mentioned, or even the "have a rant thread".

I fucking hate Neil.

The Swindon lot loved him though more so then the Slough lot did Brent so he can't have been too much of a management jobsworth.  In the Xmas specials when they put him along side Finchy he turned into a bell but in S2 when he's introduced as a regular character it's only when he starts clashing with Brent that his attitude goes confrontational.  He seems like an all round good guy to me, the cake, the dancing, trying to help his staff move etc etc 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Swindon lot loved him though more so then the Slough lot did Brent so he can't have been too much of a management jobsworth.  In the Xmas specials when they put him along side Finchy he turned into a bell but in S2 when he's introduced as a regular character it's only when he starts clashing with Brent that his attitude goes confrontational.  He seems like an all round good guy to me, the cake, the dancing, trying to help his staff move etc etc

When I watch him dancing that charity dance, it makes my eye twitch. Not my jap's eye, my actual eye. With rage.

"Because if we're in battle, is he going to be looking at the enemy, or is he going to be looking at me and going "Ooh. He looks tasty in his uniform". And I'm not homophobic, all right? Come round, look at my CDs. You'll see Queen, George Michael, Pet Shop Boys. They're all bummers."

• Upvote 3

"My proudest moment here wasn’t when I increased profits by 17%, or cut expenditure without losing a single member of staff. No. It was a young Greek guy, first job in the country, hardly spoke a word of English, but he came to me and he went "Mr. Brent, will you be the Godfather to my child?". Didn’t happen in the end. We had to let him go, he was rubbish. He was rubbish!"

• Upvote 6

Nowhere near the best comedy of all time!

Better shows off the top of my head

The Young Ones

Cheers

Community (early series)

Porridge

Rising Damp

Father Ted

Police Squad

Monty Pythons Flying Circus

Q Series by Milligan

South Park

Larry Sanders Show

Gary Shandling Show

MASH

The Rise and Fall of Reggie Perrin

Fawlty Towers

Frasier

Louie

• Downvote 2

We go there every Wednesday night, and it's a fun place, but it's full of loose women. My own problem with that is venereal disease, which is disabilitating right, especially for a soldier. And it's irresponsible to the rest of your unit as well, right. You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxon sir, he's got knobrot off some tart'

• Upvote 3