You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christian Benteke

WhiskeyJar

• 7 years later...

That clip is worth watching just for the hyperbole employed by the commentator.  If you can, listen to it without watching the goal.

Then play the clip and watch the goal.

Amazing.

PS  I can guarantee that during the celebrations, more than one player was heard to use the phrase "Awesome, guy!"

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Under Bodgers he was. Klopp was getting a bit of a tune out of him before he was sold though. Which highlights the quality of the managers themselves.

We’re always gonna disagree on this one mate. 

He was fucking crap and a terrible signing. 

• Like 1

If the Villa player who used to completely terrorise us had turned up, he’d have done well.

Unfortunately, he absolutely did not. 

Didn’t work out for either party. We got our money back. No need to dwell. 

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I didnt rate him but Klopp was getting a bit out of him at the end. 

Klopp hated him. Visibly berated him on the pitch after the game on several occasions. Dropped him in December for Origi against Leicester who subsequently got injured in that game. Put Bobby in the false 9 position and had Sturridge ahead of him whenever fit. Was a bench option for the remainder of the season and was flogged immediately.

17 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Klopp hated him. Visibly berated him on the pitch after the game on several occasions. Dropped him in December for Origi against Leicester who subsequently got injured in that game. Put Bobby in the false 9 position and had Sturridge ahead of him whenever fit. Was a bench option for the remainder of the season and was flogged immediately.

Yes,he wasn't our style of player at all but as I repeat again 'Klopp was getting a bit out of him anyway for a short time.' Far more than Rodgers did which sums Rodgers up for me. If we didn't have The Owl I'd hate Rodgers even more than I already do.

Rodgers being so set on getting a big lad up front was really weird, his style of football was way better suited to quick forwards who were great with the ball at their feet. Didn’t we play the lowest number of crosses of any team in the league when he was here? Then his forward signings included Lambert, Balotelli, and Benteke, all of whom loved feeding off crosses. (They were all shit as well).

5 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

his style of football was way better suited to quick forwards who were great with the ball at their feet. 

No, that was Luis Suarez' style - Rodgers never really had one. His Swansea side had Graham upfront - hardly quick and certainly not great with the ball at his feet.  When he tried to find those types of players he ended up with Borini and Aspas. When Suarez left he brought in Lambert and Balotelli.

32 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

No, that was Luis Suarez' style - Rodgers never really had one. His Swansea side had Graham upfront - hardly quick and certainly not great with the ball at his feet.  When he tried to find those types of players he ended up with Borini and Aspas. When Suarez left he brought in Lambert and Balotelli.

I remember the day we signed Lambert- we also agreed an £8m deal to sign Loic Remy from Newcastle only to pull out at the  last minute implying it was medical related and off he went to Chelsea.

And we signed Ballotelli