You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christian Benteke

WhiskeyJar

Hope the big bastard does us proud this season. His head isn't proportionate to his body though, worrying signs...

I'm more concerned about Ings, his head's not right. It's not on top of his shoulders when he runs, it's in front of him constantly staring at the ball. Seems to work for him though.

JS68558976.jpg

• Upvote 1

Glad they finally got it done, I'm excited by this signing. Every new clip i see of him seems to show the variety of goals he scores. Free kicks, headers, wrong footing the keeper, clinical finishes, power shots from outside the area. I hope he rips the shit out of many a defence for years to come. 

Welcome to the club!!

Just been reading the thread on villatalk. Bizarre set of people on there. They're mainly wishing him all the best but they don't half hate us. Why?

You're using your free time to seek out and read an Aston Villa forum, and you reckon it's them who are bizarre?

• Upvote 2

I reckon he can do really well, but it will be interesting to see if Brendan can get the best out of him when he usually likes short, slight players such as Allen, Borini and Coutinho, of which only the last has been an undisputed success. In a way we need Benteke because of this -- so teams get scared of us rather than thinking they can bully us.

Welcome. Hope he goes well. Not sure if he is worth the price, but we certainly are shit negotiators.

Us: One Benteke, please.

Villa: That'll be 32.5 m pounds.

Us: What? We'll give you 20.

Villa: The price is 32.5 m.

Us: There is no way we are paying that! We're taking our business elsewhere.

We go outside and half-heartedly look on craigslist on our phone. We mutter loudly so Villa can hear:

Us: Oh yeah, that Lacazette looks alright, doesn't he? Oooh, a Llorente. I've always wanted one of those! Much better than a Benteke....

Silence. We walk back in.

Us: Yes, one Benteke please.

Villa: That'll be 32.5 m pounds.

Us: Do you take American Express?

• Upvote 2