You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christian Benteke

WhiskeyJar

Guest Super Sub

When I gleefuly ventured onto Redcafe during the Moyes season to marvel at their rage I was genuinly baffled by not just one, but several Liverpool fans posting on there.

Truly puzzling behaviour.

Fanchester is OK. Largely because City, despite their success, are inoffensive due to the the whole thing being like a castle built of sand.

Not an enemy you can work up too passion about.

City winning the league are a bit like a darts player winning the world title using 4 darts each throw- they may win it but no one will take them seriuosly or respect them

It is bizarre that isn't if I noticed them also. To my knowledge this site is the only lfc site that has a fan of another football club posting on it. Even Bluemoon has a few lfc fans posting on it and as you said loads post on the red cafe.

Fanchester City is a solid poster, the kind of grafter that every internet wankfest site depends on. He throws in the odd spectacular post and the occasional thread brilliance but there is no way he is worth more than 325-400 recommendations, even given some of the overvaluation of posters that has contributed to the overall decline of this site.

I'm only reading (not contributing to) other fan forums when we buy a player I don't know much about. More frequently Saintsweb. They absolutely loathe us on there, but it's understandable. Recently, the Villa forum because I don't really know that much about Benteke. No idea what their beef is with us, but the hell with them. Inconsequential. City?  Stadium paid for, even being expanded, owners rich enough to buy a country, £1 BILLION spent and can buy whoever they want with petrodollars. No debt ever. Two premier league titles. Why on earth they hate anyone besides United is unfathomable.

• Upvote 1

Guest Super Sub

He's ok, sensible.

Although there's a guy on Blue Moon with the same name who fucking hates us. I'm sure it's a coincidence.

No it's the same person I asked the other day.

I don't hate Liverpool. Don't hate United really. I have some gripes about the characteristics of SOME fans of both clubs though, but there are plenty of idiotic City fans too who spoil the reputation of the club I support.

There's no common reason why many other fans have an issue with Liverpool fans, but the most common criticisms are:

1) A perception that the media adore Liverpool and United.

When you were looking like you might win the PL, the media were running long montages of Liverpool and that irritated a lot of City fans. The league hadn't been won at that point but the media were hyping up the nation for your win.

There's always to sheer number of ex Liverpool players in the media all seeming to have their say on things.

2) The 'history' / 'entitlement' thing.

Nobody can deny Liverpool's achievements, but every club has ups and downs, and a whole range of fortunes across its history. There's a real perception that many Liverpool fans really believe Liverpool is actually 'special'. Clubs are special to their own fans, of course, but it's the feeling that Liverpool are somehow more noble, or inherently more important, that other fans dislike.

Phrases like 'we should be beating Villa' - why should you?

3) Some morons bricking the windows of City away coaches at Anfield.

This was in 13/14 season, and upset a lot of fans. From City's perspective, they'd make lots of efforts to be respectful about the JFT96 campaign and showed a lot of support, and if felt like a kick in the teeth. This is obviously a specific City gripe in recent history.

I'd say two of those are the main gripes fans have, plus a City specific one, and I'm not justifying all of them, merely putting forward the arguments people give.

Of COURSE there are going to be some out and out morons who come out with phrases like 'all scousers are wankers' etc. You get similar on here sometimes about 'mancs'. It's a nonsense, and anybody with a braincell knows it. 

Taking the piss out of each other is part of supporting clubs (I would say), but the genuine hatred thing is beyond me. If it was people talking about skin colour, they'd be castigated as racists (and rightly so), and in my mind, anybody who genuine thinks all Liverpudlians are one thing, and all Mancunians are another shares the very same traits as a racist.

I wouldn't use Bluemoon as a good guide to City fans. It's similar to RAWK. There's some good posters, but on a site that large, you'll always get cliquey groups of gobshites who 'hate' everyone and everything, or mods not liking people who don't toe the party line.

• Upvote 3

Taking the piss out of each other is part of supporting clubs (I would say), but the genuine hatred thing is beyond me. If it was people talking about skin colour, they'd be castigated as racists (and rightly so), and in my mind, anybody who genuine thinks all Liverpudlians are one thing, and all Mancunians are another shares the very same traits as a racist.

idvvai2.gif

He's ok, sensible.

Although there's a guy on Blue Moon with the same name who fucking hates us. I'm sure it's a coincidence.

Am sure fanchester said the other day he posts under the same name on Bluemoon. Something doesn't sit right with me with that Fanchester. Just can't put my finger on it.

Christian Benteke is set to undergo a medical in London on Monday afternoon ahead of completing a £32.5m move to Liverpool, Sky sources understand.

Liverpool agreed a deal to sign the striker from Aston Villa last week after meeting the release clause stipulated in the Belgian's contract.

The finer terms of the deal are thought to have been negotiated over the weekend after discussions between Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre and Aston Villa counterpart Tom Fox.

Liverpool club doctor Andy Massey has flown back to England from the club's pre-season tour of Australia and the Far East and will oversee Benteke's medical at a facility in London.

Is Benteke worth it?

We take a look at what £32.5m Benteke could bring to Liverpool

Benteke's medical could run over two days, and provided there are no issues, he is expected to become a Liverpool player in the next 48 hours in a deal which will see him become the club's second most expensive signing ever.

The 24-year-old will not fly out to link up with Liverpool on tour and is expected to join up with team-mates Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino, who return to the club's Melwood training base on Wednesday after their participation in the Copa America.

P.S: What did the Fox say to Ayre?

Christian Benteke is set to undergo a medical in London on Monday afternoon ahead of completing a £32.5m move to Liverpool, Sky sources understand.

Liverpool agreed a deal to sign the striker from Aston Villa last week after meeting the release clause stipulated in the Belgian's contract.

The finer terms of the deal are thought to have been negotiated over the weekend after discussions between Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre and Aston Villa counterpart Tom Fox.

Liverpool club doctor Andy Massey has flown back to England from the club's pre-season tour of Australia and the Far East and will oversee Benteke's medical at a facility in London.

Is Benteke worth it?

Benteke's medical could run over two days, and provided there are no issues, he is expected to become a Liverpool player in the next 48 hours in a deal which will see him become the club's second most expensive signing ever.

The 24-year-old will not fly out to link up with Liverpool on tour and is expected to join up with team-mates Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino, who return to the club's Melwood training base on Wednesday after their participation in the Copa America.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

Is Benteke worth it?

P.S: What did the Fox say to Ayre?

images-3.jpeg

Phrases like 'we should be beating Villa' - why should you?

Because they are fucking shite?

I honestly don't see the problem with fans saying stuff like this. Of course we should be beating Villa, we are battling (?) for a top 4 spot, they are battling relegation. Our squad cost fuck knows how many times what Villas cost (granted we've not spent it properly but anyway).

Are you saying that City fans don't talk about how they should be beating teams? After the money you've spent you should be saying that about 90% of the teams you play.

• Upvote 7

Because they are fucking shite?

I honestly don't see the problem with fans saying stuff like this. Of course we should be beating Villa, we are battling (?) for a top 4 spot, they are battling relegation. Our squad cost fuck knows how many times what Villas cost (granted we've not spent it properly but anyway).

Are you saying that City fans don't talk about how they should be beating teams? After the money you've spent you should be saying that about every game.

Fixed