You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christian Benteke

WhiskeyJar

Guest Super Sub

and then everyone on this forum who didn't want him at liverpool will moan about how we didn't sign him

I won't I just don't trust him as his eyes are far to close together.

Don't know why we don't just buy Jovetic instead of Benteke. Presumably he'd take a wage cut to get regular football, he'd cost about 10-12m and he's world class when fit. Plus he fits the way we play and can fill in as a wide forward in a 4-3-3 or as one of the three attacking midfielder slots in a 4-2-3-1 as well as playing as the lone striker. I can see him going back to Serie A and killing it like Tevez did.

If there was any hope of him staying fit, City would be keeping him.

He's made of glass. 

I am gutted about this. When you want goals you need to move decisively.

I suppose we will now bid for Charlie Austin.

Relax Alehouse Ben will be warming the bench for us.

If you want the latest information on our transfer dealings read Everton John's twitter feed for the latest.

John Merro

John Merro – ‏@johnmerro1

#MUFC interest in Benteke is just betting companies coining it by reviving a dead market that in reality only has one singular rider = #LFC

Most on here didn't want him so no point whining about Utd paying the asking price, Just vindicates Villas tough stance and our inability to recognise when a deal needs to be done quickly and without nickel and diming the selling club.  No doubt the club wanted this guy and now look fucking idiots. I dread to think what sort of shite they will now go out and buy. 

• Upvote 1