You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christian Benteke

WhiskeyJar

we will haggle until the last day of the window , Spurs will come in and pay Villas price then we will resign Carroll at the bargain price of £25m.

Only joking we will give Villa £32 m next week from the Sterling money, The other 18m will be invested wisely in a couple of 15 year olds from Barlelona

Tottenham wont pay £32million + for Benteke.  Nor will any other sane fucker.

• Upvote 1

we will haggle until the last day of the window , Spurs will come in and pay Villas price then we will resign Carroll at the bargain price of £25m.

Only joking we will give Villa £32 m next week from the Sterling money, The other 18m will be invested wisely in a couple of 15 year olds from Barlelona

That's what will piss me off the most about the Sterling money, the probability we'll spend as much on teenagers to loan out as it would cost to buy a decent DM.

Hopefully we go down the Sterling or Ibe route rather than the Alberto route.

Liverpool certainly wouldn't pay £35m for a big man up front who can hold the ball up, rely mostly on crosses to score goals, is good in the air and is then fucked off a year later because he doesn't fit in with our style of play.

We pissed ourselves at Everton last season over Lukaku if we pay as much or more for Benteke we are the biggest dickheads in the history of the game.

• Upvote 1

Why can't we just go and sign 2 really quick strikers. Our pressing and high tempo game was brutal, why can't we go back to that?

Benteke isn't going to give you that. All I see is Coutinho and Firminho running out of space while gentle Ben tries to work out how to stay onside. None of our strikers are good enough. 

Take the Benteke money and add it to the Sterling money and just go out and sign someone shit hot you stupid fucks. Money talks so go and get a mercenary to get us top 4. 

i know i could be proved all wrong but the thought of buying benteke depresses me every time ive watched him he looks like a big lump up front basically a belgian heskey id rather we spent our money on a quick/pacey/mobile striker like lacazette from lyon i know he is coming from french league but im conviced he is a world class player in the making not sure id say same about benteke

8 million left. If we sell for 50 we have to give 20% to QPR.

Not sure about that. They did pay 25m plus for Soldado and 17m for the current Chinese League star, Paulinho, so I wouldn't put it past them.

*fingers crossed*

Why can't we just go and sign 2 really quick strikers. Our pressing and high tempo game was brutal, why can't we go back to that?

Benteke isn't going to give you that. All I see is Coutinho and Firminho running out of space while gentle Ben tries to work out how to stay onside. None of our strikers are good enough. 

Take the Benteke money and add it to the Sterling money and just go out and sign someone shit hot you stupid fucks. Money talks so go and get a mercenary to get us top 4. 

I don't wanna go all Cardie on you, but Benteke isn't 'exactly' gentle. He seems to enjoy physical battles.. Remember how he bullied Skrtel? Even Costa didn't manage to dominate him as much as Benteke.

Liverpool certainly wouldn't pay £35m for a big man up front who can hold the ball up, rely mostly on crosses to score goals, is good in the air and is then fucked off a year later because he doesn't fit in with our style of play.

We pissed ourselves at Everton last season over Lukaku if we pay as much or more for Benteke we are the biggest dickheads in the history of the game.

Well, the fans pissed themselves at Everton over Lukaku, not sure the club did.

I don't wanna go all Cardie on you, but Benteke isn't 'exactly' gentle. He seems to enjoy physical battles.. Remember how he bullied Skrtel? Even Costa didn't manage to dominate him as much as Benteke.

Skrtel always did well with Drogba.

Bit strange really considering he's been done by a couple of alehouse lumps - but he played him pretty well.

Not sure about that. They did pay 25m plus for Soldado and 17m for the current Chinese League star, Paulinho, so I wouldn't put it past them.

For that very reason they won't spend silly money on Benteke.

I wonder how many goals he scored with his head from crosses last year, or any year, in comparison to with his feet.

Benteke has scored 42 Premier League goals in 88 games (that's a better goals per game ratio in the Premier League than Sturridge, Torres, Owen, Fowler, Drogba, Dzeko, Bony, Giroud, Lukaku etc), compared to Andy Carroll's 34 in 136. As for headers, he averages 4 goals per season in the league with Villa, whilst Suarez, for example, scored 3 per season with us.

He might not be the right player for us but the Carroll comparisons are just lazy.

• Upvote 9

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't wanna go all Cardie on you

You should try going Cardie more often, because he actually has the first idea what he's talking about and you're a clueless buffoon who calls just about everything wrong.