You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stop killing people.....

Bjornebye

Always makes me laugh when people say stuff like 'we' should bomb somewhere or 'we' should invade. Like half these blerts on Facebook would be arsed putting candy crush saga down long enough to actually do anything that didn't involve overpriced coffee. Entire nation of keyboard warriors.

I hate candy crush.

Always makes me laugh when people say stuff like 'we' should bomb somewhere or 'we' should invade. Like half these blerts on Facebook would be arsed putting candy crush saga down long enough to actually do anything that didn't involve overpriced coffee. Entire nation of keyboard warriors.

I hate candy crush.

They are not fighting for god or any of that nonsene it is about resources. The top guys might use religion as a recruiting Sergeant but at the end of the day this is about money.

The middle east controls the worlds oil and we want it and are controlling it. Fair enough they don't like it and want us to fuck off so they can sell it to us.

The guys planting bombs and chopping off heads are doing it for Allah or whatever the fuck he is called but the top men are in this for the billions not the virgins.

I don't see power, money and the religious motivation as being mutually exclusive here.

The same way that George Bush and Eric Prince were genuinely motivated by religion, amongst other things.

If the Germans came across here now they'd find an entire country of shitebags moaning about it on Facebook & Twitter.

The logic is unimpeachable.

That a child can get their head around the logic demonstrates the straightforward sense of it.

And yes, it should be applied if appropriate to everything else that is bad in the world. Although there is nothing anywhere near as bad as religion.

Well the electorate certainly applied it in response to your party's support of Tory policies

I don't see power, money and the religious motivation as being mutually exclusive here.

The same way that George Bush and Eric Prince were genuinely motivated by religion, amongst other things.

Fair point Monty but was Bush not just the poster boy for the money men behind him and the old man, same with Blair.

Fair point Monty but was Bush not just the poster boy for the money men behind him and the old man, same with Blair.

Pretty much but some of those money men are also motivated by religion. Don't be fooled to think that people in expensive suits that sit in board rooms don't think about their crusade defeating the heathen religion.

Brainwashing people from birth not to question things that, rationally, make very little sense, cannot just be discounted as a factor in behaviour like this. That process of programming happens outside of religion too, obviously, but not really to the same extent. 

Pretty much but some of those money men are also motivated by religion. Don't be fooled to think that people in expensive suits that sit in board rooms don't think about their crusade defeating the heathen religion.

Brainwashing people from birth not to question things that, rationally, make very little sense, cannot just be discounted as a factor in behaviour like this. That process of programming happens outside of religion too, obviously, but not really to the same extent. 

So you honestly think the top guys believe the bible nonsense and don't just use it as a justification either to themselves or the populace.

I honestly think when you get to the very top they all know it is nonsense, opium for the masses etc. Even the Pope and people like that know it is a facade to maintain wealth and power in certain places.

I'd ban the selling of weapons internationally. The arms trade is an abomination. dont sell guns to people who then use those guns killing our soldiers. Id take all the major shareholders in the arms industry ask them to choose their favourite weapon and shoot them with it. The same with any war profiteer like dick cheneys company halliburton making 40 billion quid from the iraq conflict, a vice president making financial gains from political decision making, its all corrupt to fuck. Mobsters with consent.

The only way to deal with isis is to put political pressure on saudi arabia which won't happen. 

• Upvote 3

I'd ban the selling of weapons internationally. The arms trade is an abomination. dont sell guns to people who then use those guns killing our soldiers. Id take all the major shareholders in the arms industry ask them to choose their favourite weapon and shoot them with it. The same with any war profiteer like dick cheneys company halliburton making 40 billion quid from the iraq conflict, a vice president making financial gains from political decision making, its all corrupt to fuck. Mobsters with consent.

The only way to deal with isis is to put political pressure on saudi arabia which won't happen. 

You do realise that the purpose of the army is not to protect us from invaders. It is to protect the government from us.

So you honestly think the top guys believe the bible nonsense and don't just use it as a justification either to themselves or the populace.

I honestly think when you get to the very top they all know it is nonsense, opium for the masses etc. Even the Pope and people like that know it is a facade to maintain wealth and power in certain places.

Yes, I think many of them do. 

Why do you think that it's so unlikely? There are loads of otherwise very smart people that have been indoctrinated with it, rich or otherwise. 

If The Padre believes in it (and thinks he's acting out the will of his god) then why would you doubt that the CEO of CuntyOil PLC would also feel the same way?

True enough. I remember seeing the Arch Bishop of Canterbury interviewed, the previous one. Asked his opinion on lots of things and came across as highly intelligent man with an intellect light years beyond my own. But then he went on to pray to the son of god laid in a stable. Fucking bonkers and cannot see how a brain of that capability can justify it without sending yourself mad.

All the smart arses got any other solutions to this very real problem? Other than bacon bombs.

But how do we know bacon bombing won't work unless we've tried it. Given we must be exhausting the weaponry budget for the handful of fighter jets we have bombing ISIS, using bacon may become a necessity rather than out-of-the-box thinking soon.