You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Labour Leadership Contest

The Next Labour Leader  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to cunt Cameron in the bastard?

• Liz Kendall - she invented mintcake.
    • Andy Burnham - such sadness in those eyes
    • Yvette Cooper - uses her maiden name because she doesn't want to be called "I've ate balls"
    • Jeremy Corbyn - substitute geography teacher

We can't even use Trident without the US giving us the codes. I don't mind having a truly independent nuclear programme nothing huge just some bombs and say "look if you fuck with us we will set every single one of these fuckers off above our own heads and make the entire planet uninhabitable so back the fuck off"  

We can't even use Trident without the US giving us the codes. I don't mind having a truly independent nuclear programme nothing huge just some bombs and say "look if you fuck with us we will set every single one of these fuckers off above our own heads and make the entire planet uninhabitable so back the fuck off"  

That's pretty much what it boils down to though isn't it? It's incredibly backward thinking and really only exists to provide income to rich cunts that get richer through munitions sales!

• Upvote 1

Cock also says gloria de piero. I'd smash her to smithereens, then I'd smash her smithereens to smithereens and so on an so forth until you can't tell whether she is a particle or a wave unless you observe me further smashing her to smithereens.

She's assisting Tom Watson, isn't she? I concur with your assessment though.

If nothing else this has all highlighted what a lot of Labour politicians actually think about Democracy. They couldn't give a flying fuck what people want, it's all about their own career and chance of power and nothing to do with representing or the electorate.

Surely it hasn't taken you until 2015 to work this out?!

I simply cannot get my head around anybody supporting Trident. Do we really need 4 warships, carrying 40 nuclear warheads, each eight times more powerful than the atomic bomb which was dropped on Hiroshima?

I mean under what circumstances is this weaponry useful?

What if Micheal bay is over here making a filim?

Getting funnier. Tired of turning on Corbyn, they're now turning on each other. Some spectacular teddy throwing here, by Cooper.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11808589/Yvette-Cooper-Andy-Burnham-is-too-similar-to-Jeremy-Corbyn-and-must-step-aside.html

Yvette Cooper has called for Andy Burnham to stand aside from the Labour leadership contest after she accused him of failing to provide an "effective alternative" to Jeremy Corbyn.

Ms Cooper, the shadow home secretary, reacted with after Mr Burnham used a keynote speech to praise Mr Corbyn's "energy" and "vision".

Mr Burnham has since hit back accusing Ms Cooper of a "panicked, desperate stunt" which his spokesman said was "straight out of the Ed Balls handbook". Ms Cooper is married to Mr Balls, who lost his seat at the last election.

A spokesman for Mr Burnham said: "Yvette's stunt is panicked, desperate and straight out of the Ed Balls handbook."

The move could mean that Mr Burnham's supporters choose Mr Corbyn as their second preference, making it more likely that the hard-left candidate will win the leadership election.

It represents the first time a Labour leadership contender has publicly called for one of their rivals to stand aside.

A spokesman for Ms Cooper said: "If he isn't prepared to offer an alternative to Jeremy, he needs to step back and leave it to Yvette.

"And he should do the right thing by the party and tell people who do still support him to put second preferences for Yvette – something he is still refusing to do."

In a speech in Manchester Mr Burnham, the shadow health secretary, was accused of "flipflopping" by his rivals after adopting five conflicting positions on Mr Corbyn in just five days.

On Friday he said a Corbyn victory would lead to a split in the Labour Party. However he yesterday said he would involve Jeremy Corbyn in his team from the outset if he wins the leadership elections in September.

The move could also mean that Mr Burnham's supporters choose Mr Corbyn as their second preference, making it even more likely that the hard-left candidate will win the leadership election.

Just three hours after Mr Burnham's comments, Mr Corbyn said he would offer his rival a position in his Shadow Cabinet and that he could play a key role for him if he is elected Labour's next leader.

Mr Corbyn said: “We welcome Andy’s inclusive tone towards our campaign and the view is mutual. If we win we would involve Andy in our team if he was willing. From day one, whoever wins must pull the party together".

Both Ms Cooper and MsKendall are calling on their supporters to use their "second preference votes" in the leadership ballot to vote for "anyone but Jeremy" in a bid to ensure Mr Corbyn does not win the contest.

Mr Burnham's praise of Mr Corbyn has prompted fears that his supporters will give their second preference votes to the hard-left MP. This could potentially deliver the leadership to Mr Corbyn, sources warned.

They say Mr Burnham failure to make clear who he believes voters should chose as their second and third preferences is "disgraceful" and could inadvertently secure Mr Corbyn victory in the polls.

One source said: "Andy is refusing to say whether or not his supporters should give their second preferences to Jeremy. It's ridiculous and is the great, unanswered question of his campaign. He needs to make a decision."

Speaking in Manchester on Monday, Mr Burnham said: "Jeremy has brought energy to this race. I want to capture that and would involve Jeremy in my team from the outset.

"I want the people who are drawn to his campaign – particularly young people – to help us rebuild our Party from the bottom up, to re-energise it, make it the People's Party again."

Mr Burnham said there was a good deal of common ground between Mr Corbyn and himself on issues such as housing and renationalising the railways. He also said he could "work with" Jeremy's idea of a National Education Service.

The Shadow Health Secretary said he wouldn't let the party go back to the days of infighting in the 1980s, which "left the pitch clear for Margaret Thatcher to bulldoze her way through Labour communities".

Mr Burnham added: "I won't let those Bullingdon Boys – the heirs to Thatcher – do the same to people in 2015 as she did in 1985."

• Upvote 1

Must say Im enjoying the people in the labour party infighting corbyn over Corbyn getting in under the premise of him getting in will cause infighting, the same people in labour reading the same script in harmony with the media saying he will divide the labour party threatening to split the labour party and none of the media who of course all getting the same breifing (All organised by the hands behind the representative democracy sham we live under) are calling them on it. Thatchers dead they need to get over it.

From a Guardian comments section :

Vote Totals:
Corbyn: 250,522
Burnham: 103,536
Cooper: 50,049
Kendall: 30,200
<TIMEOUT ERROR, LABOUR WEBSITE HAS CRASHED>
Would you like to open bilderberg.virus?
<INITIALISING>
Vote Totals:
Thatcher: 500,000
Burnham: 0
Cooper: 0
Kendall: 0

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/17/yvette-cooper-labour-leadership-candidates-pressured-to-stand-aside-jeremy-corbyn-peter-mandelson#comment-57646981

First thing Burnham did was go and give a talk in the city which shows he swallowed all the spiel about labour alienating business.

Once again, Ed Miliband didn't win because Murdoch and co didn't want him too. that's all there is to it.

The best thing about all this is that it's revealed the modern labour party for the total charade it is.

• Upvote 2

I've heard this line trotted out a few times now, that Labour need to decide whether to be a party of protest or a to be seriously contesting elections. What a fucking crock of shit!

If they are seriously suggesting that you can only win an election by having right wing policies, then Labour might as well give up and leave it to the Tories anyway. Jeremy Corbyn is popular with the general public for the very fact that he is a protest, he is a different voice.

Please bring back some ideology into politics Jeremy!

Liz Kedal was talking yesterday and said Labour must change to reflect the views expressed by the electorate in the last election.

Ten seconds later when asked if she would move her stance to accommodate J Corbyn she said that it would be wrong and weak for a leader and a party to change to suit views expressed by Corbyns supporters or anyone else.

Its like a comedy sketch.