You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Labour Leadership Contest

The Next Labour Leader  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to cunt Cameron in the bastard?

• Liz Kendall - she invented mintcake.
    • Andy Burnham - such sadness in those eyes
    • Yvette Cooper - uses her maiden name because she doesn't want to be called "I've ate balls"
    • Jeremy Corbyn - substitute geography teacher

I can't actually think of much I do disagree with him about, although I'm probably to the left of what he's campaigning on.

Although I reckon he's probably a fair bit to the left of what he's campaigning on as well.

Rotating parliament.

Although I'd duck off Westminster agreed.

Burnham, has changed his position a little, and has moved from starting his campaign in traders offices in the financial centre of London, and is now talking re-nationalisation of the railways.  However, all he's doing is copying little bits of what Corbyn has been offering  from the start.  If anything, it makes him look weaker.

And today I hear he'd abolish tuition fees. Deeply unimpressed.

His announcement for tomorrow, at the very least, should be the sacking of his campaign team

Really? Telegraph, Times, Mail, Express, S*n, Independent, Guardian and even The Mirror have been steadfastly anti-Corbyn. The Mirror mildly so because it's behind Burnham, but it's columnists refer to a potential Corbyn vote as madness, and while they failed to make much of Corbyn's re-nationalisation proposals they were all over Burnham's announcement on the railways yesterday.

However, luckily there are voices being heard in comment columns, blogs, social media and the odd article which are countering that and have seen a groundswell of support.

Sorry, I should have said other than main stream media, blogs mainly. I've been avoiding social media allot lately, its better for my health, temper and blood pressure. 

Sorry, mate, genuinely haven't understood any of this post.

Corbyn has said he'd get rid of Westminster and have a rotating parliament England/Scotland/Wales etc. (I was cooking so apologies if he meant a regional rotating parliament but I don't think he did).

I'd rather see more devolution so would be against that.

But the point remains bar myself standing as an MP there isn't one that would represent my views 100%, he's doing a pretty fucking good job so far though.

Although I agree with his point that the bill for renovating parliament is going to be obscene and they could easily build a brand new facility (without subsidised bars!) far more suited to its needs without a fucking House of Lords.

EDIT: @ Jairz. I also don't agree with his view on PR.

Corbyn has said he'd get rid of Westminster and have a rotating parliament England/Scotland/Wales etc. (I was cooking so apologies if he meant a regional rotating parliament but I don't think he did).

I'd rather see more devolution so would be against that.

But the point remains bar myself standing as an MP there isn't one that would represent my views 100%, he's doing a pretty fucking good job so far though.

Oh right, I get you now.

These really are small potatoes though mate.

There are areas I disagree with him on, big fucking deal.

He's a man of principle and I could hate his view point and still respect him because of that.

As it is there's bits I disagree with and a fucking lot I do. I'm even thinking of giving the cunts £3 to vote for him.

I've argued for a long time the Labour Party will never get another penny out of me until they earn it.

I'm now put in a position if Corbyn doesn't win the leadership election there'll never be another 'Labour Party'.

So what does Labour have to do to earn your £3?