You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Labour Leadership Contest

The Next Labour Leader  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to cunt Cameron in the bastard?

• Liz Kendall - she invented mintcake.
    • Andy Burnham - such sadness in those eyes
    • Yvette Cooper - uses her maiden name because she doesn't want to be called "I've ate balls"
    • Jeremy Corbyn - substitute geography teacher

I am starting to believe he could actually win.

It is the hope that kills you. 

All the Labour cunts coming out and saying he could never win an election are doing the press/tories work for them if he does actually win the leadership. Funny how they talk about putting the party first, but completely ignore that when their gravy train gets challenged.

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to your post match analysis

Had at least 1200 people in a 800 seat venue. Broad spectrum of people there but a lot of young people - one of the questioners was 16.

I have recorded his speech on my iPhone's voice recorder and will look at trying to post it somehow (suggestions welcome).

I didn't stay for all of the questions but two of the more relevant were about forming a credible cross-party opposition with the SNP and other minority parties against the Tories austerity cuts, and proportional representation.

On PR he said he would want to keep one MP per constituency to build up the relationship between MP and constituents, but would be open to suggestions to 'top up' the commons to make things fairer. He'd abolish the HoL and make it an elected PR chamber.

On cross-party opposition he said he will work with SNP, Greens, LDs and others both inside and outside the commons to provide proper opposition.

EDIT: He also said he'd set out some policy ideas on the campaign website, but that he was open to new ideas and would welcome contributions which could be made on the website.

• Upvote 2

Shit. Really sorry. Tried to edit the recording before uploading it to soundcloud by editing out the first few minutes before the speech began, and ended up cutting the speech itself. Fucking twat bastard cunt app.

Hopefully it will be put online by the union.

Sorry.

• Upvote 1

11822476_10153540174758872_3356963530711

I was right at the back by the door. I thought it was a good night. Corbyn was pretty sound and the idea of a broad left alliance really appeals to me. I would like to have heard more from Corbyn rather than have the Q&A, which was pretty shambolic if unintentionally hilarious.The gay guy, straight from the Pride march, who gave us his potted life story while insisting that Corbyn had 'always been there' for him before getting heckled by the crowd into eventually asking his question. Then the feminist woman getting pissed off at men being given preference on the questions -there was a line up for the microphone - then being quitened by a pork pie hat wearing CP member who asked "would you let a woman go before you in a bus queue". Who he asked it of I do not know but the feminist was mollified. But perhaps that's the attraction of the left wing spectrum - it's just so fucking diverse.

Tony Mulhearn turned his question into a speech but he was supportive of Corbyn. Overall it was a good event and the atmosphere was brilliant; a buzz that only comes when you know the people are stirring, politicizing themselves and preparing to start questioning the way things are.

I couldn't get a seat but Ricky Tomlinson, who arrived after me and many others, did get an arse rest. He got a good reception from the crowd. I couldn't join in with that,but good luck to him, the journey from the far right to the left must be a tough one.

I was right at the back by the door. I thought it was a good night. Corbyn was pretty sound and the idea of a broad left alliance really appeals to me. I would like to have heard more from Corbyn rather than have the Q&A, which was pretty shambolic if unintentionally hilarious.The gay guy, straight from the Pride march, who gave us his potted life story while insisting that Corbyn had 'always been there' for him before getting heckled by the crowd into eventually asking his question. Then the feminist woman getting pissed off at men being given preference on the questions -there was a line up for the microphone - then being quitened by a pork pie hat wearing CP member who asked "would you let a woman go before you in a bus queue". Who he asked it of I do not know but the feminist was mollified. But perhaps that's the attraction of the left wing spectrum - it's just so fucking diverse.

Tony Mulhearn turned his question into a speech but he was supportive of Corbyn. Overall it was a good event and the atmosphere was brilliant; a buzz that only comes when you know the people are stirring, politicizing themselves and preparing to start questioning the way things are.

I couldn't get a seat but Ricky Tomlinson, who arrived after me and many others, did get an arse rest. He got a good reception from the crowd. I couldn't join in with that,but good luck to him, the journey from the far right to the left must be a tough one.

You weren't the bloke next to me with the BO were you?

I stayed for the first round of the Q&A, but left when the queue of people were getting into their stride, because it was getting harder to hear (as the noise in the bar was increasing) and because it seemed that everyone who got hold of the mike wanted to give their life story before their question.

Brilliant night, though.

You weren't the bloke next to me with the BO were you?

I stayed for the first round of the Q&A, but left when the queue of people were getting into their stride, because it was getting harder to hear (as the noise in the bar was increasing) and because it seemed that everyone who got hold of the mike wanted to give their life story before their question.

Brilliant night, though.

BO? Certainly not, My Sure deodorant was emanating like a fire in a Yankee Candle shop. You're quite right, though, some of these radical types do enjoy a good sweat.