You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Labour Leadership Contest

The Next Labour Leader  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to cunt Cameron in the bastard?

• Liz Kendall - she invented mintcake.
    • Andy Burnham - such sadness in those eyes
    • Yvette Cooper - uses her maiden name because she doesn't want to be called "I've ate balls"
    • Jeremy Corbyn - substitute geography teacher

Unless Labour can convince the electorate that they can run the economy competently they wont win. However inspiring Corbyn is to many young people election after election proves it's economic competence that decides the winner, Labour get in if they can convince people they are sound and if they don't then people vote in the Tories more out of fear than any positive affirmation of their policies. It's a boring reality that repeats and repeats .

They could point to their record in Government - and then point to Osborne's.  When it comes to basic competence, Labour wipe the fucking floor with the Tories, every time.

Yes really. Name one labour government that has reduced unemployment. There hasn't been one yet- ever.

Just wanted to say I hope you never get hit by a speeding Arctic truck and then have a grand piano land on the grease spot, you festering twat.

• Upvote 1

Yes really. Name one labour government that has reduced unemployment. There hasn't been one yet- ever. The question was asked in the house of commons and there wasn't an answer.

The one that came in in 1997.  It wasn't until they let the Capitalists wreck the place that unemployment returned to the kind of levels it was under their immediate predecessors.

• Upvote 1

The last Labour leader did not dispute it.

April 2nd 2014.

And yet the facts do.

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/5695/alevel/unemployment-stats-and-graphs/

The last Labour leader also let the fact that Gideon added shit loads of debt slide by uncommented.  The last Labour leader was dogshit.

Maybe I need to put it in big writing.

Which Labour Government left office with the unemployment rate at a lower level than when it took office?

Ed Milliband could not name one when it was stated on 02.04.2014.PrimeMinisters Questions. Look it up in Hansard.

• Downvote 4

Maybe I need to put it in big writing.

Which Labour Government left office with the unemployment rate at a lower level than when it took office?

Ed Milliband could not name one when it was stated on 02.04.2014.

Did nobody ever teach you how to read a graph?

1979 - 1983 Tories increased unemployment massively.

1983 - 1987  Unemployment reduced, but still not as low as under Labour.

1987 - 1992  Tories increased unemployment massively.

1992 - 1997  Unemployment reduced, but still not as low as under Labour.

1997 - 2001 Labour reduced unemployment to low levels not seen since the previous Labour Government

2001 - 2005  Labour reduced unemployment.

2005 - 2010 Labour held unemployment low, until the effects of the global economic fuck-up hit.

2010 - 2015 The Tory-led Coalition left office with unemployment at a lower rate than the inflated one it had inherited, but not without increasing unemployment first.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/unemployment-rate

Ed Milliband struggled to eat a bacon sandwich.  That does not mean that bacon sandwiches are inedible.

Like I say, Labour wipe the floor with the Tories when it comes to employment - and economic competence in general.

• Upvote 2

What a fucking meaningless statistic in isolation anyway. Zero hour contracts, "apprenticeships" (child labour at about £3 p/h), part time, the people forced to become "self employed" that have no income at all, people that have been sanctioned for being 12 seconds late for a meeting. All the unemployment figure really measures is the amount of people claiming JSA. 

Over 5m people in work are below the poverty line. 

anchorman.jpg

1365682_o.gif

mavs-celebrate-with-champagne-bath-o.gif

giphy.gif

• Upvote 4

Still waiting. Ed couldn't answer it. Neither did any Labour MP when the question was asked.

Have you got me on ignore?

You asked a question.  I've answered it three times.  You keep blathering on about Ed Milliband, as if that's in any way relevant to anything.

You are a stupid person.  I'm going to bed.  Go fuck yer ma.

• Upvote 1