You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nathaniel Clyne

Innova

God I hate LFCtv interviews. Nathaniel tell me how boss I look in these jeans. Next question so nathaniel when did you first hear about how boss my jeans are.... you're entitled to some boss jeans now... put them on... are they comfy, tell me how comfy these boss jeans are.... touch my cock, im lonely.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

Iv'e noticed Clyne doesn't seem to get much criticism on here because he is a decent defender who does "a job", but frankly he has some pretty glaring weaknesses. 

He is really poor technically. I have noticed that so few good attacks ever develop from the right side because he has difficulty controlling and carrying the ball. I know that most on here are fans of his but I think he was an unnecessary signing. He was signed for 12 mill and yet isn't really better than the man Southampton replaced him with, (Cedric), who cost 4mill.

In my opinion, he's really got to improve going forwards because, besides his decent defensive work, he really impedes the team when he has possession of the ball.

Hr doesn't make many defensive mistakes. He offers fuck all going forward though. You can have one or two like him in the team but we have a full squad of workman like jobbers. The money spent on him was far too much (wasnt it 15ml plus) i was in hospital so fees from ladt year im unsure about. If it was in that range its a waste for a decent defender that offers nothing in the final third

• Upvote 1

It was 12,5mill. And yes considering you can find good fullbacks on the cheap, spending that amount of money on someone who didn't provide an assist last season for Southampton was weird to me.

When he plays with Milner or Ibe in front of him, the overall lack of technique and composure in those duos makes me cringe.

Iv'e noticed Clyne doesn't seem to get much criticism on here because he is a decent defender who does "a job", but frankly he has some pretty glaring weaknesses. 

He is really poor technically. I have noticed that so few good attacks ever develop from the right side because he has difficulty controlling and carrying the ball. I know that most on here are fans of his but I think he was an unnecessary signing. He was signed for 12 mill and yet isn't really better than the man Southampton replaced him with, (Cedric), who cost 4mill.

In my opinion, he's really got to improve going forwards because, besides his decent defensive work, he really impedes the team when he has possession of the ball.

But his replacement at Soton plays in a better organised defence with a decent Keeper behind him, I like my full backs to defend first & foremost & he's good at that. Because we're so poor going forward & our midfield is atrocious, Clyne's weakness in the last 3rd come to the fore even more. I like him & if he played at any of the current top 4, he would improve them.

Hr doesn't make many defensive mistakes. He offers fuck all going forward though. You can have one or two like him in the team but we have a full squad of workman like jobbers. The money spent on him was far too much (wasnt it 15ml plus) i was in hospital so fees from ladt year im unsure about. If it was in that range its a waste for a decent defender that offers nothing in the final third

You've alluded that he's a good DEFENDER that doesn't make many mistakes, which is really something given that we can't defend as a team. You can't use the rest of the teams inadequacies as a stick to beat him with though.

So, basically what you're saying is you were asleep when it happened on your watch?

You've alluded that he's a good DEFENDER that doesn't make many mistakes, which is really something given that we can't defend as a team. You can't use the rest of the teams inadequacies as a stick to beat him with though.

Yes, but the point is that we didn't need to spend 12,5 mill on a "solid" fullback who gives you next to nothing going forwards. This is a bad example, but if you only want a fullback who can defend, you can just put a central defender there.

If you look at the best fullbacks in the league these past few years, they were all bought on the cheap, you think of Zabaleta coming for 6 mill from Espanyol, Ivanovic for 5mill, Coleman for less than a mill, The best right back in the league, Bellerin was signed as a youth player.

My point is if you want to spend more than 10 mill on a full back, he better be Dani Alves going forwards because you can find good fullbacks for very cheap if you know what you are doing.

It was 12,5mill. And yes considering you can find good fullbacks on the cheap, spending that amount of money on someone who didn't provide an assist last season for Southampton was weird to me.

When he plays with Milner or Ibe in front of him, the overall lack of technique and composure in those duos makes me cringe.

He's shit, and because we play narrow under Klopp there is extra onus on him and Moreno to provide creativity. Hopefully Flanno gets a chance there. 

Yes, but the point is that we didn't need to spend 12,5 mill on a "solid" fullback who gives you next to nothing going forwards. This is a bad example, but if you only want a fullback who can defend, you can just put a central defender there.

This is all kinds of wrong.

If you look at the best fullbacks in the league these past few years, they were all bought on the cheap, you think of Zabaleta coming for 6 mill from Espanyol, Ivanovic for 5mill, Coleman for less than a mill, The best right back in the league, Bellerin was signed as a youth player.

My point is if you want to spend more than 10 mill on a full back, he better be Dani Alves going forwards because you can find good fullbacks for very cheap if you know what you are doing.

Therein lay the problem.

I like him and think he was by far our best Summer signing.

He can defend,is quick and consistently good. I dont really care if he cant attack that well as he is a defender. Its the other shitcunts around him that I have a problem with.

Agree totally. He doesn't offer much going forward because there is nothing forward for him to offer to except a much of fannies and a static lump.