You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nathaniel Clyne

Innova

Saw you in my thread earlier, throwing bants around, trying to undermine me. Now I see you're in here, do you want to tell me what the hell that's about?

Listen lad, I'll throw my bants where I want; if you've got a problem with that, I heard the calling-people-out place is near a chippy. Can you place an order for me so its ready for when I arrive?
  • Upvote 2

Well, if Matt Le Tissier said it...

I'm guessing he watches them more then most of us, Southampton was a team I saw quite a bit of last season aswell and Clyne was the standout player for me.Wanyama, Schneiderlin and Bertrand are also quality but Clyne was the only one I was convinced is ready for the step up.

He's certainly cl class imo and I'm amazed no other clubs are in for him, for Manu it should have been a no brainer.

I have to disagree with this, I haven't seen him get caught out of position much or any players covering him.

Matt Le Tisser was asked about him and Bertrand a couple of months ago how they go forward so much and still have a good defensive record, he said they both have amazing engines and just get up and down the pitch all game.

I have no idea how to counter this.

If you and Le Tiss think "amazing engines" explains a fullback's defensive record then we may be at an impasse.

As for Utd, perhaps they were just a bit wary, as the last time they spent big on Southampton's best fullback they struggled to get him to replicate his form.

I have no idea how to counter this.

If you and Le Tiss think "amazing engines" explains a fullback's defensive record then we may be at an impasse.

As for Utd, perhaps they were just a bit wary, as the last time they spent big on Southampton's best fullback they struggled to get him to replicate his form.

Manu are not not signing Clyne because of a lack of ability, I looked on a Southampton forum when we were first linked and apparently Clynes agent was taking the piss when Manu were negotiating for him, Clyne got a new one at the end of the season.

We'll just have to agree to disagree about Clyne but I think those not thrilled about the signing will be plesently surprised when they see him regularly for us.

I don't know much about him. As he's from Southampton I'm setting the expectations low and assuming we are being mugged off. Happy for those expectations to be raised when the season starts.

My uncle had a saying about Southampton players: "Shoot 'em all and let God them sort them out."

Unfortunately one day he put his theory into practise, it took 75 Federal Marshall's to bring him down, now let's never speak of him again.