You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Mario stay or should he go

Bjornebye

Mario Fantasti-Go?   

146 members have voted

1. 1. One last go or arrivaderci

• Not arsed, not good enough, get rid.
    • Talented - deserves one more shot

Benteke, A broken Sturridge and Ings isn't enough for us striker wise.

I am not counting Origi as I don't think he is ready for the league yet - so in the absence of buying another decent striker one of the turds that is Borini, Lambert and Balotelli is going to be needed.....of those three I would rather take a chance on Balotelli....

I realise he is dogshite, but the other two are worse in my view.

Firmino has apparently played in a front 2. So i'd have him as another potential option.

And I'd be picking one of our reserve kids (Ojo maybe) before i'd ever give balotelli yet another chance to stink the place out for us. 

I'd be surprised if he's not out on loan with another club before the window is shut.

• Upvote 1

I think Firmino is going to be a striker, I'm certain of it.

The similarities between his game and that of Suarez is uncanny, though obviously not as good as Suarez (yet), but his movement, tenacity, hunger, and appetite to shoot from anywhere, with either foot, is all there.

I think Rodgers' tactical masterplan was to recreate 2013/14, that was his pitch to Mike Gordon, and he said that Firmino will be Suarez, and Benteke can step-in for Sturridge, and the last forward position would be shared between Ibe, Lallana, or Markovic.

I feel confident that Ibe can make that position his own this season, and if that were to be the case, I'd like to see us take Lallana and Markovic to market, see what we get for them, and then recruit someone very strong to be vying with Ibe for that spot in the team.

Benteke, A broken Sturridge and Ings isn't enough for us striker wise.

I am not counting Origi as I don't think he is ready for the league yet - so in the absence of buying another decent striker one of the turds that is Borini, Lambert and Balotelli is going to be needed.....of those three I would rather take a chance on Balotelli....

I realise he is dogshite, but the other two are worse in my view.

I've been impressed with what I have seen from Ings and Origi, even though Origi doesn't look clinical his link up play looks good and he has pace and movement.

I understand fans wanting Balo to stay rather then loaning him out and paying most of his wages but I don't see how he's going to get a game here, even if the new strikers struggled we could put Firmino up front or play one up front and have players like Lallana or Markovic starting.

I think he will stay as he won't accept a move to a smaller club but I don't expect to him in the team or squad much.

I can see Borini and Lambert getting sold, but Balotelli just doesn't seem to care that much. He wasn't bad to start with, and he's got skill, but his later performances where he'd stroll back and get caught offside then shrug were infuriating.

I think he'll go on loan to an Italian side who smartly want a try before you buy in case he's still eating crayons.

• Upvote 1

I've been impressed with what I have seen from Ings and Origi, even though Origi doesn't look clinical his link up play looks good and he has pace and movement.

I understand fans wanting Balo to stay rather then loaning him out and paying most of his wages but I don't see how he's going to get a game here, even if the new strikers struggled we could put Firmino up front or play one up front and have players like Lallana or Markovic starting.

I think he will stay as he won't accept a move to a smaller club but I don't expect to him in the team or squad much.

I would like to think Rodgers has learnt from playing non strikers as strikers and from this one striker supported by two players who we aren't quite sure what they are or what they do lark.... 

• Upvote 1

I would like to think Rodgers has learnt from playing non strikers as strikers and from this one striker supported by two players who we aren't quite sure what they are or what they do lark....

I'm sure Rodgers is banking on his new strikers and has faith in them doing well as do I, we done well with one striker up front last season when sterling played there and was able to link up and bring others in to the game, our new strikers are capable of that.

Good interview here with Ings and Fowler that may have already been posted, I already believed in Ings before seeing this but this shows he clearly has the right attitude to succeed here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LnZwZyKtIAY

Ings seems ace. He's the exact opposite of Balotelli as regards attitude and application. Reckon he'll get into double figures for us next season, and will be a great option off the bench with 30 to go, up against tired defences.

Ings seems ace. He's the exact opposite of Balotelli as regards attitude and application. Reckon he'll get into double figures for us next season, and will be a great option off the bench with 30 to go, up against tired defences.

If only we made substitutions with 30 minutes to go. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

They've has just cropped him out of an image on the official club twitter account saying -

"Adam Lallana can't wait to link up to the world class talent waiting back at Anfield"

This is the image

CKwk1y9WoAAo8Py.jpg

This is the original image

481667506-christian-benteke-of-liverpool

The club are taking the piss out of all 4, cropped Mario out and then quote marked the words world class. Self deprecation at its best.

Balotelli has to go. We have lots of options now, even if Sturridge is injured. Balotelli had his chance here and didn't take it. Get the best deal we can, which will hopefully mean selling him, even if we lose half our money. If it ends up being a loan then so be it. 

If he stays I don't see how he can get anywhere near the match day squad. If he wants to be a footballer he needs to find a team to take him and let him play. Surely there is someone in Italy who would want him? And I don't mean that third tier club!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Balotelli has to go. We have lots of options now, even if Sturridge is injured. Balotelli had his chance here and didn't take it. Get the best deal we can, which will hopefully mean selling him, even if we lose half our money. If it ends up being a loan then so be it.

If he stays I don't see how he can get anywhere near the match day squad. If he wants to be a footballer he needs to find a team to take him and let him play. Surely there is someone in Italy who would want him? And I don't mean that third tier club!

Borini

Lambert

Origi

Ings

Mario

Benteke

Sturridge

Someone is going to go surely.