You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Mario stay or should he go

Bjornebye

Mario Fantasti-Go?   

146 members have voted

1. 1. One last go or arrivaderci

• Not arsed, not good enough, get rid.
    • Talented - deserves one more shot

Sherwood is better than Rodgers... Everything is shit... Rodgers fault Balotelli is wank... Ian ayre... Transfer committee... Liverpool is dead... Fuck fsg... Allen is conference standard... Can't set up a defence... Can't set up an attack... Yes men all through the club... Worst squad ever... Defo gonna get relegated... Probably never win a match again etc. etc.

Who's fault is it then, Mario's? because he's proven he can score goals at every level, playing for teams competing and winning titles in Italy and the premier league. His record is above 1 in 3 average even at international level so we should of expected a minimum of 6 goals in the 16 premier league appearances he made. Why didn't he score them? 

Everyone could see about 3 games into Mario's time here he couldn't play up front on his own, so why did Rodger's persist with it the entire season?  Giving him a partner (even a little and large striker combination with Sterling) might of worked to some degree but he never really tried it, same with pairing him with Lambert or bringing Origi back early to see if it'd work.

Rodgers hung every striker at the club out to dry last season sans Daniel Sturridge and even he suffered greatly from being overplayed whilst injured and aggravated previous injuries. Just makes no sense to do that to the very players you need to get the best out of because every man and his dog could see our main problem was scoring goals.

So yes i do blame Rodgers for not getting the best out Mario and i think Rodgers handling of him has been decidedly poor. Lambert went from 13 goals to 2, Borini went from 7 goals to 2 and Mario went from 14 goals to 1. So yes there is a bigger picture and unless that bigger picture is addressed then we might be seeing Benteke go from 13 goals to 3, do we just attack all these players individually or do we see the common thread connecting them all?

• Upvote 12

Sherwood is better than Rodgers... Everything is shit... Rodgers fault Balotelli is wank... Ian ayre... Transfer committee... Liverpool is dead... Fuck fsg... Allen is conference standard... Can't set up a defence... Can't set up an attack... Yes men all through the club... Worst squad ever... Defo gonna get relegated... Probably never win a match again etc. etc.

Fucking sick of you coming on here moaning and being negative all the time....

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be much more positive about our chances this season if this fuckwit isn't at the club.

Me too. However the fuckwit I'm referring to is Rodgers.

I think the Lallana/Lambert pairing spent less minutes on the pitch at the same time than the number of goals they scored between them at Soton.

Hopefully Milner might improve the situation for Benteke/Balotelli.

• Upvote 2

Brendan Rodgers says he is "not sure" whether Mario Balotelli will still be a Liverpool player when the new season begins.

Balotelli was left out of the squad to tour south east Asia and Australia and is instead training back at the club's Melwood base.

The £16m striker, who started just 10 league games last season, angered some Liverpool supporters on Monday when he publicly congratulated former team-mate Raheem Sterling on his debut goal for Manchester City.

And Rodgers stopped short of guaranteeing Balotelli's Anfield future when the question was put to him at a Kuala Lumpur press conference ahead of Friday's game against a Malaysia XI.

He said: "I'm not sure - that'll be entirely up to Mario. He's working very hard to get fit and that's something we'll see when the season begins.

"Mario's obviously not on the tour, but he's been training well back at Melwood with a number of other players."

Rodgers has recruited forwards Danny Ings (pictured) and Roberto Firmino this summer

Rodgers has recruited forwards Danny Ings (pictured) and Roberto Firmino this summer

Liverpool have already signed forwards Danny Ings and Roberto Firmino this summer, while a £32.5m deal for Christian Benteke is expected to go through.

He's a fanny's arse and should be offloaded as quickly as possible.  There's a touch of the Ryan Babel about him, definitely talented but unfortunately not the mentality to consistently produce what he's capable of on the pitch.  I'm not saying he's a thick cunt (although he may well be), but just not driven enough to fulfill his potential.

He's a fanny's arse and should be offloaded as quickly as possible.  There's a touch of the Ryan Babel about him, definitely talented but unfortunately not the mentality to consistently produce what he's capable of on the pitch.  I'm not saying he's a thick cunt (although he may well be), but just not driven enough to fulfill his potential.

Agreed ,I never at any stage wanted him . Quite where's hes going to go is the problem

Why the fuck we actually had to buy him is beyond me, A big loan fee a year ago would seem very cheap now