You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Mario stay or should he go

Bjornebye

Mario Fantasti-Go?   

146 members have voted

1. 1. One last go or arrivaderci

• Not arsed, not good enough, get rid.
    • Talented - deserves one more shot

Putting the ball in the back of the net.  Not having it that a full Italian international with a 1 in 3 record isn't superior to those lot.

Lambert, carthorse that's past his best

Borini, has he even played for Italy?

Origi, can't score in regularly in a piss poor French league

Ings, a back up for a poor England u21 team

Need better than all five of them but Mario is the best of that bunch, easily.

Oh, penalties. He's one of the thickest players we've ever had, and he doesn't give a fuck. Nothing even approaching a fuck.

I'd rather any of those four players played instead of Balotelli. They at least pass what should be the first pre-requisite for playing for us. Will you try?

Anything to have that ludicrous fucking spastic not play for us again. Strolling around, occasionally breaking into a trot to get 15 yards offside, or take a shot from the half way line. Fuck me, what a fucking ridiculous fucking cunt.

I'd rather we resigned Aspas and played him ahead of this ming.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Best season Mario ever had in the premier league he scored 13 goals. Ings nearly scored that in his first premier league season at Burnley and instead of Aguero, Toure and Silva playing with him he had Scott Arfield and George Boyd supplying him.

Lambert's premier league record is better than Mario's as well. Mario is suited to Italy, he can be a good 10-15 goal a season striker there propped up with penalties, but not here, no chance.

The Mario myth has run its course here so it's best he moves on to West Ham or somewhere so they can try and get him to reach his non existent potential. Big, strong, Powerful, but dumber than a bag of hammers. What's the point of having a big dick if you don't know how to use it.

The Mario myth has run its course here so it's best he moves on to West Ham or somewhere so they can try and get him to reach his non existent potential. Big, strong, Powerful, but dumber than a bag of hammers. What's the point of having a big dick if you don't know how to use it.

They've got about four strikers better than him, sadly.

Balotelli will be going on loan to someone in Italy. We'll be paying 98.8% of his wages.

What say the masses?

I know from posts that loads want rid of him. he comes across dis-interested and a waste of space. In amongst all that is a lot of talent and I reckon he will thrive in a faster, better team. He can't play up top on his own but with the right support he is without doubt a match winner. All the bad publicity he gets is mostly bullshit, he doesn't really do anything wrong off the pitch. The media just cast him as this bad boy.

I'd definitely keep him for another season and from what I have seen he certainly can offer more than Origi.

Thoughts?

I disagree - i don't think he has any talent. Well anymore than another player. People seem to think he's some untapped resource and an enigma that one day will utilise the bags of talent he has been to much of a frustrated genius to use.

The real story is - he's shit, lazy, has a bad attitude and is an overall poor player to have in your squad. Get rid.

Mario has played at the highest level, and won honours, at club level, and is an experienced international. His quality is a given, the question is whether Brendan is good enough to get the performances, and goals, out of him that others have done. He should be good for a goal every three to four games at least.

He was lacklustre last year, as was the manager and much of the team. He never has been a warrior who will dig you out of trouble, but he can be a maverick capable of scoring, and turning games, against the very best opposition, qualities which were wholly absent last year. But Lambert and Borini also failed to recapture the goal scoring form that they had enjoyed while playing elsewhere so this is hardly a Mario problem alone.

I struggle with the idea that he came here just to ponce around, frankly Milan has a bit more to offer a young millionaire than Merseyside. Yes he does need to work harder- but then so too does everyone at the club. If we are looking for scapegoats, Mario is hardly number one target.

• Upvote 3

I'd keep him, and occasionally play him.

Like Ronaldinho says, if you can't score with Firmino and Coutinho feeding you then you can't score.

Personally, I want rid, but I want him to play a couple of cup games, score a hat-trick and sell him to Spurs for £23m in January.

Like Razorback mentioned, if we can get most of his fee back I'd sell him. If not keep him, tell Brendan to man-manage him and see if the two of them can't work out how to get if him to turn up next season. I do think he'd be better with a partner, and that might have been the initial plan.