You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Mario stay or should he go

Bjornebye

Mario Fantasti-Go?   

146 members have voted

1. 1. One last go or arrivaderci

• Not arsed, not good enough, get rid.
    • Talented - deserves one more shot

Hmmmm. A few injuries and we may need to shift one of those players back into the playing squad. It's one thing to tell somebody that they're surplus to requirements and would be better off elsewhere if they want playing time. Another altogether to isolate and punish them for no reason. Suarez trained by himself as punishment for the attempted Arsenal move - which was fair enough. None of these players have refused to train or caused problems. If you pulled this stunt in a normal workplace it would be borderline bullying.

• Upvote 4

Our shiteness of last season has seen coaches sacked for it players pushed out of training for it and yet another massive spending spree to try and fix it.

Fair to say that the manager is running out of scapegoats and excuses if we don't pick up this season.

• Upvote 1

Hmmmm. A few injuries and we may need to shift one of those players back into the playing squad. It's one thing to tell somebody that they're surplus to requirements and would be better off elsewhere if they want playing time. Another altogether to isolate and punish them for no reason. Suarez trained by himself as punishment for the attempted Arsenal move - which was fair enough. None of these players have refused to train or caused problems. If you pulled this stunt in a normal workplace it would be borderline bullying.

It does seem disproportionate but we don't know what's happened behind the scenes or if anything has been said. They might have had words privately with Rodgers or their agents may have been stirring things up.

Balotelli or Borini will probably earn more for running around a few cones this weekend than most of us do in a year. Nothing normal at all about their workplace, and on the plus side for them, there's even less normal about their remuneration.

Borini was never a top level footballer, but it's a shame Balotelli lost interest in the sport a few years ago. An even bigger shame that we didn't recognise this last summer.

Benteke, Ings, Origi, Firmino and hopefully Sturridge. We should have plenty there in terms of bodies, whatever about quality.

oh I don't know.  You've forgotten about Lucas.

Actually, we need to get rid.  I once was giving some lady a lift home to Southport from Liverpool as I was on a promise.  I had to stop on the Formby By-pass to get some petrol.  By the time we got there, she had already  bored me shitless, so I gave her some money and asked her to go and pay and fucked off and left her there.  

That's what I'd do with this chump as well.  Except in outer space.

That's beautiful.  I wept.

This is a must read for fans who are blaming BR for Balotelli not working out here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Brenzie/status/627453355217022976/photo/1

1 in 2 average at Ac Milan and 1 in 3 at every other club, including playing in the premier league and at international level.

1 in 16 average playing under Rodgers. But nothing to do with Rodgers.

seh6p.gif

• Upvote 7

I'm sure we could have got more out of Balotelli last season if used properly, played with two strikers, etc. But I'm equally sure that he doesn't try very much, didn't take whatever chance he's had here, and is completely out of step with the manager. He didn't prove his worth to us last season when it was wide open. Now he is several places further back in the queue.

Since we have Benteke, Ings, Origi and Sturridge to come back (!) and also Firmino, I cannot see a place for Balotelli and I won't be bothered one jot if he goes. 

I'm holding out for Zola to buy him. Zola is the manager at some club in Qatar (I think). They need to pick up a few trinkets in the build up to their world cup, (it's still years away, but in the meantime I expect them to at least try to give the appearance of being a footballing nation). Balotelli, while not being the player we all hoped for, still has some sort of name. 

Come on Zola, you know it makes sense!

In a normal workplace these guys would have been out of the door by now,  

Hell go to italy on transfer dealine day for peanuts

And we'll get slated for having wasted the difference between the £16m we paid and whatever the selling fee is.  

Meanwhile, nobody will bat an eyelid at the £16m the Mancs have lost on di Maria or the £6m lost on Falcao.  That's the difference between where we are and where the richest clubs are.  It's not in what you can afford to spend, but in what you can afford to waste.

The Shitness of Modern Football.

• Upvote 2

Never want to see him play for us again. He got more than enough chances to prove himself last year.

I didn't want him to sign initially but never in my lowest of low expectations did I except a return of 1 league goal for all his games.

He's on the list of one of our worst ever signings for his fee and what he's produced for us.

To paraphrase Jon Stewart - he somehow failed to meet even our already-low expectations; he is the Sharknado 2 of football.