You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Milner is....

TheHowieLama

53 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He shouldn't have to play this much. At a midfield position in which we have pretty much unmatched depth, he's had to play like 4 straight games. Crazy situation. 

Yes, felt sorry for him , 4 games in 10 days is ridiculous at his age. Very surprised Jones or AOC never started tonight.

5 hours ago, sir roger said:

Yes, felt sorry for him , 4 games in 10 days is ridiculous at his age. Very surprised Jones or AOC never started tonight.

Jones made a big difference against West Ham and deserved a start. He's one of very few who plays with energy and tries to play forward mainly. That midfield has struggled a lot since Hendo has gone to centre back.

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

I blame Ox and Origi. We wouldn't have to run some of these guys into the ground if those 2 unreliable cunts pulled their weight.

Klopp is a big factor why these 2 are still at the club, Origi especially we've have countless opportunites to accept a bid and cut our losses.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, No2 said:

I blame Ox and Origi. We wouldn't have to run some of these guys into the ground if those 2 unreliable cunts pulled their weight.

I have a bigger issue with Keita not been seen since we played palace away.

We payed big money for someone that can't string a number of games together he's been a disaster of a signing not because he doesnt have ability he does but its irrelevant if he's never available.

Milner looks like an old man out there at times but I'm loathe to criticise him, as he's still working his bollocks off for this team and setting a great example. It's a shame his mentality isn't rubbing off on the many malingering twats we have.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

He placed a bet on Mrs Milner...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-james-milner-cheltenham-winner-20207497

James Milner celebrates Cheltenham winner but Liverpool star not entirely happy

Liverpool midfielder took to Twitter after many spotted a horse called Mrs Milner running in the Cheltenham festival. 

James Milner has become something of a phenomenon on social media ever since he joined on various platforms nearly three years ago.

The Liverpool midfielder often takes to Twitter to provide his followers with quite humorous takes on the world, and now he’s at it again.

Ever since he joined Twitter in March 2018, Milner has often caught the eye with his funny and witty remarks, and now he’s provided us with another.

This week sees the prestigious Cheltenham festival taking place, with one horse running that will surely have caught the attention of Liverpool fans who have an interest in the event.

A horse called ‘Mrs Milner’ won the 1.55pm race on Thursday, leaving many to wonder whether or not the player himself had any connection to the winner.

Anyone who did didn’t have to wait long, as Milner tweeted to let people know whether or not he has a connection with the horse, and if he himself had a bet on it winning.

And while the Liverpool star backed a winner, he was not entirely happy with how things panned out.

Milner wrote: “To save me replying to everyone who’s WhatsApp’d me… YES - I backed it."

But he added: “NO - it’s not my horse.

“YES - the wife is demanding all the winnings. #winnerwinner.”

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Love the lad. Keep him in the summer. Wish we signed him when he was 17. 

Yeah he's a great lad.

Would be disappointed if he was even on the bench next season but would keep him here because he is a great lad around the place and we need the likes of Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliot to look at him and see what makes a great pro.

1 minute ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah he's a great lad.

Would be disappointed if he was even on the bench next season but would keep him here because he is a great lad around the place and we need the likes of Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliot to look at him and see what makes a great pro.

He was head and shoulders our best player in that first half mate. Someone said in the match thread Klopp has managed his game time well. Absolutely want him for next year. He's got another 2 seasons in him. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He was head and shoulders our best player in that first half mate. Someone said in the match thread Klopp has managed his game time well. Absolutely want him for next year. He's got another 2 seasons in him. 

Yeah I do agree with his performance tonight but at times I've felt that he has looked on his last legs this season.

I'd love him here for two years as a player. Keep everyone honest and a great lad around the place in training. Maybe a coaching role as well. You need fellas like him at a club but if he gets much gametime it really would suggest that we haven't spent or we have an injury crisis. 

I do wonder what our midfield will look like in 12 months time. Gini probably gone. Keita possibly gone and I have major doubts about Thiago, who has been our Veron and that's possibly been kind to him. 

4 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Last of a dying breed.

Great player for us and a major influence on our success on and off the pitch. 

We’ll need a new arl arse when he goes. 

Few enough of them left, though Robbo’s made of similar stuff. 

1 minute ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Should have played last week, reckon we're in the semis tonight if he did.

I’m not sure. Scoring one goal in 180 minutes is what killed us and he generally doesn’t help in that regard, phenomenal as he is in other ways. That said, pretty great strike from him that Postman Pat tipped over tonight. 

Milner was brilliant. When Henderson isn't available, Milner's leadership is always quite useful.

Loved how he acknowledged the shithousery from Casemiro after he got up from that tackle near the touchline. He would probably have been thinking "yeah, I would have done the same to you too if I had the chance. Just ask Benzema".