You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Milner is....

TheHowieLama

• 3 months later...

“I’d like one James Milner please’.

’Certainly sir, would you like him wrapped?’

”No thanks, what do I owe you?”

’Nothing.’

”I’m sorry, I thought you said nothing.”

’That’s right, he’s absolutely free sir.”

“Psst, quick start the car. Let’s get out of here before some fucker realises their mistake.”

BGJ - some of the best things in life ARE free.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, A_S said:

The best free transfer in the club's history? Even better is that City could sure use his type of leadership right now! 

I don’t think I could name a better one in world football? 

A transfer that has worked out better than I think both parties could ever have hoped for.

4 hours ago, magicrat said:

I think Klopp deserves massive credit for inspiring Milner to play to these standards even when most players his age are out to grass. It's clear how much respect they have for each other 

Yeah, it is one thing for Ronaldo or Ibra to stand around up top for long stretches of matches but he is in the thick of it pressing and chasing. That is when he is not bombing up and down the flank as a fullback.

I think Gini could be another that could go like that for 4 or 5 more years.